Kawasaki Ninja 300

nikster

New Kawasaki Ninja 300

This will replace the Ninja 250.

182,XXX Baht AFAIK. All have ABS.

These models spotted in the wild at Kawasaki Chiang Mai. Good looking bikes, stickered to death...

post-20814-0-65376200-1375439483_thumb.j

post-20814-0-90794400-1375439442_thumb.j

post-20814-0-94507000-1375439496_thumb.j

Edited by nikster

The price is getting close to a CBR500 but it's a different bike, it's still cheaper, and it certainly looks way better.

Power is in-between a CBR250 and a CBR500, and price is, too.

Competition. It's a good thing wink.png

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

Ninja quality is not there compared to the Honda. On a long haul, the Honda can't be beat. I agree, the Ninja is lighter, but the Honda is a much better riding bike.

That must be why we see all the posts about rattling fairings, various parts wearing fast etc...Oh wait those posts are about Hondas

have not seen any quality control posts about a Ninja...... have you?

Honda Japan, Honda USA etc yes fit & finish excellent. Here ? not so much

Edited by mania

I love it when people talk about the competition between Honda and Kawasaki, not knowing that most Kawasaki motorcycles are loaded with parts bought from a Honda company. Think Keihin fuel injection, suspension, wheels, brakes and much more.

In the motorcycle industry Honda makes the most profit from supplying other motorcycle manufacturers. Making own motorcycles seems less profitable....

^^.....that's not really breaking news or entirely accurate - the industry is full of 'group companies' and the rest.

They all produce/trade/develop various parts together. Look at the KLX400/DRZ400 for example.

I don't really see your point? Are you trying to say there is no real competition?

Motorcycles are like a hobby company for Kawasaki anyway.

Edited by denkiblue555
  • Like 1

Ninja quality is not there compared to the Honda. On a long haul, the Honda can't be beat. I agree, the Ninja is lighter, but the Honda is a much better riding bike.

Rediculous.....the n250 seems to easily compare to the cbr250. The cbr500 already seems to have valve issues....fyi i own a cbr600rr and it is bullet proof.

We are talking about the Ninja 300 and the Honda CBr 500r. They are totally different bikes regardless who makes the parts. I like sport bikes, and although the Ninja has slightly less power, I would choose it over the CBR by a mile. And that power difference can be largely eliminated with a few simple mods.

I had an experience the other day against a CBR500

Mind you I am on a 2013 ninja 250 not 300

Also I have no performance mods at this time as I took my devil pipe off.

All I have is tires, suspension & air filter upgrades.

I am at a stop light about to turn onto a long freeway section.

A young Thai on a CBR500 pulls right in front of me.

Flips up his visor & looks at me in his mirror while revving his engine

obviously indicating he wants to have fun.

I smile & think could be fun as we are in the front & the highway is clear.

I don't indicate anything & have a dark shield. So he does not see me smile.

He jumps before the light goes green & gains 4 bike lengths on me immediately.

I redline 1st,2nd,3rd for each shift I am now right on his fender.

I figure he is flat out because his body language. Meaning he is flat on his tank

& his wrist in the WFO position

attachicon.gifwfo.jpg

As I wind up 4th we are in the 140's kph & I am still right on him not a problem & stuck to his

fender. I shift to 5th pop out of the draft go by now 4+ bike lengths ahead.

Wind up 5th to 153-ish kph click 6th & think ok now he will have me on top end. But I look back & have a good gap like 6 bike lengths

As I am winding up 6th I look in my mirrors & see he then takes an exit ramp.

So I have no idea & imagine if he did not take the exit he would/should eventually have passed me.

As I hear they do 170 & without the pipe I cannot. Or if I can it will take too long tongue.png

But I will say about that 500 I was not impressed. Of course could be rider but as I said

I think I can read body language & he sure looked like he was trying to squeeze everything out of it.

But I would have expected him to gap me thru all gears given the claimed hp & torque. But not so & it

was me who closed in on him in the early gears so I dont get it at all. I expected more from double the cc

+ claimed hp & torque.

Of course this is one instance & not indicative of all. but I thought it was interesting & wondered if the

guy on the 500 thought so too wink.png

ah memories of the good ol' two stroke days in thailand years ago, youd get into a race at every single stoplight ...lol...

I dont think the other guy knew how to ride. Probably was shifting way to soon.

We are talking about the Ninja 300 and the Honda CBr 500r. They are totally different bikes regardless who makes the parts. I like sport bikes, and although the Ninja has slightly less power, I would choose it over the CBR by a mile. And that power difference can be largely eliminated with a few simple mods.

I had an experience the other day against a CBR500

Mind you I am on a 2013 ninja 250 not 300

All I have is tires, suspension & air filter upgrades.

