Fugitive ex-monk Wirapol in Laos, 'may surrender'

webfact

How did he get to Laos from the USA?

Just a wild guess, but by plane?

with a revoked passport ?

Well. I was being facetious, because the monk may have never been anywhere but Laos. However, unless you are joking too, some people have more than one passport, and others can acquire--real or false--additional passports.

Even with his own jet you will still need a valid passport to travel from one country to another. How did he get to Laos without a passport? Does he have more than one passport? Did Laos issue him with a travel permit of some sort?

He would only need his ID to get into Laos because they are ASEAN He dint need the passport!

He said the condition to surrender was for the DSI to allow him to be temporarily released, as he wants to handle many matters including the monastic centre's benefit management.

This guy doesn't give up yet, I'm confident the only benefits he has in mind are his own.

I agree there,come back, sort a few billion out to his clients/cohorts/customers whatever, to get them off his back then do another runner.

Even with his own jet you will still need a valid passport to travel from one country to another. How did he get to Laos without a passport? Does he have more than one passport? Did Laos issue him with a travel permit of some sort?

He would only need his ID to get into Laos because they are ASEAN He dint need the passport!

Noted in post #34.........

Arrest warrant explained for dummies:

"Oh dearest nasty nasty criminal, we issue you an arrest warrant, because you have been really really nasty and have committed a nasty nasty crime. So please be nice nice and come along to us the DSI, and surrender yourself, because we cannot force you if you don't want to. It's up to you, you nasty nasty criminal. If you don't come, we're not gonna bother with you any longer, until this case is forgotten and rugged under the table. bye bye... Have nice day..."

Edited by MaxLee
  • Like 2

The dude should just establish his own new branch of Buddhism. One that allows worship of material things such as cars, brand name bags, and especially Ray Bans. And you can't get in unless you're wealthy. Minimum buy-in, 100mb.

Arrest warrant explained for dummies:

"Oh dearest nasty nasty criminal, we issue you an arrest warrant, because you have been really really nasty and have committed a nasty nasty crime. So please be nice nice and come along to us the DSI, and surrender yourself, because we cannot force you if you don't want to. It's up to you, you nasty nasty criminal. If you don't come, we're not gonna bother with you any longer, until this case is forgotten and rugged under the table. bye bye... Have nice day..."

This should be made into a rap song. I can just imagine who the rapper in the video would look like. In fact it would include a private jet, some LV bags, Ray Bans, and back-up rappers wearing saffron colored sheets.

Hi I am Monk Wirapol, I have been dedicating my life to Buddha and another country, I have magical powers and can help you all to achieve Nirvana, give generously as I want to build the biggest Wat made of diamonds in Laos, so support me and keep the DSI daemons away from me. "I will let you in on a cut of the proffits" w00t.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, after all the build up and he's next door with an arrest warrant this story just dies???

It's like they managed to get enough evidence to arrest him and said "oh well, close enough"

That's actually it. Public demanded action, discovered he was indeed a criminal, arrest warrant served and he's too powerful to actually follow through with it but they did their job by disrupting his activities but everyone knows he's not going to trail or anything so that's it. Good enough. Next scandal please.

Must be great to be mega rich here and never have to worry about being liable for your actions.

• Like 1

1. Seriously, after all the build up and he's next door with an arrest warrant this story just dies???

Isn't that just classic biggrin.png Granted these things usually die as we move onto the next scandal of the day public outrage, but this one was in and out of the public outrage machine so fast whewwwwwwwwwwwwww. It could be a new record

Man I have been trying to figure this monk out.

How he did what he did. The guy stacked so much money and became so wealthy in a matter of years that even crooks dont achieve in a lifetime.

Sure I read about the allegations that he did this and that to make money in shady ways but if one heard about the details of his story then its clear that he was into something much bigger than what the newspapers reveal.

Luxurious mansions and Maybachs under his name, cheques issued by US banks under his name with huge amounts on them that can be cashed any time and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

That's game ain't it.