Shipping a motorcycle in Thailand?

buck99

What the post office wanted from me was a copy of my passport and a copy of my Green Book. Maybe the papers from your dealer will work but you should go to the post office where you live and check on it.

Have a question, what paperwork will you need for the Post office ? Thinking about buying a new CRF 250 in Chiang Rai and having shipped to Koh Chang . Will have no green book, just papers from dealer and will be paying cash. Any issues ??

Did you try asking the dealer about transportation?

They have a lot of connections + they deal with transporters

They might make you a good deal if you hang it over their head that

you want to cash them out on one but need help on the delivery

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 8/13/2013 at 7:11 PM, poanoi said:

It would ease my pain on going to vientienne for visa for sure,

i cant stand the greedy taxi drivers there.

Whats the cost of bringing over a bike into Laos for a few days ?

i really dont mind spending a few thousand baht extra as long as its for a good cause,

like denying the taxi mafia any money

Some paperwork - Carnet de passage from Thai Authorities? And has to be in your name the bike 

On 8/13/2013 at 8:28 PM, koo said:

If i had a Ninja 650 or a Z1000 I would not even think about shipping the bike; I would ride it myself. 750-1000 km a day should not be any problem for a larger bike. For a smaller scooter I would maybe take a 2-3 day road trip.

What kind of motorcyclists are you all anyway? facepalm.gif

To drive from Phuket to Udon Thani is fun until after Ranong - reaching the main Highway - than it is about 1000+ km nearly straight - no fun lot traffic and threw or around Bangkok - no fun for me - using up the tires and engine and gasoline for no fun - 

With the 400 CBR Honda and high revs nearly 20 years old also not - 

I drive Udon Thani - Chiang Mai - in  2 days - I not so young anymore and 400 km a day enough for my ass and my hands - go around Chiang Rai - Mae Sai - Pua - Nan that is fun - with Honda CB 650 F and go mountains and hills and winding roads - not eating 750 - 1000 km a day on Highways OMG lol ha ha 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2013 at 10:35 PM, DGIE said:

Do you plan to send the motorcycle within Thailand?

Why don't you ride on it and it is exciting to travel with motorcycle?

No fun 1.500+ km on main Highways to reach your destination sometimes - in Europe they have trains with cars and motorbikes on it bring you over night to your desired destination to the Alps ????

On 8/14/2013 at 2:58 AM, bbradsby said:

Dude, ride it don't ship it. You'll remember the trip your whole life.

Depends where you have to bring the bike - I go more times with car Udon Thani - Province - Phuket and to Koh Samui and back and would not like these trips by motorbike - endless highways - no fun - but Udon Thani - Chiang Mai - 780 km - that is a good piece of transfer road to reach Thailand motorbike heaven in North ????

On 8/14/2013 at 4:02 PM, Tiffer said:

Seconded!!

Ninja 650 Bangkok - Chiang Mai 10hrs coffee1.gif

Fuel... 1,500 ish

Get up early....

Strap on a bag...

Ride it!!

Enjoy it!!

Oh... avoid highway 11 because the corrugated concrete vibrates your bits to pieces cheesy.gif

Hmm....

PO queue / packing / hassle at both ends might take 4 hrs? plus the cost of postage and transport to/from the PO without your bike.

Cost / time of getting your good self to Chiang Mai... a lot!

PS... If travelling with your partner... send them on the bus with your bags clap2.gif

If the road is most times good as Udon - Chiang Mai OK ????

On 8/23/2013 at 11:39 AM, yougivemebaby said:

I have shipped my ATV from Wanoniwat Post office (Between Sakhon Nahkorn and Udon Thani) and it was 6,000 baht! The closest train station was Udon at over 120 KM away. So that was the best option but now i want the train!.

There is a train in Thailand where you and car or motorbike can drive and GI same time - same in Europe? I would be surprised 

On 8/14/2013 at 4:02 PM, Tiffer said:

Seconded!!

Ninja 650 Bangkok - Chiang Mai 10hrs coffee1.gif

Fuel... 1,500 ish

Hmm....

PO 

Cost / time of getting your good self to Chiang Mai... a lot!

The cost with self driving -

about 4 Baht the km -

Gasoline 2

Service 0,6

Tires 1,5 Baht is for 700 km also nearly 3.000 Baht ????

5 hours ago, ALFREDO said:

There is a train in Thailand where you and car or motorbike can drive and GI same time - same in Europe? I would be surprised 

no sure but read in TV that train transport of bikes greater than 125cc has been discontinued.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2013 at 6:03 PM, ALFREDO said:

Easy done, sent my 400cc Honda Sport bike from the Post office in Patong to the Udon Thani city Post office.

Its a ccm and weight thing, paid 3.500.- Baht,

BUT I was warned by a fellow member here on Thaivisa with his Posting and made an insurance for 40.000 Baht damage possibility.

AND, it happened, shall happen often! They let the bike fall down somewhere, damaged it. I got all paid, they had been generous at the Udon Post office!

SO. make the insurance! Only, 380.- Baht it was ! thumbsup.gif

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

At least @ALFREDO replied to 7 posts from 2013 ????

I think I allowed to do that, as I was one of the people who posted information in 2013 - and never looked back since now - and wrote now back - a problem for you? Wise guy ?