Social media: Scare tactic successful, says crime suppression chief

webfact

We have successfully intimidated people into silence. And he's quite proud of his achievement.

There are some images from a part of German history that would go very well with this article, but they would get deleted.

I am so glad i have resolved to go home. It gets a little worse every day at the moment. Wake up Thai people and see what is going on here.

Ever tried to wake up a sleeping Thai? Maybe it happens when their rice mats catches fire during public book burning sessions.

"We are seeking to resort to a psychological impact in terms of crime prevention, and not wanting them to go to jail," he said.

To me it sounds like: We may need the cell space after we implemented a total ban on social media.

Edited by TackyToo

I am absolutely amazed at this situation. How can people possibly be told to stop doing things if they are NOT illegal? I am very surprised there has not been a huge hue and cry from the Human Right's Organisation, and others referring this to the Court that deals with abuse of power. Watch out TV posters, we could be next!!w00t.gif

I think they just provided the prime example of why people talk about this stuff. The gov't just admitted to scaring the people into submission. Talk about lowlife, thug mentality. Hope the people speak out even louder now!

Let's be clear here. Is the alleged crime thinking "I like that", which brings in the concept of the Thought Police, or is it expressing publicly that "I like that" which restricts freedom of speech? You're not winning many friends either way.

I have been medically injected with morphine, and quite enjoyed the effect, which leads me to believe I would like heroin (which is 2 morphine molecules fused together). Have I now broken one of Thailand's drug suppression laws?

Yes you have.

You should contact the police to arrange a time for you present yourself for questioning. Your range of options for the timing of this appointment are dependent on your wealth and influence.

I hope you've got a lot of both.

I am absolutely amazed at this situation. How can people possibly be told to stop doing things if they are NOT illegal? I am very surprised there has not been a huge hue and cry from the Human Right's Organisation, and others referring this to the Court that deals with abuse of power. Watch out TV posters, we could be next!!w00t.gif

Not all of us. Some are saying all the right things.

BTW has anyone else noticed what a great job the wonderful PM Yingluck is doing?

xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

• Like 1

We have successfully intimidated people into silence. And he's quite proud of his achievement.

Perhaps PM-Yingluck might make another speech in Mongolia, lauding how things have improved, under her rule ? wink.png

This is a classic example, free speech doesn't exist here yet, and sadly appears to be moving backwards at a rate of knots ! sad.png