Pattaya Police Volunteer in sexual relationship with 14 year old Girl

Rimmer

Help me out here. "charged with sexual offenses with a minor under the age of 15". Do I understand correctly that 15 is the age of consent?! I guess those 15-year-olds are little long in the tooth for this sicko :-/

15 is the age a Thai can be married with parents consent, not the age of consent to have sex..common myth.

EVEN IF IT WAS O.K., IS IT REALLY O.K.?

The human mind isn't fully developed till about 22 years....think about it!

The human mind is never fully developed.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Father of the girl was unhappy after hearing about the relationship and told Police that it was affecting his daughters schooling as she opted to see Khun Don rather than attend school on numerous occasions."

Maybe there's more to this or maybe the Thai to English translation is wrong. However, this paragraph taken at face value shows how screwed up the father is. He should be mad that some late 20s guy is doing his underage daughter, not mad because the relationship was affecting her studies. Guess if she didn't skip class, he'd be ok about it?

Wow the father reported it not because she's 14 but because the relationship affected her studies! <deleted>!

You deduce from a very short article what you don't actually know.

"The Father of the girl was unhappy after hearing about the relationship and told Police that it was affecting his daughters schooling as she opted to see Khun Don rather than attend school on numerous occasions."

Maybe there's more to this or maybe the Thai to English translation is wrong. However, this paragraph taken at face value shows how screwed up the father is. He should be mad that some late 20s guy is doing his underage daughter, not mad because the relationship was affecting her studies. Guess if she didn't skip class, he'd be ok about it?

Wow the father reported it not because she's 14 but because the relationship affected her studies! <deleted>!

You deduce from a very short article what you don't actually know.

Maybe he found about the relationship because the school reported to him that she was missing class frequently, then he reported it to the police. Basically non of us know the full facts, but to jump to conclusions based on snippets in local papers is very naive.

Where i come from, while not exactly the norm,

it was also not overly unusual for 14 year old girls to be sexually attracted to 25-30 year old men, and date them.

OTOH we had no prostitution, so i never saw any 20 year old woman in relation with a 50 year old man.

To sum it up, we carry with us the norm and moral we saw while we grew up.

Edited by poanoi

I know a few men around 60 buying sex from 20-25 year old girls,

-a far more morally reprehensible act. Do You ? and did you do anything about it ?

So in your view an adult having sex with a child is more acceptable than that of an older adult having consensual sex with a young woman. Or do you regards a 14 year old as all grown up?

I don't really understand the shock and surprise I see going around here. Perhaps the only reason we're even reading about it is because he was a police volunteer, which is guaranteed to get good traction with the readership.

I know it is a forlorn hope but one expects adherence to the spirit of the law more so from it's enforcers and those in public service. You have to believe that reporting something to the police might be a good thing to do.

I know a few men around 60 buying sex from 20-25 year old girls,

-a far more morally reprehensible act. Do You ? and did you do anything about it ?

So in your view an adult having sex with a child is more acceptable than that of an older adult having consensual sex with a young woman. Or do you regards a 14 year old as all grown up?

Refer to the post directly above your question

According to the information we have the girl chose to do what she did. In my book that puts it all above board, and it also makes it no one else's business.

The Thai father understood this and was more concerned about her missing school than trying to stop her doing something that she wants to do, and which she would probably find a way of doing even if he did try to stop her. In his shoes I would have thought the same way.

She should be going to school during the day and doing these other things after class and at weekends etc. End of problem.

The age of consent in Thailand is 15, however if money or gifts are exchange, ie: prostitution she or he must be 18.

No, it's not. The age of consent in Thailand is 15 WITH PARENTAL CONSENT. If not it is 18.

However, if a girl works in a bar (due to exposure to alcohol), then the age rises to 20.

From Wiki -

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 (with the below caveat) as specified by article 279 of the Thai Criminal Code. The current legislation applies to all regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation.

However, parts of the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, which disallow any sexual contact with prostitutes under the age of 18, are widely interpreted by some local authorities to cover sexual acts classed as "obscenity for personal gratification". Also from the Penal Code Amendment Act of 1997 Section 283bis, having sex with a child under 18 is a compoundable offense even with the consent of that person. The parent or the child may file charges against the other side if he or she later regrets his or her own action. This ostensibly makes the Thai unfettered age of consent 18.

They don't mention the working in a bar aspect.

Don't ask me why. TiT

What has working in a bar got to do with the age of consent? It is perfectly legal to have sex with a girl aged 18+.

The alcohol laws are completely separate.