Low and Slow Take-offs. Caveat Thai Air Asia, Qatar

MacChine

For starters, jet planes burn much more fuel flying low compared to flying high!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A jet going slower on take off is expending less fuel. It is my understanding thinner air is responsible for fuel savings at altitude.

One if the TAA plane has what I imagine as a can that sounds bad, too. I recognize it now from it's tinny sound.

It's more complicated than that. Engines are optimised to run in certain conditions, basically at cruise. And from take off to landing, there are lots of different calculations to be made taking into account things like engine performance characteristics, the weight of the plane, winds, pressures etc. It doesn't necessarily follow that a plane going slow will expend less fuel as it has to push the same weight over the same distance whilst becoming airborn

A jet going slower on take off is expending less fuel. It is my understanding thinner air is responsible for fuel savings at altitude.

Takeoff performance is not concerned about Fuel usage for that short phase. Derated thrust selection is more of a engine life / Maintenance thing. A little more too it but more or less

Edited by negreanu

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah well true of course but you are not reading me, <deleted> the puddle jumper ATR 's are higher

The aircraft are low and slow and again, what, three nights ago, ( should keep a log) plane flew at minimum the entire length of the island I watched it disappear and I honestly though it was going down, it DID NOT ascend .

this is not a descending base leg but deliberate low and slow flying on take off and I can imagine, being TAA, what it is about.

So be warned .. Airlines crash for pretty stupid reasons around here - and no one is ever ever ever held accountable and this is a dangerous a practice as it gets.

Don't get in a flap in this life,Thai ghost have some of the greatest longevity and there are merit making rituals to ensure victims are blessed.

In event of accident or fatalities ,cover up or change name of whole airline.I wish I was making it up.