After 5 years breaking up and X is willing to give me house

ttthailand

A good friend is in the process of breaking up with his Thai gf after 5 year relationship. They have about 4 rai, 2 houses, and pool that he paid around 5 million to buy and build . This is up country so I think little chance of selling quickly. He paid for everything and has been very good at buying her things including a car, gold etc.... She is willing ( at least he thinks) to give him the land, houses, and pool. I have not seen but he said she signed over everything already with some kind of contract the they wrote up together ... not legal I think.

If she is truly willing to hand over everything, what is the best way for him as a farang to take possession ? I have heard about setting up a company to own property, also heard about 30 year lease. Any other ideas or problems ?

This could be useful info for others in the same boat so any replies are helpful in figuring this out.

Construction called Usufruct, it would mean he has the exclusive right to use the real estate and what is on it for the rest of his life.

Yes but he will be stuck there.

If his GF could give him say 2.5mill (1/2?) and walk away unless he really wants to stay there?

She is not entitled to give him anything, if not married then it's like giving your lover anything she wants.

Good luck to your friend, he gonna need it.

if she is seriously willing to let him keep it then he should sell it asap because at some point she will find a new husband or a family member will get arrested and she might have second thoughts about her generosity. plus, if they are married shouldn't he have a legal right to the house anyways? Shouldn't all assets be split down the middle? Best advise is to talk to a real lawyer about the topic at hand.

Yes, I agree with seeking legal advice. I think there are many people on here who have been bit and have thought about it after and wished they had done differently. Any advise from them is welcome.

My friend never married only bf gf for 5 years.

A good friend is in the process of breaking up with his Thai gf after 5 year relationship. They have about 4 rai, 2 houses, and pool that he paid around 5 million to buy and build . This is up country so I think little chance of selling quickly. He paid for everything and has been very good at buying her things including a car, gold etc.... She is willing ( at least he thinks) to give him the land, houses, and pool. I have not seen but he said she signed over everything already with some kind of contract the they wrote up together ... not legal I think.

If she is truly willing to hand over everything, what is the best way for him as a farang to take possession ? I have heard about setting up a company to own property, also heard about 30 year lease. Any other ideas or problems ?

This could be useful info for others in the same boat so any replies are helpful in figuring this out.

He can be awarded the value if the sale subject to a divorce agreement. Little value in him taking possession. The only way is a usufruct.

My friend is French and I believe they have common law marriages there. Is the same true in Thailand. He owns property in Bangkok so hopefully if tyre she can not touch.

There is no such thing as common law husbands and wives in Thailand.

The only way the OP`s alleged friend can get anything back from this, is if the GF sells off all the land and property plus other items and then gives the cash from all the proceeds of the sales to the farang ex-boyfriend.

Under Thai law unless any official legal agreements were made prior to the alleged OP`s friend parting with his hard earn cash solely on trust, that lot is considered as a gift. Whether the OP`s alleged friend manages to obtain anything back from this now is completely up to the discretion and goodwill of the ex-girlfriend.

These are the facts, and as for hiring the services of a reputable lawyer, I`m sorry, but even Perry Mason couldn`t get the guy out of this one.

Where in Thailand? Maybe I will buy it.

About 50 miles out of Buriram. Mid size Village

Come on guys....Someone has to know how to do this. What are his options ?

Buriram is a toilet.

Tell your friend to destroy the place out of spite.

• Like 1

Sell raffle tickets at 1000bht a go till he reaches 5m baht then raffle it off like a lottery, loads of local thais would be up for that.

It's a win win situation for the OP/friend.

I'm sure we can come up with a solution between us all, your friend needs our help.

Anymore ideas apart close the thread.

CCC

another thread about issan girl ripping of a falang!.. this year must be a wake up call for many farangs on thaivisa forum..

You obviously did not read the OP or know more about it then has been written - where does it say the girl is trying to rip off the farang........coffee1.gif

another thread about issan girl ripping of a falang!.. this year must be a wake up call for many farangs on thaivisa forum..

This is simply not the case.

Who in their right mind would risk and throw thousands of dollars into a project solely on trust in someone else s name?

I wouldn`t do this in my own country, not even with some of my closest relatives and friends, let alone with some girl I hardly know.

A fool and his money are easily parted and regarded of where they come from, there are always going to be those who will take advantage of the gullible.

As the wise man says; always have your own a-se covered, never leave yourselves vulnerable, always be in control of your situations and always have the upper hand in situations that involved investing a lot of your hard earned dosh.

There are many farangs in Thailand who financially back real estate, land and business projects using upfront Thai names, hoping that no one will care or notice. That`s fine until a spanner falls into the works and then the odds are that they will lose everything.

But our falkan is right: this must be a wake up call for many farangs on thaivisa forum..

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2