Makro Hangdong Rd - California Wraps cafe.

Thailand

Came across it on the top floor. Just opened.

Had a very acceptable cappuccino and a very tasty breakfast Burrito with all the trimmings for a total of THB125.

Give it a try next time you are doing your shopping there.

• Like 1

I have looked at that place several times thinking that's another place given up the ghost. And that's because its at the back on a floor that rarely has more than 5 customers wandering around.

The best place to set up a coffee area is adjacent the lift overlooking the store or where the jobsworth sits at the top of the slowest elevator in the city.

Sadly,where it is, I fear it will be quiet for them.

Sent from my GT-I8160

I have looked at that place several times thinking that's another place given up the ghost. And that's because its at the back on a floor that rarely has more than 5 customers wandering around.

The best place to set up a coffee area is adjacent the lift overlooking the store or where the jobsworth sits at the top of the slowest elevator in the city.

Sent from my GT-I8160

Certainly meets very little of the "location location location" criteria.

I'm pretty sure that the original owner who was a very nice lady who lived in California for years and had a restaurant there sold up shop years ago because of a sick relative who needed her help or something like that. I don't know if she was married or not. But I would be surprised if it is the original owner who was a an excellent cook. I went once after she was gone and it was nowhere the same.

Same old Kad Farang crew. They used to do some good deals. But getting up to eat breakfast in a mall wont do it for me ... Apparently the renovations tio the Kad Farang meant they had to move... but thats just coffe gossip.

Not just gossip--true story--the rent was hiked up to unreasonable amount by greedy Moo Bahn, and Kad farang, ownership.

This has been discussed previously--as i say, it's not really gossip as it comes from the 'Horse's mouth'.

Is it the Thai woman who is married to a Mexican and she used to make tamales occasionally??

Don't know about the 'Tamales' but she is Thai and is married to a Mexican/American--and she can cook very well, but it is more often her trained-up staff who are now doing the cooking, which can lead to varied results.

I'm pretty sure that the original owner who was a very nice lady who lived in California for years and had a restaurant there sold up shop years ago because of a sick relative who needed her help or something like that. I don't know if she was married or not. But I would be surprised if it is the original owner who was a an excellent cook. I went once after she was gone and it was nowhere the same.

Not sure where your shop was located but this one, in Kad farang, was set up about 5 years ago, by a Thai lady who lived in California for over 25 years, in fact all her family are still over there--she is a very capable chef with 'certificates' to prove--but, as I say, more often than not she is busy 'elsewhere' and her staff are responsible for the food--same old/same old.

Not sure where your shop was located but this one, in Kad farang, was set up about 5 years ago, by a Thai lady who lived in California for over 25 years, in fact all her family are still over there--she is a very capable chef with 'certificates' to prove--but, as I say, more often than not she is busy 'elsewhere' and her staff are responsible for the food--same old/same old.

Thanks for that. Will have to check it out myself. I'm sure that she left for a while but didn't know she was back.

Sent from my GT-I8160

Forget about the "Location, location, location" criteria..... I'm more interested in the "CLEAN, CLEAN" Criteria and this places looks very clean. Unlike the "MIKES" burger joints which have become very GRUBBY Looking, noticed the Big Burgers for starters? They need a WASH!

I have just remembered one more thing--which could explain the 'confusion' --the lady in question did have to return to USA because her Mother died--and left the shop either temporarily closed or in the hands of her staff--can't remember which--her name is 'Pat', if that helps?

The reason I may seem to know--more than is normal--is that she is a very close neighbour of mine.

Sent from my GT-I8160

Forget about the "Location, location, location" criteria..... I'm more interested in the "CLEAN, CLEAN" Criteria and this places looks very clean. Unlike the "MIKES" burger joints which have become very GRUBBY Looking, noticed the Big Burgers for starters? They need a WASH!

This is indeed the case--the shop at Kad Farang was always clean and tidy--so, I am not at all surprised that the new location is equally well turned out.

I think that most Thais, who have done business in the West will have picked up the concept that foreigners prefer places to be clean and tidy--just a shame that those from the Indian diaspora never really took that on board.

I had a wrap there the other day and chatted with the owner for a bit. She is the same woman from California. The wrap was more a burrito and it was good. Next time I go to Mackro shopping I will for sure go hungry and enjoy the little get away upstairs.

I had a wrap there the other day and chatted with the owner for a bit. She is the same woman from California. The wrap was more a burrito and it was good. Next time I go to Mackro shopping I will for sure go hungry and enjoy the little get away upstairs.

As I said I had a Burrito & Cappuccino, very good.

I will also return for seconds. And yes, the lady is Pat.