Honda cbr650 2014

Alfredo,

There will be new bikes models or, discount on current models at the motorshow in November 30, it last a week or so.

if you can wait 4 months... and possible another 3-4 months if you get to buy a new model.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-brfsa2-

I will wait, reason,

1st financing in February more easy and

2nd, my body, hands still need more rest after a nasty fall in January,

in which I broke my carpal bones in right hand and a metacarpal bone in my left hand.

All fixed with Kirschner wire. So take care.

Of course I blame another guy for the accident. rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Finally got my baby.. I'm a pig in shit. 3 days heavy riding and she is everything promised and more. A bit more like my R6 I had back home than the Ninja 650, but of course noticeably heavier than the R6. I would say it rides more or less identical to my first big bike, a 1997 Yamaha YZF 600R. Not nearly as much wind protection as the Ninja 650, but adequate. Gearbox smooth as silk, another advantage it has on the Ninja. Only one real complaint, I am seriously annoyed by the swapping of the horn and turn signal controls, plus the horn button is flipped 180 degrees from the traditional configuration. It takes me 3 seconds to find the horn which is 2.5 seconds too late. I really miss the passing trigger too and I am going to have to sort out some kind of guard for the crank case as a now have burns on top of burns on the inside of my right knee from riding in shorts. Dealing with Bigwing Phuket was great. K. Top really went the extra mile. they even extended past the promotional dates the motorshow interest rate and free 1 year 1st class insurance for me. Only have the crap cell phone cam pic.

650.jpg

Congratulations!!

I wonder if that's a thai thing as my wifes scoopy has the stupid horn turn signal reversed too.

Edited by yankee99

Finally got my baby.. I'm a pig in shit. 3 days heavy riding and she is everything promised and more. A bit more like my R6 I had back home than the Ninja 650, but of course noticeably heavier than the R6. I would say it rides more or less identical to my first big bike, a 1997 Yamaha YZF 600R. Not nearly as much wind protection as the Ninja 650, but adequate. Gearbox smooth as silk, another advantage it has on the Ninja. Only one real complaint, I am seriously annoyed by the swapping of the horn and turn signal controls, plus the horn button is flipped 180 degrees from the traditional configuration. It takes me 3 seconds to find the horn which is 2.5 seconds too late. I really miss the passing trigger too and I am going to have to sort out some kind of guard for the crank case as a now have burns on top of burns on the inside of my right knee from riding in shorts. Dealing with Bigwing Phuket was great. K. Top really went the extra mile. they even extended past the promotional dates the motorshow interest rate and free 1 year 1st class insurance for me. Only have the crap cell phone cam pic.

650.jpg

Congratulations!!

I wonder if that's a thai thing as my wifes scoopy has the stupid horn turn signal reversed too.

It's not just Honda it seems. Last time I popped into BigC I walked through the scooter parking area and it seems most of the new ones, regardless of the manufacturer are going to that setup. It seems awful idiotic to me; a turn requiring a signal is something planned in advanced whereas a horn blown in warning should be right at your thumb rather than having to reach for it.

I really miss the passing trigger too

No passing light switch? Oh man. The CBR 150R didn't have one here and the owners really complained of Honda giving it a miss especially since its handy at night on the highways.

There is a passing light switch, but it's not a trigger operated by the index finger like on the Ninja. Instead it's integrated into the high beam switch and operated by the thumb by pushing the opposite direction. My thumb is usually confused trying to figure out where the horn and turn signals are. It will just take some time to undo 15 years of muscle memory. But I really don't like having to break my grip to flash the brights, which I use a lot. I wonder if the Kawasaki switch cluster will work on the Honda.

Congratulations!!

It's not just Honda it seems. Last time I popped into BigC I walked through the scooter parking area and it seems most of the new ones, regardless of the manufacturer are going to that setup. It seems awful idiotic to me; a turn requiring a signal is something planned in advanced whereas a horn blown in warning should be right at your thumb rather than having to reach for it.

I rented a new Honda Click a while back and it was opposite too.

650.jpg

hey nomad, congrats man.

finally got your bike, i am sure you are a happy rider now!

how did you find it? throw your impressions here once you have some more seat time.

I was frustrated with horn swithc but get used of it fast, no worries. you dont use much horn anyway in Thailand.

Also, i found integrated push button 'passing light' switch to the low/high beam light switch much more better and easier to use than index finger switches which makes it herder to pull the clutch while pulling passing light.

this way, you use your thumb which makes it less obstructive, anyway, you will get used of it too.

happy rides again and take it easy at slippery Phuket roads! it is not kawa er!

650.jpg

hey nomad, congrats man.

how did you find it? throw your impressions here once you have some more seat time.

I was frustrated with horn swithc but get used of it fast, no worries. you dont use much horn anyway in Thailand.

Also, i found integrated push button 'passing light' switch to the low/high beam light switch much more better and easier to use than index finger switches which makes it herder to pull the clutch while pulling passing light.

this way, you use your thumb which makes it less obstructive, anyway, you will get used of it too.

Yeah what can I say. It's everything everyone has said and everything I expected. Really a perfect riding position. I'm 6'/183cm and I don't find myself putting any more weight on my wrists other than the weight of my arms unless I am maneuvering through stop and go traffic. I can see how the CB would be much better for city driving. Great power. Dragged a Thai on an ER6n and he kept up but I was still not giving it all.

