Jimbo Needs A House

thaigerd

Have to start a new topic here because I couldn't reply from your original posting.

I just was looking around for a friend of mine last week, same requirements you have.

Get on a motorbike/car and search the area where you want to move. Ask local people in small shops etc.

In the area around Loch Palm Golf Club I've found some great houses, between 10-20.000.-Baht. I went into the small sois left and right from the main road and found a lot. Use your wife/gf/bf as a "first contact person". In one case the owner(Thai) went down from 20.000.- to 16.000.-Baht/month rental.

Any more help needed, contact me by mail.

Have a look in the Phuket Gazette online or even better place an ad there, it's free and you will get some good offers.

Good luck!

Gerd

Dear Gerd,

Thanks for the info. I was indeed more or less planning to jsut rent a jeep and drive around the area.

I have tried the Phuket Gazette but I only get crazy replies from folks. Either they want me to pay one year in advance or they want a 4 month !!!! deposit or they have a nice small house available in the middle of nowehere for the special rate of 50K a month. Its not really getting me somewhere. Although I will make a decent salary, I dont want to spend half of it on a house.

I guess the houses you mention at the Golf course are a pretty good deal. I will definetely check it out.

Do most of the houses which are for rent have some type of for rent sign outsite with a phone number?

Well thanks a lot for the info and maybe I can buy you a beer one day!

Hi Jimbo,

some have signs, some not.

That's why I(my wife) asked a lot people who just passed by or in small shops etc.

Take a motorbike and give it a try like me.

Many of these guys tried the same with us: Old dirty houses-but a huge amount for rent and paying in advance.

It took me a whole day to find a house for my friend in Rawai area:

2 bedrooms, living rooms, bathroom, half furnished and a giant!!! garden around

with a big wall (she owns 2 rottis :o ).

7000.- Baht and 1 month in advance!

When you need more help, just let me know.

Gerd

Wow, thats a pretty good deal. Does it have a/c?

Rawai is a bit too isolated for me. I want to be a bit closer to the shops and town. The houses you saw near loch palm in the area of 12 - 15k, are they nice or a bit slummy?

Well if you saw a nice house in that area and you might still have a phone number that would help me out a great deal. We will be arriving on wednesday from Amsterdam and will be crashing in a hotel for a few days until I find a nice place.

Jimbo,

it's your lucky day today!

I just found some pix in my camera:

This house is around Loch Palm. great surroundings, quiet, brand new, 2bedrooms,

2bathrooms, living room with kitchen, some furniture.

16.000.-Baht, have a look

waiting_for_food_009.jpg

waiting_for_food_012.jpg

waiting_for_food_015.jpg

waiting_for_food_010.jpg

As you can see only 3 houses, one is occupied.

I still have the phone number from the owner(Thai) :o

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

I actually saw the same houses posted elsewhere on a real estate page. I also have a dog and would prefer her to be to able to roam a fenced garden. These houses dont seem to have one. Thanks a lot for thinking of me though. If thinks dont work out with another house then I will get back to you :o