Is July 11th The Day?

I read on another Thai oriented board that July 11th will be the day that 'Tourists' will be only allowed to visit the Kingdom for a period of up to 180 days and then will not be allowed to re-enter as a tourist until a further 180 days have passed.

The same person also claims that people with a Non-Imm 'B' will have their visa cancelled if they try and come back in after 90 days and do not have a work permit or their application for a work permit is being officially considered.

It sounds quite possible to me, but as nothing to that effect has been mentioned on this board I wonder if it is just another Beer Bar barrister trying to be the wise guy.

He claims his Thai lawyer told him it was the case.

I have spoken to people I regard as knowledgeable but they have shrugged their shoulders at the above.

Anyone here know if this is BS or not?

I read on another Thai oriented board that July 11th will be the day that 'Tourists' will be only allowed to visit the Kingdom for a period of up to 180 days and then will not be allowed to re-enter as a tourist until a further 180 days have passed.

The same person also claims that people with a Non-Imm 'B' will have their visa cancelled if they try and come back in after 90 days and do not have a work permit or their application for a work permit is being officially considered.

It sounds quite possible to me, but as nothing to that effect has been mentioned on this board I wonder if it is just another Beer Bar barrister trying to be the wise guy.

He claims his Thai lawyer told him it was the case.

I have spoken to people I regard as knowledgeable but they have shrugged their shoulders at the above.

Anyone here know if this is BS or not?

More myths....emanating from farang talk in beer bars late at night, or as simply put by you, BS :o

down in pattaya, i remember there used to be a beer bar open during the day called the "f+ck you too" i went in a couple of times

why can't someone open a beer bar that specializes in dipshits that know all the upcoming visa changes. when you ring the big bell, it doesn't buy the girls a drink, you have to stand up and announce your freshest BS visa idea.

down in pattaya, i remember there used to be a beer bar open during the day called the "f+ck you too" i went in a couple of times <some real dog biscuits in there, so they kept it dark inside>

why can't someone open a beer bar that specializes in dipshits that know all the upcoming visa changes. when you ring the big bell, it doesn't buy the girls a drink, you have to stand up and announce your freshest BS visa idea.

:D

Yes, there was a bar of that name but they changed it to the 'Love You Too' bar when the 'Social Order' campaign was in full swing.

Odd how the 'Dog's &lt;deleted&gt;' retained its aesthetically pleasing name, yet the 'Nice and Sleazy' Bar changed its telling name to 'Nice and Easy'. :o

I am pretty sure I know the board 'not' referred to at the start of this thread and it is Pattaya based with 'Lovers' somewhere in the name. :D

The 'expert' presenting his dubious info is well-known for being an attention-seeking no-hoper who scratches a living by conning people with favours in the form of 'in the know' information, eg 'cheap' taxis. He actually resides in Bangkok, living the 'high life' in a 3.5k baht per month condo. :D

Perhaps he was one of triplets and got stuck in the middle at feeding and playtime. :D

down in pattaya, i remember there used to be a beer bar open during the day called the "f+ck you too" i went in a couple of times

That's how they do it now Huski...and there are prizes for the wildest ideas. :o