What frightens you most here in Thailand

Phronesis

Droopy breasts scare me.Apparently there is a bar where a girl can throw her breasts over her shoulder and back-heel them.

She can also tie both breasts together and make them look as if she was wearing a bow-tie.

One thing,have you ever had a girlfriend with hairy breasts?,,,,,,very scary. Her kids complained they were fed with coconut juice.

But the things that are really scary are.........Balconies.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) lack of justice. never gotten into trouble but this scares me: what if i ever get into "a situation".

2) i should also be afraid of dengue i guess. i am often in borderlands (burma).

3) and yes, minivans. i admit. i hate them. i'm not afraid of death but i'm afraid of a violent, painful death.

To drive with the Long distance, Buses, in Thailand,

to fast, overtaking many times in dangerous style without care of the oncoming traffic, mostly with warped chassis, is frightening me.blink.png

So, I avoid doing that! tongue.png

Ok what scares me the most is riding a motorbike

That is what I like most !

Anywhere and I not scared when I have the throttle and the break in my hands and my eyes open,

to see people who have their eyes as it seems shut on the road and in traffic, or are driving under the influence!

Than I can also cut through Phukets rush hour traffic same a hot knife threw butter! tongue.png

well its large breasts that frighten me ,ime frightened to look at them ,because whenever we are out and i look at them ,the wife thumps me.

You need to develop your peripheral vision. blink.png

Or polish your shoes :D

Losing my temper when some b!tch of a shop assistant decides to play "belittle the farang" in front of all the other customers - like you are so completely stupid that you can't even read the ubiquitous calculator.

That's easy to deal with. Just speak in Thai to them and then speak in English, when they can't reply in English but you can in Thai they lose face.

Or just pull a wad of notes out and see the jealousy rise in their eyes.

• Like 1

I keep well away from Bangkok and feel very safe.Not realy scared of anything,if i die i die,if i kill someone i kill someone.

10 Years in Pattaya is far safer than cities in the uk,and i feel extremly safe,and only a phone call away from good help.

True, true. However an empty fridge bugs me. The excessive murder rate here effects Thais more than foreigners, so 'What Me Worry'..??

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms

What I dislike most is the sheer duplicity and dishonesty of the Thai people.

I have came across a lot of honest Thai people. There are some dishonest people in every country.

3 month ago I moved to a slightly bigger bungalow (foolishly) I forgot 1200€ in an enveloppe under the mattress.

The next day the old Thai owner brougth it to me, 1200€... you can count he told me... not sure 100% of Westerners owners would have done it whistling.gif

I do it all the time, as recently as yesterday when i corrected a woman at the checkout who was about

to give 200 baht extra back in change.

I will not lower my standard just because i live among crooks, there are good people out there, somewhere,

i think.

Things are pretty much ok in Thailand NOW, what happens when/if the Shi^ really hits the fan ie economic meltdown, how will the Thais take to Farangs then?

Can't see why the locals would treat foreigners any differently because of an economic meltdown.

Were there any reports of foreigners gettin' smoked by skint Thais during the Asian financial crisis in '97?

I dont live in Thailand, but one thing that really frightens me is not being able to return either due to getting blacklisted by immigration or from major injury. I have no reason to be scared of getting blacklisted, but it's not my country and the government can do or change whatever they want at anytime.

OK - I'll bite - as a tourist, what precisely would lead to you being banned from entering the country other than a visa or legal issue ? To date, I havent had a single problem getting a tourist visa and all my 30-day 'visa exempt' stays have been completely without issue. If there is an easier way to get a 90-day stay in someone else's country than a trip to Penang and two nights in a hotel, I need to hear about it.

Nothing to bite. I thought we were just listing our greatest fear in Thailand. Nobody said it had to be rational!

• Like 1

On a serious note, the thing that scares me the most is a topic that we are never permitted to discuss. What I hope is that the country stays strong and stable.

Mods, if this comment is a problem, please delete immediately.

Cheers

Can someone message me what is meant by this, new here. What is the topic you cant discuss? Seems weird for the internet

On a serious note, the thing that scares me the most is a topic that we are never permitted to discuss. What I hope is that the country stays strong and stable.

Mods, if this comment is a problem, please delete immediately.

Cheers

Can someone message me what is meant by this, new here. What is the topic you cant discuss? Seems weird for the internet

Agreed, i can only guess that it is the King being referred to, since it is illegal to say anything negative about him.

Get to the point, where's the photo of the Filipino? coffee1.gif

You mean "Filipina" right? Or maybe not.

Sorry ... couldn't help myself.

Meanwhile, what scares me the most here in Thailand? Being deported and black listed for life. I don't lose any sleep over it, but sure as hell hope it never happens.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

The thing that scares me most about living in Thailand is "me". When I retired here in 2010 I was a cool, calm and collected guy who was ready to enjoy this "magical" experience for the rest of my life. After three years of trying to adapt, transition and fit in with the locals and understand "Thainess", I have become one stressed out and frustrated "basket case" of a guy with a hair pin temper. There's absolutely nothing about these rascals that appeals to me and I have become very confrontational. The Thai males in particular are so unpredictable and a wrong comment at just the right time could lead to a disastrous outcome. Leaving Thailand is not an option for me, so I either need to cut out my tongue or find a good natural treatment for stress. Any ideas!

Simple....avoid thai males at all times..

We didn't come here for the men , did we?

Well, some did as we are reminded on almost a daily basis around here.

"that not only do they not care about next guy but that he doesn't even register, he's not even there, not worth a millisecond of thought or consideration."

I live in a Thai village. The sensation of "community" is profound. I see it every day.

• Like 1

well its large breasts that frighten me ,ime frightened to look at them ,because whenever we are out and i look at them ,the wife thumps me.

You need to develop your peripheral vision. 20x20xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.s-RG4kPbeM. width=20 alt=blink.png>

Amateurs whistling.gif

Say to your wife. "Is that a ladyboy" then you can look all you like as you try to convince your wife that it is a ladyboy while she says "No, No, it's a lady"

In reality, your wife knows that you are going to look at those breasts even before you know it, so you are caught even before anything has happened.

• Like 1

I have always trusted the old senses on these things. But I remain to this day frightened that the next gf will be a lady boy and I could not tell the difference.......... gives me shivers,

but otherwise nothing against em, just not into the meat and 2 veg