Obtaining double entry tourist visa...closest place to PKT.

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a lovely weekend :)

So i'm sure this has been asked before but my computer is really useless and slow and so I can't search through previous topics unfortunately.

Anyway I am in Phuket and I need to obtain two tourist visas (bf and I) double entry. However, I understand that Malaysia do not issue double entry tourist visas and so our only option would be to go to Laos or Cambodia.

Are there any tour companies who go from Phuket does anyone know? or would we need to go to Bangkok first, or shall we just take a bus to a border ourselves? we are really trying to avoid this because we don't want all the hassle and just want to go with a group if possible. We don't want to do the trip to Malaysia and pay the same money to only get a single entry visa it is not worth the time and money.

So if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated, I am not sure if this is the correct place to post it or maybe I should be posting in the Phuket forum?

Thank you :)

There are ,I believe, three "visa run" companies providing a service to Phuket. However, these companies only travel to either Ranong or Penang (Malaysia).Travelling to Ranong will only secure you a 15 day visa exempt entry. I am told that Penang can be difficult especially if applicants for Tourist visas have "history" or have extended a previous Tourist visa. Refusal of a visa would result in a 15 day visa exempt entry on return to Thailand.

Others may have better suggestions for you.

There was a post somewhere on here, not long ago, that you can get a Double entry + pick up next day in Yangon, Myanmar ??

sure someone will have up-to-date info..................??

unfortunately cannot find the Post was from 2013..........and is not in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/189375-latest-reports-of-getting-a-visa-in-the-region/ only in that is an old one from 4 years ago...

• Like 1

You could fly Phuket to Udon Thani. There is a direct bus from the airport to the Lao border. US$35 or B1500 to enter Laos, car from the border to Thai consulate in Vientiane about B300. Need to apply before 11:30am, pick-up next day after 1 or 2pm. Bring 2 visa photos.

Thanks for the replies :)

Flying is not really an option as I am looking for the cheapest option :P

What is the price for obtaining a single entry in Penang? is it the same cost as getting a double entry in Laos?

Can anyone recommend me any of those companies in Bangkok?

I am just looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, may not sty for the 6 months but would like to get 6 months just in case, but if it works out the same (ish) or only a little more to go to Penang twice instead, which seems less hassle, then I may do that but my gut tells me the single entry will not be much cheaper.

We both only have one double entry tourist visa on this trip, we returned to the UK for over a year after the last trip.

The single tourist visa cost is about the same everywhere at 1,000 baht but due to exchange rate will be a bit more in Penang I believe (but no visa cost of most would more than make up for it). There is inexpensive and good bus or train service there, as well as van and share taxi between there and Hat Yai.

No trains from Phuket !

The simplest way to travel to Penang is by using one of the visa run services.

About 4000 bht including hotel and some meals but excluding the visa cost.

A quick google of "Phuket visa run to Penang" will bring up the companies who offer the service.

Just for information !

A single entry tourist visa costs 1000 bht and a double 2000 bht !

Same cost everywhere +/- depending on exchange rates.

Flights to Udon from Phuket with Air Asia about 4000bht pp return

I have no info re buses/trains sorry !

Edited by jrtmedic

Hi thanks for all the replies...

So I think in the long term the best option for us will be to go to Laos and get the double entry rather than making two expensive trips.

Can anyone give any advice on how we would do it if we were to do it by ourselves? rather than go with a tour company and a rough idea of costs?

Also any recommendations for budget places to stay in Laos?

I know it goes something like get a bus to bkk, then a bus to udon thani?, then a bus over into laos? or do we need to get a taxi somewhere in between...

Looking for the cheapest way but also hassle free too...i.e. if it costs a bit more to save a lot of hassle doing something rather than something else then I would love to hear your suggestions. However flying and things like that are not in our price range. Just thinking it may be easier to go straight from BKK and onwards, we would get to BKK early am, so if we went with a tour company we would have to wait until the pm to go. Would rather just get it out of the way.

Cheers

Flight to Udon often as cheap as other travel. If bus or train go all the way to border at Nong Khaki.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Really? which airline? if this is the case and the difference is only around 500 bhat or something like that I would rather pay the extra.

A bus to BKK just below 700 bhat and i'm assuming from there to the border about the same?

Please let me know which airline and I will check it out, but how about the cost also from the airport to Vientienne?

Thanks

I think it is $35 but they extra for OT so best to have a little extra.

Check Nok and Air Asia. AA gives the lowest if you can purchase in advance or they have specials going.

For Nok check for Vientiane. It is a fly/bus service via Udon.

Edited by ubonjoe

Thanks.

Yeah I checked those ones already but have to go to BKK first and the cheapest flights are just below 2thou one way so don't think the buses will come to that much in total from BKK. I should have booked in advance really I know but I thought we would still be in bangkok now.

So gonna have to bus it then I guess :(

affordable ambition? i'm not sure what this means? you mean can I afford to stay in Thailand? not really lol but I will stay as long as possible which means living and doing things like this in the cheapest way possible. I don't need luxuries like a lot of people just only have the need to make the most of my time here, have the experience I am aiming for and to only go home when I have to. This is my last trip in Thailand, after this I have to go home and grow up....trying to avoid for as long as I can so want to stretch my money if I can.....in other words "kii nok" I think is the correct term for me ha ha

Also is there a time that you need to cross the border before? or can you cross any time but after 5pm they charge over time or something? thanks

Bridge closes at 10 pm. Best to get there by 9.

I think it is $1 more after 5 and weekends.

After flying IMO taking a overnight train in sleeper is the best. Done it in 2nd class sleeper to and from Bangkok to Ubon. Suggest you get tickets ahead of time because they sell out early.

Edited by ubonjoe