Thousand Island Sauce

chris26be

Heinz Salad Cream is not even close to any mayonnaise I have ever tasted... It's made especially for the refined British pallet ... just like Marmite! tongue.png

HSC is sold at Makro, here, and pretty certain I have seen it at Tesco too! (Cross and Blackwell Salad cream almost same same, but a little different! )wink.png

"Heinz Salad Cream is not even close to any mayonnaise I have ever tasted... It's made especially for the refined British pallet ... just like Marmite! tongue.png "

Presumably you meant "palate," since a pallet (pictured below) is used when loading things, like crates of cheap tasteless Salad Cream suitable for numb British palates. Although the discerning British palate might be unable to detect the difference between a pallet and other British fare like Spotted Dick or Toad in a Hole.

What would you call it if you blended Spotted Dick with Toad in a Hole, I wonder.

yes realized that misspell too late !tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Hienz Salad Creme, I'm 62 and American and have never seen this product in the USA. I am a big salad eater so I should have seen it if it were on the shelfs.

In America it's probably called precondimentation! smile.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

... mayonnaise developed in the UK

... And perfected by the Japanese (like Kobe beef and and world-renowned scotch.) Have you tried Kewpie Mayonnaise, especially the more-expensive Japanese style? This former Hellmanns fan suggests you try it. Seems the Japanese can get everything right except nuclear power. 2nd choice cause you can't get it here - Vegannaise, developed by vegans in the USA. Now I'm hungry for a Kewpie sandwich, (sandwich - also developed in the UK.)

If you like Hellmanns then Best brand European style (not the gooey yellow Thai version) is pretty close and, someone told me, even the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...