Too many Tourist Visas?

Hi! I’m new here. Sorry about my English!

I have read several posts about this matter, but I have several doubts also. I’ll try to expose my situation on detail, but it is hard for me because of language. It’s about of having too much Tourist Visas, I guess. My history in Thailand:

Sep. 2011 – Airport 30 days + 7 days extension

Oct. 2011 – Single TR visa Penang

Dec. 2011 – Single TR visa Penang + 30 days extension

March 2011/05 – April 2011/05 out of Thailand

Apr. 2012 – Airport 30 days

May 2012 - Single TR visa Penang 60 + 30 days extension

Aug. 2012 – Single TR visa Vientiane 60 + 30 days extension

Nov. 2012 – Double TR visa Vientiane 60 + 30 days extension + Border Run 60 + 30 days extension

Got new passport

Apr. 2013 - Double TR visa Vientiane + 30 days extension + Border Run 60 days

So I have six visas and I want apply for the seventh one. My questions are:

-I’ve read about a red stamp talking that is the last visa approved, I have nothing similar on my passport. Will I be rejected before looking that stamp? Is this stamp real? No always advised to be the last visa issued?

-Having a new passport will help or no? In new one I have 1 visa and 1 stamp of previous visa transfered.

-Last three visas were issued in Vientiane, need to go another destination? (This is a problem for me, now stay in Isaan, and I go Nong Khai by car)

-Having going out of Thailand for one month after 2 first visas helped for the following ones?

I read about the convenience of presenting money income even not required for TR, is this correct? Would help if I present funds transfer documents (bank and Western Union) since Sep. 2011 or would it make the officer look red light alarms everywhere?

And finally, what about tempt fate and go again Vientiane? And trust in officer no using computer (new passport with only 1 visa)

Any answer or comment will be appreciated, Thanks!

• Like 1

So have you been staying in Thailand continuously (save for the visa trips to Penang & Vientiane and the 2 border runs you mention) since April 2012?

Yes, correct, i know is not a good matter, but by the moment i have no better options, may be i will have next year, but no now...

Vientiane will normally issue and only not issue after you get the red stamp. But based on your history they might this time give you a single entry and red stamp.

Having a new passport sometimes helps.

Thanks, and now other doubt, red stamp will close the Savannakhet option, or any other destination? I mean, what is the option if get red stamp, go out of Thailand? If so, how much time?

As I understand the position, you will need to exit Thailand within 7 days of any new visa refusal - but no doubt the experts will correct me if I am wrong.

On the question of showing evidence of funds transfers from abroad, I suspect that this would more likely help, rather than hinder, your case for a further visa - even though, as you state, this is not required in theory for tourist visas. Presumably one of the issues which the official considering your new application in Vientiane, Savannakhet or wherever will be interested in is how you have been supporting yourself financially in Thailand since April 2012. In this connection, I trust that you have not been increasing your spending power here by working illegally!

Vientiane will normally issue and only not issue after you get the red stamp. But based on your history they might this time give you a single entry and red stamp.

Having a new passport sometimes helps.

Thanks, and now other doubt, red stamp will close the Savannakhet option, or any other destination? I mean, what is the option if get red stamp, go out of Thailand? If so, how much time?

The red stamp is only for that consulate. But with a history of many tourist visa it is increasingly difficult to get a new tourist visa, especially a double entry, in the region.

Excuse me for being ignorant on this red stamp issue but what is a "Red Stamp" and how would a visitor get it? Thanks in advance.

The red stamp tells you to not apply for a visa at that consulate anymore. The reason for that stamp is that you already had many tourist visas there (normally about 5) and they do no longer consider you a tourist.

Some consulates in the past have indicated in passport they will not issue a new visa with a stamp saying so. It does not mean another consulate can or will not issue but only that the stamping consulate may not - and even the may change with new officials.

If a visa is not issued you would not be allowed into Thailand except as visa exempt. The seven days to leave is for extension refusal of those already in Thailand.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Excuse me for being ignorant on this red stamp issue but what is a "Red Stamp" and how would a visitor get it? Thanks in advance.

Images of two types of warning stamps posted by members, both issued by the Thai consulate in Vientiane:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-A6K2htdEoxY/TomwmwDlGLI/AAAAAAAAJVk/UixUW5GBbMk/s576/Tourist%25202%2520entries%2520Vientiane%252020090922%2520with%2520warning.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-BIi7BeRSx_0/TomwmBV8SSI/AAAAAAAAJVk/zyRfqQoE9Pk/s1029/Tourist%25202%2520entries%2520Vientiane%252020091023%2520warning%2520stamp.jpg

I believe one other consulate in the region was also reported to have given such stamp, but no picture was posted.