Taxi from Bangkok

dukeandduke

I would take one of them mini-van shuttles, cost should be about 120 baht.

They leave from different parts of the city, i know at least 3 places in pattaya,

but there are probably around 8 various places, some go to bkk, some to airport

Edited by poanoi

Most taxis will take you for between 1,000 and 1,500 baht depending on the time of day, the taxi driver and your negotiation skills.

Personally, I'd take the bus from Ekkamai which only costs 124 baht and is quick and easy.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Lookup Bell Transportation on the web. They will pick you up at the airport, drive you to their bus depot in Bangkok, transfer to their bus to Pattaya, drive you to their Pattaya bus station, then put you in their van and take you right to your hotel or home. 250 baht, and it is all taken care of. I always use them.

Lookup Bell Transportation on the web. They will pick you up at the airport, drive you to their bus depot in Bangkok, transfer to their bus to Pattaya, drive you to their Pattaya bus station, then put you in their van and take you right to your hotel or home. 250 baht, and it is all taken care of. I always use them.

It's a good service, but they don't have buses to connect conveniently with late night or early morning flights.

I would take one of them mini-van shuttles, cost should be about 120 baht.

They leave from different parts of the city, i know at least 3 places in pattaya,

but there are probably around 8 various places, some go to bkk, some to airport

Could you give us some useful information about these "mini-van shuttles". Where exactly do they leave from and how would one recognise them (a name)? Can they carry suitcases?

One shuttle stop and leave from opposite Friendship supermarket,

specifically opposite the entrance nearest 3rd rd.

I only ever used it in morning, but think they leave once every 1/2 hour.

Another place is on central pattaya rd between carrefour and foodland.

Another place is on sukumvit/ soi batman.

You recognize the spot by seeing a few thais standing around for apparently no reason,

the vans are white and has room for bags, they are identical to the shuttles that do visa runs

Edited by poanoi

One shuttle stop and leave from opposite Friendship supermarket,

specifically opposite the entrance nearest 3rd rd.

I only ever used it in morning, but think they leave once every 1/2 hour.

Another place is on central pattaya rd between carrefour and foodland.

Another place is on sukumvit/ soi batman.

You recognize the spot by seeing a few thais standing around for apparently no reason,

the vans are white and has room for bags, they are identical to the shuttles that do visa runs

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for those.

Where do they drop off in Bangkok? How many passengers do they carry?

Edited by tropo

The high-speed death traps "roht tou" minibuses do generally depart from/return to Victory Monument but if you know where you want to go, they will drop you off pretty much anywhere in the suburbs en-route. Personally, I would avoid them. Seen them in way too many accidents.

• Like 1

I took Mr. T yesterday after all the rave reviews I saw on here. Good car, good driver, but I did not appreciate having to wait one hour and being told "5 minutes" ten times. I spoke to somebody at the airport who told me that this is a common occurrence these days.

I took Mr. T yesterday after all the rave reviews I saw on here. Good car, good driver, but I did not appreciate having to wait one hour and being told "5 minutes" ten times. I spoke to somebody at the airport who told me that this is a common occurrence these days.

Well this might have happened to you but this would hardly be "a common occurance". In 7 years of using them they have never ever failed to pick me up on time. Who was the "somebody at the airport"? Another tout? Or Taxi mob? Besides, if you are really jing jing you would have made alternative arrangments after the second call. I would never wait an hour for a taxi.

Limousine Lady Service are a professional and reliable Limousine Service in Thailand. Have a professional lady driver , new cars , Safety , clean and comfortable . Good price for limousine service. You can contact limousineladyservice.com