England v Scotland

smokie36

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember loving the Home Internationals, and it was a mistake to end that competition. It was a great way to end the season and I loved the build up to every game against England. I remember going to Hampden in 1982, I think the crowd was touching 90,000 at Hampden. The atmosphere on the way there was just unbelievable, the stadium was bouncing and the famous Hampden Roar was heard at the kick off, then it all went Pete Tong, Coppell was on fire and we lost 2-0.

I was in the main stand and I wandered into the toilets to be met by Rod Stewart wandering out. You know that way you do a double take and think, how do I know that guy? Totally random so my claim to fame is I've been in the toilets with Rod Stewart. smile.png

Better that than with George Michael bah.gif

It will be an 2000 hrs GMT kick off . So the game will be on at 0300 in HK and 0200 in Thailand . I had better book a day off .

Its BST at the moment. biggrin.png

I must come across as , totally last century .

England should win this game, easily,? probably not, but would it surprise me if they didn't, absolutely not.

splodgysons only got one way of playing and the only way of improving that is to improve the personnel and has he?

nope

so ,,,,

England should win this game, easily,? probably not, but would it surprise me if they didn't, absolutely not.

splodgysons only got one way of playing and the only way of improving that is to improve the personnel and has he?

nope

so ,,,,

You thought that the last time we played you at Wembley.

It just won't be cricket tonight ya faggot munchers!

You know how much we love to win this one......

We, England, should be decisive in this game and run out easy winners. Hope all the youngsters get a game. I wonder though if there might be some half hearted performances across the whole international friendly fixtures.... No one wants to get injured that's for sure.

We, England, should be decisive in this game and run out easy winners. Hope all the youngsters get a game. I wonder though if there might be some half hearted performances across the whole international friendly fixtures.... No one wants to get injured that's for sure.

Perhaps Carrick or Rio might get a good wallop. biggrin.png

I wonder though if there might be some half hearted performances across the whole international friendly fixtures.... No one wants to get injured that's for sure.

A Scotland England match is different from normal friendlies. I just hope we do better than our under 21's.facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I remember loving the Home Internationals, and it was a mistake to end that competition. It was a great way to end the season and I loved the build up to every game against England. I remember going to Hampden in 1982, I think the crowd was touching 90,000 at Hampden. The atmosphere on the way there was just unbelievable, the stadium was bouncing and the famous Hampden Roar was heard at the kick off, then it all went Pete Tong, Coppell was on fire and we lost 2-0.

I was in the main stand and I wandered into the toilets to be met by Rod Stewart wandering out. You know that way you do a double take and think, how do I know that guy? Totally random so my claim to fame is I've been in the toilets with Rod Stewart. smile.png

Better that than with George Michael bah.gif

mate it wasnt the england scotland games that were the issue,always great days. it was the games like wales ireland game on a cold wet wed'day night attracting 5ooo or less people that were an issue, add that to EVERY MANAGER and club bitching bout losing and getting players injured AT the time the fa made the right decision. I'm sure hodgson would luv it to return but dont think the prem clubs would be into it.

• Like 1

nope

so ,,,,

You thought that the last time we played you at Wembley.

It just won't be cricket tonight ya faggot munchers!

You know how much we love to win this one......

you''l be crying into your scotch porridge oats 2 moro am scots boybiggrin.png , and when your demorolised players sulk of bac to various B lg's, actually i was gonna say don't expect sympathy, but we're bigger than that, beating a small team like Scotland aint a biggieclap2.gif

Edited by rijit

Perhaps Carrick or Rio might get a good wallop. Posted Image

Funny as <deleted>.... Could be a loyal spurs fan hoping for all the best early season, or smokes, you could be wresting with thistles in yer ear?

Well Ian its an insane time to play this game cos Scotland will never treat this as a friendly.

It will be win at all costs and a frantic pace throughout.

Luckily Defoe is now third choice striker. tongue.png

he'll be on for the last 20 mins to

gleefully finish you off, no worries!! rolleyes.gif