Confused!

mooris7

Well, I like the indirect approach. Ask around, nonchalantly.

A divorced colleague invited me to a motorcycle ride. She then treated me to Swensen's.

But then, folks can be just friends even if they happen to have different sexes...

I love you doesn't have the same meaning. Even some M6 boys say that sometimes to me giggle.gif

The longer I'm here, the less I understand the culture. Got a weekend job with the city.

Yesterday, i was told to expect 50 adults. Instead, kids of the age of 7 - 13 turned up!!

The day i met my future wife and asked her a question at the school we both worked at she stuck her finger deep into my ear canal, pulled out a big blob of earwax and proceeded to suck on her finger like a babe to its mothers breast. I knew then that it was true love...in other words mate, your in like Flynn, aske her out already!

You must have honey in your ear! tongue.png

• Like 1

Earwax of the gods has been mentioned on a few occasions, by willing pliable wenches, eager to partake in my muddled up, confused sex life. Its not much of a lubricant, it dont smell the best...but mother nature threw it in for good measure when she was handing out excretions. I dont claim to know why my farts smell nice sometimes, while others send me to the trenches ( and yes, I mean world war one..mustard gas and all)...but I digress. We have more important issues to take care of. For instance:

Should I get all hot under the collar if my teaching assistant touches my leg?

Kristys reply is pretty much spot on.

Her touching your leg doesn't necessarily mean anything. You'll have lots of people in Thailand who will touch your leg or arm, for two reasons.

1/ they are just kinda touches feely people. Men as well sometimes, it can make you feel pretty weird sometimes.

2/ there is a Thai or maybe Isaan thing whereby they kinda say/feel that someone is "soo beautiful you want to touch" or something like that. Old ladies will do it more than young ones though.

And as Kristy says, be careful of gossip. As by Thai countryside style, if you have sex you're pretty much married. And a lot of the people in the cities were raised in the countryside. People like to connect the dots and gossip about it. As a result, Thai people usually hide the start of their relationship. Therefore if you give the gossip mongers even a small sign of something, they will read volumes into it.

Which wouldn't be too bad if it was true and you were serious and got married. But if it there was nothing in it, and then they think you're getting friendly with someone else, they might think you're "shou shu" or a bit of a playboy (which might ruin your chances with anyone you did actually fancy and in general be frowned upon).

Because of the above, it's unlikely any "good Thai girl", would be that forward while at work. And most female teachers are "good girls", as its an expectation of teachers to uphold Thai moral values.

If you're interested in anyone at your school, be very circumspect about it until you are ready to get serious.

All of the above are things I never understood when I first came to Thailand, not until I met my gf and she explained how it all works. Which then kinda connected the dots for me as to why some people had confused the hell out of me. It really made me look back at the first school I taught at, and think about how much of an idiot I was while teaching there lol.

I agree that Kirsty's reply is pretty much spot-on

However, as per the emboldened, it actually backfired on me. A trainee teacher in her last year at the local university took a shine to me and I did my best to behave while still accepting her invitations to go out of the school for lunch (she was cute and good company).

After a while the lunches stopped . . . . no biggie, everyone's quite busy and the trainee girls were treated like slaves by the all the middle aged women in the department. I found out shortly before leaving the school that all the middle aged female teachers in the department were convinced that I was gay - to the point that an exchange student from a western country was forbidden by his host mother (a friend of one of the aforesaid women teachers) to fraternise with me after school!

If only I'd known . . . I could've gotten away with murder. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 1

I asked her to come over and confirm a students name because I was giving an oral test. As she was talking with me she put her hand on my leg.

Seems that she likes "oral tests" a lot.-w00t.gif

The day i met my future wife and asked her a question at the school we both worked at she stuck her finger deep into my ear canal, pulled out a big blob of earwax and proceeded to suck on her finger like a babe to its mothers breast. I knew then that it was true love...in other words mate, your in like Flynn, aske her out already!

You must have honey in your ear! tongue.png

Or Somtham....-biggrin.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today the teacher in question had to leave her K1 class and I watched the students for her until she came back. Her thank you was a pat to my bum ha ha. I am not confused anymore but I won't act since it could get ugly at work if it does not work out between us!

Edited by mooris7

I agree with Kirsty about the rumors being killer.

All I have to do is have an innocent chat to one of the office girls and I hear about it from someone completely unrelated within a day - in the meantime the story has morphed into us dating and getting ready to be married clap2.gif

• Like 1

The logistics seems a little odd to me. Your standing in front of the class and she puts her hand on your leg?

You're sitting and she comes over and leans over or sits next to you?

Seems a little suspect to me.

That said, the old saying: "Don't sh*t where you eat" comes to mind.

Wimp?   Maybe, but a very smart wimp.  

Best of luck.  

There are many fish in the sea.....(perhaps too many?)....the paradox of choice.

"...the 2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app (Galaxy Note 2).

Today the teacher in question had to leave her K1 class and I watched the students for her until she came back. Her thank you was a pat to my bum ha ha. I am not confused anymore but I won't act since it could get ugly at work if it does not work out between us!

Just take her home and throw one into her. After that, report back here with the details so the rest of us can have a good read.

You have to be careful when fiddling around with the teachers at the school you teach. I ended up marrying my wife (what a coincidence) but if you just want a bit of slap and tickle your best off looking elsewhere. Your life can be made VERY difficult if you piss the wrong woman off at a place you work at

The original queries seem to have been answered, and the OP now much more aware of how things are.

Thus as the most recent comments are just jokes, I'm going to close this thread

If the OP would like to have this thread reopened, then please pm me (or simply create a new topic) :)