12 tons of Ecstasy precursor meant for export to Netherlands seized: Thailand

webfact

12 tons of Ecstasy precursor meant for export to Netherlands seized

BANGKOK, 2 August 2013 (NNT) – Officials from the Office of the Narcotics Control Board on Thursday seized 12 tons of precursor material for Ecstasy pills meant for exportation to the Netherlands.

671 barrels of safrole were confiscated by narcotics suppression police, who discovered that a smuggling ring was readying the phenylpropene for shipping to Rotterdam in the Netherlands.

The 12 tons of oil, which can be processed into about 86 million Ecstasy pills worth 80 billion baht, was contained in vegetable oil containers for disguise.

Narcotics suppression police made another arrest on Thursday, seizing 154 sticks of heroin weighing about 54 kilograms. The drugs were found in 4 cars in Chiang Mai.

The drivers of the vehicles were hill tribe men who were preparing to transport the drugs to customers in Greater Bangkok.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-08-02 footer_n.gif

related topic:

Drug suspect's wife flees with cash: Bangkok police

12 tonnes!! Wow. Is that real tonnes/litres or PTT speak?

Is this linked to the drug dealer who was shot dead with his kid in the car? The Dutch police were involved in that as well weren't they?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Is this linked to the drug dealer who was shot dead with his kid in the car? The Dutch police were involved in that as well weren't they?

Looks like it, the volume of goods going into Rotterdam is unbelievable. I don't know what the customs check figure for containers is in Rotterdam, but's only about 8% in the UK.

The raw cost / return ratio is so good getting some stuff intercepted is not a problem.

Looks like it, the volume of goods going into Rotterdam is unbelievable. I don't know what the customs check figure for containers is in Rotterdam, but's only about 8% in the UK.

The raw cost / return ratio is so good getting some stuff intercepted is not a problem.

You sound like a real entrepreneur coffee1.gif

x30211691-01_big.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sDZfP2

That Dutch guy in the pic looks completely mashed.

He's most probably thinking " Shit why'd I hit that traditonal Dutch bong before coming here today? And who are all these small dark-skinned people around me? And what are all these coloured barrels and scales for? Am I in some sort of gameshow? Get me out of here I'm getting paranoia!"

• Like 2

I have read somewhere that it's possible to extract quite a fair amount of safrole oil from the opium plants. I believe it was from the stems of the plants.

Sorry nothing to do with Opium seems like Cambodia maybe a big source of this oil which is used also for fragrances and perfumes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safrole

They would have destroyed a lot trees/forest to find the tree roots that make Safrole oil.

I have read somewhere that it's possible to extract quite a fair amount of safrole oil from the opium plants. I believe it was from the stems of the plants.

Sorry nothing to do with Opium seems like Cambodia maybe a big source of this oil which is used also for fragrances and perfumes.

I'm glad it was all in barrels, I was trying to do the maths in my head (when I read the headline) of how many Iranian males <deleted> they would need to transport 12 tonnes of whatever the stuff is.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yep, comes from Cambo, sasafras roots, used to be a majer ihgredient of "root beer" but was found to be a carcinogen. Such a waste of endangered trees, they should just let em make the ya E so not to waste the oil.

If this material was being exported, from Thailand to Netherlands, what is the origin of the chemicals? Was it manufactured in Thailand? If not was imported? Is so, from where?coffee1.gif

The starting material can be certain aromatic herbs and spices that are high in safrol ... like Nutmeg, Mace, Sassafras and others. Given the location, I'd guess the confiscated material was derived from Nutmeg and/or Mace.

Safrol is a pleasantly aromatic material that's used in making perfumes and as a flavoring in foods ... esp. soda pops. It's what gives root beer it's characteristic aroma and flavor.

Edited by HerbalEd

If this material was being exported, from Thailand to Netherlands, what is the origin of the chemicals? Was it manufactured in Thailand? If not was imported? Is so, from where?coffee1.gif

The starting material can be certain aromatic herbs and spices like Nutmeg, Mace, Sassafras

I heard that it was suffering.....

• Like 1

Ohwell there goes the real stuff then ,and instead of the real stuff (XTC)hitting the streets,

the party goers will be fed fifty -fifties instead.

50% herion and 50% speed (amphetamine),and sometimes even worse crap.

People will take drugs regardless of there war on drugs( people).

Oh and lets see what will happen to these barrels of chems.

Sometime later the contents will be swaped with cooking oil while the real stuff gets resold.

I can sense another pink bentley on the horizon...

The starting material can be certain aromatic herbs and spices like Nutmeg, Mace, Sassafras

Sorry, too obtuse for me. I don't get it.

.......or was that succotash?

Are you confusing succotash with gumbo? Sassafras leaf is used to flavor and thicken gumbos, but I've never experienced it in succotash ... and I've eaten many gallons. Perhaps they use sassafras leaf to make succotash in Cajun country, but that's not the case in VA and NC where I was born and raised.

Meanwhile it's sassafras root bark that's used to distill safrol. The other parts of the plant contain too little safrol to make it worthwhile.

Are you confusing succotash with gumbo? Sassafras leaf is used to flavor and thicken gumbos, but I've never experienced it in succotash ... and I've eaten many gallons. Perhaps they use sassafras leaf to make succotash in Cajun country, but that's not the case in VA and NC where I was born and raised.

Meanwhile it's sassafras root bark that's used to distill safrol. The other parts of the plant contain too little safrol to make it worthwhile.

I can only suggest that you google "suffering sassafras" or "suffering succotash".

omg WE HAVE THE DUTCH MAFIA NOW,AS WELL AS THE RUSSIAN MAFIA,

Lets all get out of Thailand,far too dangerous

You ever seen the film Layer Cake? Great stuff

spamsign.gif what happened to the Troll emoticon......please bring it back because, this is definately one clap2.gif