I had the exact same thing happen to me the other day.

I am on a CB500F and the Thai guy was on a Monster 795.

I won the drag, he couldn't keep up with me and I had my girlfriend on the back.

It is all about skill and knowing your bike.

I had the exact same thing happen to me the other day.

I am on a CB500F and the Thai guy was on a Monster 795.

I won the drag, he couldn't keep up with me and I had my girlfriend on the back.

It is all about skill and knowing your bike.

May I ask what is the top speed you have seen on your 500?

I mean soon after clicking into 6th gear

Just wondering

Honda quality.... I would have to be made a very good offer to buy another Thai made Honda motorcycle.

I think it depends on the model. Clearly the 250 had issues, there were some staunch defenders of the bike on this forum - you might know some of them very well :) but the 500 seems ok so far. Boring and heavy for sure, but not as bad as far as the 250 in terms of quality. So far anyway.

why did you took of the pipe?

You know if I did not sell it so quick I would probably put it back on now

well maybe smile.png

But the reason was it was just too obnoxiously loud.

I felt self conscious hammering the bike in the nice mountain roads near here.

But the boost to the mids & the quickness of RPM acceleration was very very good.

Of course although I knew it when the pipe was on after going back to stock I really noticed it.

I am shopping another now & this time will do it more completely by shunting the O2 sensor & closing off the

clean air system. That will at least help with the backfiring on deceleration

Although ultimately I know it needs a remap of the FI Controller/ECU due to the increased flow.

@KRS1 - is this about the good 2-stroke times? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQ9DfeK7-I

back in the days, youd come home and your nostrils would be full of black residue from two stroke smoke in the air !

if you talk to some older thai guys around 40-50, they get a spark in their eyes when you bring up the subject of an NSR, KRR or TZM smile.png

There use to be a slide exhaust, the faster youd go, an inner sleeve would slide backwards covering some holes, reducing back pressure on top end and youd accelerate like a scalded cat.

yes, ive been here too long...thumbsup.gif

@KRS1 - is this about the good 2-stroke times? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQ9DfeK7-I

back in the days, youd come home and your nostrils would be full of black residue from two stroke smoke in the air !

if you talk to some older thai guys around 40-50, they get a spark in their eyes when you bring up the subject of an NSR, KRR or TZM smile.png

There use to be a slide exhaust, the faster youd go, an inner sleeve would slide backwards covering some holes, reducing back pressure on top end and youd accelerate like a scalded cat.

yes, ive been here too long...thumbsup.gif

A bit off topic,( but most 150 cc 2 strokes are Ninja beaters)

Scary video, no helmet, t-shirt, flip flops.... that hurts.

At a recent visit at an "official" dragrace event luckely past by without incidents.

The racers had to wear a helmet , but for the rest: all dressed as in this video.

Real crazy daredevils those guys.

I've almost made up my mind about getting the new 300 in Green color. GF doesn't know it yet so I'll keep it this way. :)

How long can it take (min to max) from the time I walk in with the cash until I drive out on a bike?

I've almost made up my mind about getting the new 300 in Green color. GF doesn't know it yet so I'll keep it this way. smile.png

How long can it take (min to max) from the time I walk in with the cash until I drive out on a bike?

Time just depends on the queue for the store your at.

Back in December it took only 10 days to get my 2013 in CM

But macknife I think in BK took about a month maybe more?

The good thing is cash is cash so no waiting for financing.

But both mac ( I think ) & I were cash buyers

Just depends on the waiting list but I know they are delivering already

Looking forward to what you think of it wink.png

Edited by mania

I've almost made up my mind about getting the new 300 in Green color. GF doesn't know it yet so I'll keep it this way. smile.png

You'll have to ask at the shop. The one in Chiang Mai looked free for the taking, to be honest. If there is no queue my theory would be that first of all Kawasaki surprised everyone with releasing this bike here now - the Z800 was supposed to come first - so there was no built up demand. And secondly they've been building the 300 in Thailand for a while now so any world wide supply constraints should be gone by now.

You'll have to ask at the shop. The one in Chiang Mai looked free for the taking, to be honest. If there is no queue my theory would be that first of all Kawasaki surprised everyone with releasing this bike here now - the Z800 was supposed to come first - so there was no built up demand. And secondly they've been building the 300 in Thailand for a while now so any world wide supply constraints should be gone by now.

What you see in CM does not seem available. Nopalat said about a month for CM when I asked

Edit: I just remembered he said a month when I bought mine too.

Then called in 10 days smile.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Ninja 300's are in stock in CNX, now's a good time for some of you ballers to go and try to snipe one and jump the queue .

...and let me test drive it, i promise i'll be gentle (heh)

photo0205.jpg