Photo Of Abhisit Visiting Disaster-Struck Koh Samet Backfires

Lite Beer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like Abhisit, but this was a very stupid way to tour the disaster area. He should have been there in jeans and work shirt, and wading through the mess. And it esp. looks very bad having his underlings down in the sand and water pushing him around so he does't muss himself up. A very damaging photo indeed.

It's only "damaging" and "very stupid" to those that are completely unfamiliar with the standard method on Koh Samet regarding how passengers arriving on speed boats are brought ashore. Obviously, that unfamiliarity extends to the author of the article. Unless, he is familiar in which case he is just knowingly putting out a false impression. If that's the situation, he's done a very good job judging by the negative remarks he's elicited from unaware posters.

Those aren't his underlings in the sand, they are the normal guys there doing their normal task of bringing speedboat passengers ashore. They do the same every day, oil spill or not.

That being said ... at least he was there. Yinluck should definitely have been there

You got that part right.

Edited by zirc
  • Like 1

In his defence the waves yesterday were very very choppy. I also came on the speed boat and it was very bumpy. This is the normal way to land on the beach by the speed boat when the waves a big because you cannot bring the boat all the way to the shore without damaging it.

Thanks for making the factual post, but unfortunately it's been repeatedly ignored by those easily swayed by misinformation.

There is no place for the usual negative Triped out nonsense on this forum or for the ex leader in Thailand's politics.

The Thai people have given a clear mandate.

What drunken condo bound falungs think is totally irrelevant, if not some what amusing.

It appears your idea of a clear mandate, and my idea are quite different.

But if it makes you feel better to feel that way, be my guest.

I actually like Abhisit, but this was a very stupid way to tour the disaster area. He should have been there in jeans and work shirt, and wading through the mess. And it esp. looks very bad having his underlings down in the sand and water pushing him around so he does't muss himself up. A very damaging photo indeed.

It's only "damaging" and "very stupid" to those that are completely unfamiliar with the standard method on Koh Samet regarding how passengers arriving on speed boats are brought ashore. Obviously, that unfamiliarity extends to the author of the article. Unless, he is familiar in which case he is just knowingly putting out a false impression. If that's the situation, he's done a very good job judging by the negative remarks he's elicited from unaware posters.

Those aren't his underlings in the sand, they are the normal guys there doing their normal task of bringing speedboat passengers ashore. They do the same every day, oil spill or not.

That being said ... at least he was there. Yinluck should definitely have been there

You got that part right.

Maybe time to post a picture of tourists arriving on Koh Samet and put that Abhisit picture in the right perspective.

Surely it is the intellect and not the institution which separates the Prime Minister and Abhisit.

• Louis Vuitton handbag range ... or was it shoes ... or was it she was getting her hair done .
  • shopaholic yingluck
  • The current corn flakes packet educated leader
There is no place for the usual negative Triped out nonsense on this forum or for the ex leader in Thailand's politics.

What drunken condo bound falungs think is totally irrelevant, if not some what amusing.

I bet my house and belongings put yours in the shadows, Motty. :)

Yeh, that's what really counts during political debate; the size of your house or your bank account.

You know you've been in Thailand too long when you condemn the PM for shopping and wearing Burberry wellies yet boast about your personal possessions on an anonymous Internet forum in some ridiculous attempt to somehow prove you are more politically astute than another poster.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Surely it is the intellect and not the institution which separates the Prime Minister and Abhisit.

• Louis Vuitton handbag range ... or was it shoes ... or was it she was getting her hair done .
  • shopaholic yingluck
  • The current corn flakes packet educated leader

I bet my house and belongings put yours in the shadows, Motty. :)
Yeh, that's what really counts during political debate; the size of your house or your bank account.

You know you've been in Thailand too long when you condemn the PM for shopping and wearing Burberry wellies yet boast about your personal possessions on an anonymous Internet forum in some ridiculous attempt to somehow prove you are more politically astute than another poster.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Easy there cowboy. :). This was in response to the 'drunk falung in condo' comment. Sorry your reading comprehension did not catch it or that you have difficulty with some humor. Though I do have a nice big house and many belongings here, I did not write it to brag. Please don't get too upset, you may fall off your barstool.
  • Like 2

Don't lecture me on recent US history.There are a great many who question Obama's mandate not least the GOP majority in the US Senate.The rest of your post is just bar talk drivel and unworthy of a response.

If that's the case I am surprised you get any responses to the garbage you spew out !

And I am beginning to think that some of the redshirt/PTP/Thaksin supporting loons who post comments on this site are actually the same person using different monikers.

Surely there are not that many fruit loops in the country ! whistling.gif

New to this but do people really lie here.

How did he relate that to Abhist visiting a disaster area. That is a common thing for leaders of countries to do. With the exception of Thailand I guess.

I have no idea about what quote was saying. But I do know that the GOP is a minority in the Senate. It is fairly obvious to all but a red shirt mentality that the poster has absolutely no clue of what they are talking about.

The elite Eton educated former leader at least showed up. The current corn flakes packet educated leader is far too busy to do the same.

