Quality & softer mattress topper for hard mattress?

Pleas

Hi everyone. I recently furnished a small bungalow, and cheaped out on the new mattress. Big mistake! It's WAY too firm. Where can I buy a quality foam "topper" that will make sleep more obtainable? It's a queen size mattress. Thanks, indeed!

also try the bedding, sheet and towel shop in Chiang Moi Rd. It's on a corner, wide open, hard to miss. About 150 metres down from the moat.

I bought a mattress softener there 18 months ago, about 25mm thick. It's good.

• Like 1

People baulk at the place, but I've picked up a couple of good toppers from HomePro. Bought a queen size, reduced 50%, which turned a firm mattress into an absolute dream.

There is that place on Chiang Moi, but a hassle to get to, park etc, and no aircon.

• Like 1

People baulk at the place, but I've picked up a couple of good toppers from HomePro. Bought a queen size, reduced 50%, which turned a firm mattress into an absolute dream.

There is that place on Chiang Moi, but a hassle to get to, park etc, and no aircon.

I'll definitely check this out. Thanks!

Her site is back up. The 7.5cm thick topper will turn any hard mattress into something very comfy.....

www.latexinnovations.com

Over-rated... I bought a 7.5cm topper and it hasn't made any difference with regards to my back pains...

Her site is back up. The 7.5cm thick topper will turn any hard mattress into something very comfy.....

www.latexinnovations.com

Over-rated... I bought a 7.5cm topper and it hasn't made any difference with regards to my back pains...

I really like mine (7.5 cm). It may not fix back pains but it does deliver as advertised.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

But these toppers cost more than a new mattress, which is surely a better bet?

.( I realise you can spend a fortune on mattresses if so inclined).

I think I paid about 12k for a kingsize earlier this year which gives me perfect sleep, but I was thinking of a cheap topper to go on a very hard thin Thai mattress elsewhere. I am now thinking of getting a new mattress instead, having seen the prices at Latexinnovations..

www.latexinnovations.com

Well, sorry to hear that. But a 7.5cm topper is pretty lush, and it WILL turn a hard mattress into something comfy. Everyone has different aches and pains, and it appears that yours are more serious. Sorry to hear that it has not brought you relief in that regards, but hope it has improved the quality of your sleep, which is the goal.

LOL yep about time for a new topper recommendation or question about toppers by a NEW member

what a surprise LOL

Some people think we are a dumb as rocks

I fear I must be 'as dumb as rocks' because I just dont understand your comment-if you think I am trolling you are barking up the wrong tree.

Why is it hard for you to understand that someone wants to make the hard as rocks thai mattresses more comfortable? Maybe you have never tried to sleep on them...

Edited by beau thai
  • Like 1

Dont really understand the last 3 posts....or what they are implying. But, the toppers that Latex Innovations sells are way way cheaper than what Patex or the equivalent sells. Anyone that has done any research on the cost of natural latex products will discover this. But Mam has held her prices steady even as the factory has increased the costs three times already. And she also absorbs almost half of the shippings costs. You will not find the same quality of natural latex toppers for cheaper. Period.

Not sure what is hard to understand!

My point is that rather than pay 11k for a latex topper to improve a very hard mattress, it is preferable to spend that 11k on a new mattress instead.

Geddit now?

I gave a 'rock hard' king size Thai mattress. I have more or less got used to it but recently my wife and I stayed in an hotel in Bangkok that had the best mattress I think I have ever slept on. I now have someone in the household agitating for a new mattress "just like the one' in Bangkok. My query is will a latex topper fit under my already tight fitting fitted sheets?

www.latexinnovations.com

What's the problem with your back? Mattresses can help support limbs, but they can't cure you.

I had to buy a new, deeper-pocket bottom sheet. Just measure your mattress, add 7.5 cm to it and see what you think. The older sheet would sort of fit over the corners - until I got in bed.

Still, I agree it's better to have a good topper and any old mattress than to spend the big baht on a high end mattress.

• 2 weeks later...

I just love forums. Sort of.

I see lots of advice on what to buy and where to buy it but nothing about price. Only, "I got mine at discount" or "it's a lot" or..............

How about being specific. Where did you buy it and at what price? That offers us new folks the opportunity to either run over to one of the recommended locations and pick one up, or, not.

With regards to type of material, memory foam, also knows as "G pad", is the only foam that takes out all of the negatives of other foams. I don't know if it's available here but if it is, I would like to know where.

Thanks for reading..

Glad

We had a very hard mattress and 2 days ago we went out and brought a new king size slumberland mattress for 15k from B@B. Its firm but soft....if that makes sense. You dont sink into it but the top pad/cover is brilliant. Very easy on the back and the missus loves it.....plus it doesnt squeek like the old one (Oopps too much information!)

• 7 months later...

I had the same problem with my last mattress. I have moved here very recently and previously lived in the US. I got a topper from http://www.urbanmattress.com/ as they offer sleep accessories as well and my back pain disappeared. The foam topper however was the suitable size for a single bed. Not sure if they deliver here, or even if they do it might be quite expensive but i advice having a look to see if you can get any other solution ideas. Alternatively, buy a new mattress from a local store, try it on the store and talk to the sales person explaining your preferences. Even if the price looks higher at first, it is not that bad in the long run, at least you can get something of quality instead of trying to fix something uncomfortable and never getting positive results