Can Bangkok stop the decline of its nightlife?

webfact

I used to own a club on Silom, in our hay day MUSIC quality music was our number one priority. After 7+yrs buying all the music for 3 floors I had to step away (this was when Internet was at a snails pace), I came back to the club to get quality back. My first horrifying night was listening to our DJ (not my hire) playing House music at 132bpm, that in aerobic speed, or as I say very CHEMICAL. Our bars sold drinks,at that moment our clientele would buy a beer and hold onto it for an hour (beer costs were less than most clubs). Then I cleaned up another floor we started to get our our old quality people back. I am into the MUSIC, crazy about music. What I did not see (incredibly STUPID) was I was killing someone(s) drug business, I estimated i cost these leaches about B90,000-120,000/month in sales. All I cared about was having the BEST soulful House in Bangkok and making sure we sold as many drinks as possible.

The 3rd month I was cleaning up, I was set-up in a ridiculous, situation where a "working girl" made an image of infidelity right in front of one of the bar camera's with me, I owned the place and did not know where the cameras were. I was married more then 15yrs, I am no monger type. What idiot would bring a girl to the club he owned with his wife.....I do not have Dimensa.

Cutting to the chase, divorced. My ex-wife's right hand guy now runs the club across the Soi, would he have something to do with it??

Sorry to say drugs control the clubbing scene for the most part. So the music has to suite the drug scene, money is power not to mention 99.9% of local DJ's don't know or care about learning the music, they are all circulating the same pirated grade B/C music amongst them selves.

I the end if you are clubbing to get laid, music is the back drop so no one has to hear the rubbish banter going on, consider the music as a filter from the BS men and women spout.

Shame music lost after all that the reason club music started.

• Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure use the clubs to get laid if you can't pull in any other setting but don't ask such an moronic question like "who goes to clubs for music?"

I guarantee he very rarely gets laid from girls he meets in either Route 66 or Fix / Slim anyway.

lol you are clueless mate. i remember you asking me questions on thailand on thorntree forum before you even came here.

not my fault if you cant pull.

Edited by Metapod

I used to own a club on Silom, in our hay day MUSIC quality music was our number one priority. After 7+yrs buying all the music for 3 floors I had to step away (this was when Internet was at a snails pace), I came back to the club to get quality back. My first horrifying night was listening to our DJ (not my hire) playing House music at 132bpm, that in aerobic speed, or as I say very CHEMICAL. Our bars sold drinks,at that moment our clientele would buy a beer and hold onto it for an hour (beer costs were less than most clubs). Then I cleaned up another floor we started to get our our old quality people back. I am into the MUSIC, crazy about music. What I did not see (incredibly STUPID) was I was killing someone(s) drug business, I estimated i cost these leaches about B90,000-120,000/month in sales. All I cared about was having the BEST soulful House in Bangkok and making sure we sold as many drinks as possible.

The 3rd month I was cleaning up, I was set-up in a ridiculous, situation where a "working girl" made an image of infidelity right in front of one of the bar camera's with me, I owned the place and did not know where the cameras were. I was married more then 15yrs, I am no monger type. What idiot would bring a girl to the club he owned with his wife.....I do not have Dimensa.

Cutting to the chase, divorced. My ex-wife's right hand guy now runs the club across the Soi, would he have something to do with it??

Sorry to say drugs control the clubbing scene for the most part. So the music has to suite the drug scene, money is power not to mention 99.9% of local DJ's don't know or care about learning the music, they are all circulating the same pirated grade B/C music amongst them selves.

I the end if you are clubbing to get laid, music is the back drop so no one has to hear the rubbish banter going on, consider the music as a filter from the BS men and women spout.

Shame music lost after all that the reason club music started.

Sad story Deep Soul.. I too think that the music should be the priority and also agree that too many of the local DJs (and some of the international ones who come as guests) play sh1t mixes that only show how adept they [think] they are at mixing. As far as catering for the druggies is concerned, I think it is something most Club owners have to accept and live with. It is here (everywhere) to stay. You had two or three floors in your club - easy to say in hindsight but maybe you should have allowed one bar/floor to cater for that market.

RCA has Slim and if you go there around 1am, just look at the eyes of most of the punters and tell me they are not all as high as kites, but if you look at their tables most still have a bottle & mixers on the go - so the venue still makes money from them.