So you want her to have a photo op like Abhisit?

The key ministers have been there and the tourism minister is there now.

What's the point of having ministers if they are not allowed to do their jobs?

Good point.clap2.gif

The down side to it is you should have ministers that are capable of doing their job.sad.png

Can't say as I can recall you knocking Yingluck for a Photo op.coffee1.gif

You got that part right.

Maybe time to post a picture of tourists arriving on Koh Samet and put that Abhisit picture in the right perspective.

This is how most of us normal folks do it. Photo taken on trip there 2 months back....

AAED2F12AEC14FDB888737804F290DFE.jpg

I really dont care, if he or she or they go to Samet or shopping...

Just IF they go to Samet...try not to act like d1cks and get wet or even dirty instead of being carried onto the island by slaves!

• Like 1

Best mandate money can buy.

Next...

Abhisit showed up, and was treated well locally, for his efforts.

Yingluck couldn't be arsed to show up. Says it all right there.

Uncle Chewy came and got his hands dirty,

and often fights corruption where he sees it too.

He may have started as a less than stellar player,

but he has proved a man can change his act over time.

And he saw the value in bringing this catastrophe to more eyes than the government chose to.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

If you Abhisit knockers really want to see a leader of this country making an ass of themselves in public on the international stage have a look at :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/657572-wait-till-we-get-home/

Once you have had a good look ask yourself "Will she ever be invited back"

Answer : Not if MRS O has any say in it.

Once you have done that look back at Chalerm's drunken antics when he was deputy PM, as reported in the international media.

Then come back and compare it to Abhisit arriving on Koh Samet by the normal means.

• Like 1

If you Abhisit knockers really want to see a leader of this country making an ass of themselves in public on the international stage have a look at :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/657572-wait-till-we-get-home/

Once you have had a good look ask yourself "Will she ever be invited back"

Answer : Not if MRS O has any say in it.

Once you have done that look back at Chalerm's drunken antics when he was deputy PM, as reported in the international media.

Then come back and compare it to Abhisit arriving on Koh Samet by the normal means.

Here we go again.Abhisit makes an idiot of himself albeit mildly and the agitated usual suspects try and divert attention.Look we know all politicians are somewhat ridiculous but this is a thread about Abhisit.

i fail to see how having a leader educated on the world stage should be an issue.

at one end of the scale you have the clan of a self-interested megalomaniac billionaire with purchased and 'honourary' degrees at the other you have a well educated individual with international credibility .

even the americans were not stupid enough to elect a billionaire in ross perot.

i personally think nothing would make abshit look more stupid than showing up in jeans or god forbid a camel trophy safari suit.

he should not be expected to muck in, or even to pretend to do so. that is not his role in this.

Edited by GirlDrinkDrunk

You got that part right.

This is how most of us normal folks do it. Photo taken on trip there 2 months back....

AAED2F12AEC14FDB888737804F290DFE.jpg

been to samet upwards of 50 times, never been there

xAAED2F12AEC14FDB888737804F290DFE.jpg.pa

Is this at the same beach as the oil spill or is the photo at another beach on the other side of the island.

If it is on the same beach it will be in a terrible mess right now with all the oil.

If not it is just a red, red herring in an attempt to divert from the fact that Abhisit arrived by the normal means.

You might want to consider posting about the topic and posting in a civil manner. I have deleted posts and one poster is now enjoying a short holiday.

This thread is quite massively off-topic, but it will not be allowed to degenerate into a flame-fest.

A word to the wise is sufficient. Posts about this topic are most welcomed. Others are not.

Abhisit has a hard job keeping people happy. When he was in the Maldives during Yingluck's flood he was accused of not being on scene to help. Showing he learned from the criticism and visiting the scene of the latest disaster he is accused of aloofness and elitism. His advisers must be tearing their hair out!

I recall a photo of those floods. Mark was wading thigh deep through the water.

The elite Eton educated former leader at least showed up. The current corn flakes packet educated leader is far too busy to do the same.

So you want her to have a photo op like Abhisit?

The key ministers have been there and the tourism minister is there now.

What's the point of having ministers if they are not allowed to do their jobs?

Good point.clap2.gif

The down side to it is you should have ministers that are capable of doing their job.sad.png

Can't say as I can recall you knocking Yingluck for a Photo op.coffee1.gif

Apparently, there hasn't been any negative response from the locals in response to the presence of the various ministers.

Let's be honest ok? The major lifting as it were, is done by the professional bureaucrats, many of whom date back to the previous Abhisit, military junta and Thaksin administrations. The PM will most likely show up when the beaches are cleaned up and the oil spill visibly removed. It will be a PR photo op gesture. The intent will be to take credit for the outcome. This is how politics works. For once, her PR advisers gave her the right advice.

Where the criticism should be levelled at both Abhisit and the PM is why neither has called for an inquiry. PTT is getting off very lightly. Anywhere else, and the chairman and key executives would be hauled before a parliamentary committee and asked to explain what happened.

• Like 1