Orchid Hotel Dim Sum Buffet Poor but .....

LawrenceChee

Have not been hotels and restaurants for a while as I have been obsessed with this fried chicken stall at the market

Went to Orchid hotel next to Kad Soon Central and missus had the buffet

Poor choices @ 299 baht nett and most items were reheated frozen..hargow was tearing apart...pork ribs had no taste and the steam rice rolls with pork had a foul smell to it

BUT ...as I saw the items coming I went over to the menu and ordered a Yang Chow Fried Rice and this must be the best I had for a while which is great

Good wok fire rice that is Moist and not hard and the eggs, pork and ham makes it a good combination price was 140 baht a plate which is a good price

So now I have found 3 good places ..Fujian , Orchid park and Meijiang all at different spots when I have cravings for a good plate of HK style fried rice

Went there once for Dim Sum, never went back it was dreadful.

Best HK fried rice?

Served up on request by er indoors.

Agree I won't be back there for the dim sum ...the fried rice yes if I am in the area ...nothing compared to those in Hong Kong but I'm in Chiang Mai and have learnt to adjust accordingly /-)

This place, Orchid, good for me at breakfast time. Bt260, open 6.30am, lots of food of various kinds, pots of coffee, outdoor or in, some food prepared to your order: final call = good value esp if coffee drinker in am!!

This place, Orchid, good for me at breakfast time. Bt260, open 6.30am, lots of food of various kinds, pots of coffee, outdoor or in, some food prepared to your order: final call = good value esp if coffee drinker in am!!

I think it is a lot harder to screw up Breakfast food.

I think it is a lot harder to screw up Breakfast food.

I agree it is harder to screw up breakfast food....but some places do try their best to screw it up!