After further riding, 900km later, I am getting used to the riding position....doesn't seem so top heavy anymore with a bit of crouching. My last sport bike was a Suzuki GSXR750 15 years ago, so that explains the different feel. Living and working in Thailand makes it very difficult to afford a "real" sports bike here.....at least on my salary. As for the heat, I am feeling it from the engine. It blows straight onto my inner thighs and just bakes me. My commute is in rush hour on Chaengwattana.....SUCKS. I am forced to take the wifey's Honda Click to work! Keeping the CBR for weekend fun only.

After further riding, 900km later, I am getting used to the riding position....doesn't seem so top heavy anymore with a bit of crouching. My last sport bike was a Suzuki GSXR750 15 years ago, so that explains the different feel. Living and working in Thailand makes it very difficult to afford a "real" sports bike here.....at least on my salary. As for the heat, I am feeling it from the engine. It blows straight onto my inner thighs and just bakes me. My commute is in rush hour on Chaengwattana.....SUCKS. I am forced to take the wifey's Honda Click to work! Keeping the CBR for weekend fun only.

your knees has to hold the stock plastic frame knee pads on the frame. this way, bike is 50%-50% rear front weight distribution and bikes feel a lot better.

and i commute everyday too and have no problems about hot engine. it is never disturbing and not different from any big bike.

your knees has to hold the stock plastic frame knee pads on the frame. this way, bike is 50%-50% rear front weight distribution and bikes feel a lot better.

and i commute everyday too and have no problems about hot engine. it is never disturbing and not different from any big bike.

I'll give that knee thingy more attention, cheers. I realized that I haven't ridden a big bike since the States, so this is my first here in The Big Mango. I guess I'm not getting used to the extra heat.

650.jpg

hey nomad, congrats man.

Yeah what can I say. It's everything everyone has said and everything I expected. Really a perfect riding position. I'm 6'/183cm and I don't find myself putting any more weight on my wrists other than the weight of my arms unless I am maneuvering through stop and go traffic. I can see how the CB would be much better for city driving. Great power. Dragged a Thai on an ER6n and he kept up but I was still not giving it all.

I scared one on my 500 last week. He only managed to get a few metres ahead before we hit 120ish and traffic. Edited by Wong!

650.jpg

hey nomad, congrats man.

I scared one on my 500 last week. He only managed to get a few metres ahead before we hit 120ish and traffic.

Well it is a CBR F and not an RR after all...giggle.gif

honda cbr650f claimed the first life in Thailand:(

and a foreigner. Hope not someone that we know!

RIP bro:(

Sorry to hear this.

Yes RIP &

Please to all riders keep your speeds

below what you think your skill level supports.

Because many often are surprised when those skills

are truly tested.

Sorry to hear this.

Yes RIP &

are truly tested.

and many think that 650 is not fast too. it is a fast bike man, you need to know what you are doing:(

Sorry to hear this.

Yes RIP &

are truly tested.

and many think that 650 is not fast too. it is a fast bike man, you need to know what you are doing:(

Was he wearing a helmet? Apparently no jacket.

Edited by bramds

Truth is even a Honda Wave is plenty fast enough to kill you if you ride above your skill level & hit a tree ...or worse.

If folks ride below thier limit they have something left for a surprise incident like entering a turn too fast or a crazy truck pulling out.

But as always as new bikes with power that exceeds many new riders abilities start to show up..folks get a bit drunk with its smooth delivery of power & find themselves in a situation beyond thier skillset.

Fine on a track where runoffs designed to protect the bold....not so fine on streetswith street obstacles.

Sorry to hear this.

Yes RIP &

are truly tested.

Ok, apparently he was wearing a helmet.

Not positive but in the pic in the 1st link it looks like his gear piled in right lower corner of pic.

They may have taken things off to check him....not sure though but looks like the inside of a bike jacket & the shape of a back protector insert. If he had that kind of gear I would think he also had a helmet.

Edited by mania

Not positive but in the pic in the 1st link it looks like his gear piled in right lower corner of pic.

They may have taken things off to check him....not sure though but looks like the inside of a bike jacket & the shape of a back protector insert. If he had that kind of gear I would think he also had a helmet.

yes, he was wearing a helmet and jacket but not enough unfortunately:(

RIP again.

Truth is even a Honda Wave is plenty fast enough to kill you if you ride above your skill level & hit a tree ...or worse.

If folks ride below thier limit they have something left for a surprise incident like entering a turn too fast or a crazy truck pulling out.

But as always as new bikes with power that exceeds many new riders abilities start to show up..folks get a bit drunk with its smooth delivery of power & find themselves in a situation beyond thier skillset.

Fine on a track where runoffs designed to protect the bold....not so fine on streetswith street obstacles.

Agree 100%. First of all RIP to this guy, irrespective of what caused this accident (none of us really know what really happened or if he was at fault or not) it's a sad event and there will be people left behind who will miss this guy.

Secondly, I suspect a CBR150 could do the speed that this guy was going when he crashed so this is not a "big bike" thing.

Thirdly, don't think a better quality jacket or helmet would have changed this outcome. Rather than buying more and more expensive gear I would advise people to learn their limits and ride within them. Going fast is fine and a lot of fun, but <deleted> - do it at the right time wai2.gif

yes, he was wearing a helmet and jacket but not enough unfortunately:(

RIP again.

RIP to the guy...Sadly ,his time was up today.

How do you know for sure that he was wearing a jacket?

Not that it makes any difference in this crash, he obviously suffered major body trauma,with or without it.