Is this fair and just?

Cousinjohn

This is interesting

The OP has this morning edited his post removing the statement that his cousin wanted his lifelong friend and tenant in common to receive the property.l

The OP needs to explain himself.

You can only edit a post for 15 minutes after you first post it. It's not possible to edit it hours later.

• Like 1

You can only edit a post for 15 minutes after you first post it. It's not possible to edit it hours later.

I stand corrected, the edit was as per below

(Edited by Lite Beer, Today, 09:12 )

It seems the OP asked a moderator to edit his post.

Perhaps that was easier than explaining his post himself.

Eitherway, he has not explained what the problem was and his inability to make a simple case here on TV does not bode well for any legal challenge.

Best of luck OP ... You are going to need it.

This is interesting

The OP has this morning edited his post removing the statement that his cousin wanted his lifelong friend and tenant in common to receive the property.l

Only one possible way comes to mind.

I stand corrected, the edit was as per below

(Edited by Lite Beer, Today, 09:12 )

It seems the OP asked a moderator to edit his post.

Perhaps that was easier than explaining his post himself.

Eitherway, he has not explained what the problem was and his inability to make a simple case here on TV does not bode well for any legal challenge.

Best of luck OP ... You are going to need it.

The post was edited to remove a non standard font.

"Edited by Lite Beer, Today, 02:12 .

Oversize font reset to normal. Please do not post using overly large font."

Thank you so much for all your replies.

Judging by some of your replies I now realise that I have not made myself as crystal clear as I thought.

So, a bit of clarification..............

My cousin was perfectly clear about the law and understood that "Tenants in Common" meant that his share of the property would revert to his estate

and the disposal of same would be either subject to a Will or in the absence of that would revert to next of kin eg his brother.

If he had intended to leave the property to his "friend" then they would have bought it as "joint tenants".

Indeed to be scrupulously fair it may yet turn out that that is the case but to date we have not as a family been able to view either the probably spurious Will

or documents relating to the purchase. Nor has the "friend" offered this as an explanation.

If indeed it turns out that the purchase was in "joint tenant" basis then there is no argument.

We just feel as a family that we are entitled to know the true basis of the passing of this property.

A property which has passed to a third party who has not bothered to register it in his name for three years! Would anybody in their right mind leave it that long if they were legitimately entitled to it?, and, if this is the case why avoid relatives when it would be so much simpler to supply a copy of the Will to them, at which time the matter would be closed. Nobody in the family is looking for anything they are not entitled to. If this were the case we would not have supplied a Death Certificate to the "friend".

One can only assume that there is something to hide here.

Come on "friend" just be open and honest about this very secret and shady affair.

Cousinjohn

i think its the family who are trying to be shady,

its you who keeps changing your story,

you and the family see a way of making a quick pound or two,,

What do you mean by 'its you who keeps changing your story',

Please explain as I cannot see any story changes.

This is interesting

ok,, read all the posts not just mine

This is interesting

ok,, read all the posts not just mine

Why would the OP state" his cousin wanted his lifelong friend and tenant in common to receive the property."

and then deny it by now saying:

"My cousin was perfectly clear about the law and understood that "Tenants in Common" meant that his share of the property would revert to his estate

and the disposal of same would be either subject to a Will or in the absence of that would revert to next of kin eg his brother."

The most obvious explanation is that GuestHouse misread the original post. If not that, he is intentionally trying to sabotage this attempt of a family to see a copy of their member's Will.

Put yourself in a family's position where you cannot view a Will (probably hand written) made by one of your deceased members.

I cannot see any reason for the OP to have 'changed his story"

I totally agree with Rak sa_ngop, i.e., GuestHouse must have misread the OP or he/she might be the "friend" and is trying to sabotage this stream.

I also agree that this mysteriously-found-3-years-later Will is the key. If/when this is ever produced then this entire matter can be resolved. A will in Thailand can be handwritten, in which case witnesses are not required. Additionally, for 100 pounds you can get a handwriting analysis performed in London to authenticate. On the other hand, if it is typed and signed then there must be 2 witnesses, in which case these witnesses could be contacted to verify their signatures and location at the time of witnessing. If it turns out that this is not a true and valid will, then a criminal act has been perpetrated in acquiring the property and a criminal investigation should be initiated.

I totally agree with Rak sa_ngop, i.e., GuestHouse must have misread the OP or he/she might be the "friend" and is trying to sabotage this stream.

It might be an idea to sit back and read the forum for a while before you start insulting long established and well respected posters like Guesthouse. After all he's been a Thaivisa member for 9 years whereas you've been here less than a day. I see your username starts with a 'j'. No relation to the OP are you?

none of us missread the post at the start of this,

its now gone so we cant prove what was writen,

but we no what was writen, i and many more on here read it, you can try and back track all you like, but you wrote what you wrote, end of story,,

because this is just what it is a story,

so its good night from me