Thai musician out on bail after stabbing a singing American to death on Krabi

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it seems that our US Ambassador is more focused on fashion and embassy employee morale than what's happening to Americans outside the embassy compound . American tourists and expats need her support also. Seems no real pressure is being put on the Thai govt to eliminate the tourists scams and physical harm to US citizens. It's really too bad, as she seems to be one of the most active Ambassadors we've ever had.

Sometimes it seems that our US Ambassador is more focused on fashion and embassy employee morale than what's happening to Americans outside the embassy compound . American tourists and expats need her support also. Seems no real pressure is being put on the Thai govt to eliminate the tourists scams and physical harm to US citizens. It's really too bad, as she seems to be one of the most active Ambassadors we've ever had.

Homecountries don't even give a damn of their soldiers, serving in Afghanistan or Iraq, when they get killed or crippled.

Why should they care of civilians ? Would be too much of a hassle.

• Like 2

I mean....what happened to just punching the guy out? Don't think most people would have a problem if a few toughs from the bar smacked him around a little and kicked him out of the bar......what is up with the random killing??????

As I said before: they couldn't care less. Cannot think ahead of the possible conseqences. And kill or not kill ? So what ?

Maniacs.

Just look at them and the way they do things in general, i.e. driving...

They couldn't care less wheather they hurt or kill others or even themselves.

Maniacs !

I will step up and make the obvious statement.

If you don't like Thailand you should get out. Go back to your own country.

But that is ridiculous so I won't say it, but someone else will.

• Like 1

cup-O-coffee posted a good link. Change can be brought about with this kind of publicity (Mail Online) because it will embarrass the government and threaten Thailand's image as a tourist destination.

"The 3 men were charged with causing death by physical attack, an offense punishable of up to 15 years in prison."

Thailand: 15 years

China: capital punishment (usually administered within 1-2 years)

I think Thailand especially needs the Chinese form of justice.

I wonder how many Thais have been murdered in America this year or over the last 20 or 50 years ? I would guess that more Americans have been murdered in Thailand in the last two months than Thais in America in 20 or even 50 years. only a guess.... any stats out there on this number ?

I wonder how many Thais have been murdered in America this year or over the last 20 or 50 years ? I would guess that more Americans have been murdered in Thailand in the last two months than Thais in America in 20 or even 50 years. only a guess.... any stats out there on this number ?

Just did a little search on google for "Thais murdered in America" and could not find one. It did however list pages and pages of Americans MURDERED in Thailand. The killing fields for farang...sad but true !

Yet another killer out on bail. Murderers belongs in jail. If a society / legal system not realized this taut,
then these senseless killings will never stop. In this case, it is clear that 27-year old Ratikorn Romin stabbed carter to death.
I do not understand for what reason the court granted bail.
He have to do his time in prison anyway, so the time in remand prison until his court trial starts, will be counted.
But he is now out of jail and can ride free around in society.
Now every musician should be careful to take part in a music jam session.
The risk to sing a wrong song and are stabbed to death for this, still exists due this granted bail.
  • Like 1

.......not murder..........

...not homicide......

...causing death by physical attack........

...........a much less severe and excusable charge allowing bail......only applicable to Thais that murder non-Thais.....

.......not murder..........

...not homicide......

...causing death by physical attack........

...........a much less severe and excusable charge allowing bail......only applicable to Thais that murder non-Thais.....

Good observation that is quite revealing.

Untrue observation and only revealing an anti-Thai bias.

If both of you would take the trouble to even read some of the earlier posts you would learn that Thai killers of Thais get bail even when convicted.

This guy hasn't been convicted and very likely hasn't appeared before a court yet. Police have the power to grant bail before a court appearance.

Having said that, the system (if you can call it that) stinks. We know what the police are like here and there's no telling how much was paid in bail money & how much 'extra'.

What's the chances of this guy ever appearing in court, being convicted and serving time?

Only hope is for the victim's family to keep pressure on though the US Embassy and government. Otherwise will simply fade awa. Thais get away with murdering other Thais so what chance for justice when its a farang.

Not much the US Embassy can do. Many similar cases but the embassy can't do much.

The only hope is the (bad) press