Work Permit Medical . Very Happy. Bkk Hospital

N47HAN

I don't see the problem with this.

If a hospital offers a better service than its competitors, but inflates their prices to the point that a patient can't justify paying what that hospital wants for this service, then an individual would most likely chose to go else where.

However, is someone else (employer or insurance company) is paying, you can chose to go anywhere you want, so take the better service, along with the rip off price, because you are not paying for any of it.

But, it seems there is a fine line between actually trying to cure people & making money. Some of the big private hospitals sometimes appear more interested in the latter. 2nd opinions can be well worth it.

• Like 1

In years past for this I used local clinics where the doctor basically checked that I had a pulse, did the document charged me 100thb.

Needed to do recently and while doing sales calls in Patong decided on Wattana clinic on the aptly named, Soi Wattana.

They did take blood this time, twenty minutes later sat with the doctor for one minute, he signed the document said I was good to go, 500thb.

I can't believe this argument. If you had the choice of going to Vachira and paying b*gger all but having all the inconveniences that Vachira has, or going to Bangkok Phuket and having your insurance company pay ten times the cost, I'm sure 99% of people would go to Bangkok Phuket.

Hands up anyone who wouldn't?

And that is not hypocrisy.

• 1 month later...

I dont think you can go to a clinic anymore for a blood test for work permit. Im pretty sure they will tell you they dont do it and only hospitals will.

I am not pretty but 100% sure you can, did it for my renewal a few months back.

My mate just had his WP health check with blood test issued by Dr. Chusak in Kata kicked back as not acceptable. He has to go to hospital. I had a couple friends have this happen for their dive instructor WP's too. Had to go to hospital. But when I did my last one at Chusaks a little over a year ago it was accepted. About a year ago it was getting reported that everyone was supposed to go to the new Phuket Provincial Hospital to get it. Go figure.

I dont think you can go to a clinic anymore for a blood test for work permit. Im pretty sure they will tell you they dont do it and only hospitals will.

I am not pretty but 100% sure you can, did it for my renewal a few months back.

About a year ago it was getting reported that everyone was supposed to go to the new Phuket Provincial Hospital to get it. Go figure.

that place have dual pricesing..