Name your suggested non-dessert SPLURGE dish at a Pattaya restaurant!

Jingthing

Sukishi

That is not the place I was referring to. The one I was referring to has both charcoal and the option to use the hot pot at the table and in on the 5th floor right next to the festival department store.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sliced beef you BBQ yourself on a heavy cast iron plate at Khor Khun beside FairTex on Pattaya Nua.

The meat is from a single ranch that makes quality Thai beef (I know - a non-sequitur) . Plates run from 120-180 baht each and two should do it for a good appetite. The paleron is the best cut, melts in your mouth. I'll be there this weekend again now that you made me think about it.

I have taken literally dozens of people there, farang from all over and Thais and every one has raved about it. It has good Isaan food as well for the non beef lovers. It is my "go to spot" when I want to entertain someone or just treat myself

• Like 2

try Ninja Mokhata Buffet, motorbike taxi will take u..

u pay like 300-400 per person, no time limit

selfservice

u got grill on ur table, and big grill u can give them to grill for u what u want

rock lobsters awailable, fish, sea food pork beef, quite good smile.png

Can you be more specific with the location than "motorbike taxi will take you". My family lives on the darkside and has a car and could hardly get around on motorbike taxis.

This place sounds great and I'd like to give it a go sometime.

try Ninja Mokhata Buffet, motorbike taxi will take u..

u pay like 300-400 per person, no time limit

selfservice

u got grill on ur table, and big grill u can give them to grill for u what u want

rock lobsters awailable, fish, sea food pork beef, quite good smile.png

Can you be more specific with the location than "motorbike taxi will take you". My family lives on the darkside and has a car and could hardly get around on motorbike taxis.

This place sounds great and I'd like to give it a go sometime.

Ninja has several locations in Pattaya, the best one is IMO the one on third road near Pattaya Nua, almost opposite the golf range (a bit further down).

• Like 1

Beef beef beef - all you can grill and eat - 499 Baht - A.K.A Central festival - even though have to do 2 additional hours of gym after having been there

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

where would that be, or is there a restaurant called beef beef beef ?

AKA restaurant, 5th floor inside Central festival, 2nd road side. You order he beef you like and grill it on the charcoal table grill.

Never been there, maybe I give it a try.

Are there beef cuts available with fat or is it only lean meat?

They have both, some lean and some with fat. As mentioned in another post, seafood, fish, vegi also available, but i like vegetables best once they passed the animals... :D

Beef beef beef - all you can grill and eat - 499 Baht - A.K.A Central festival - even though have to do 2 additional hours of gym after having been there

where would that be, or is there a restaurant called beef beef beef ?

AKA restaurant, 5th floor inside Central festival, 2nd road side. You order he beef you like and grill it on the charcoal table grill.

Not sure if the name you posted is correct but there was a place the wife and I would frequent on 5th floor at festival next to the festival dept store.  Has a Japanese look to it and you have charcoal grill at the table.  Price was 399thb all you can eat ++.  They had many different cuts of beef, both imported and local.  They also had seafood (I'm not seafood guy personally).  Pork and chick also on the menu.  You fill out a little paper with what you want and they come bring you more.  They also have a soup pot addon you can get or can just order off the menu and skip the all you can eat part.

I agree it's a treat and the wife and I would go there and get stuffed.  Might have to make a visit there this weekend since it's been a while since we splurged on eating out.

That's the one, yes. Name is correct, at least according to Internet...

Not sure about 399/499 price, bit I think to remember that the 499 menu has some more choices, but both are a great price for all yoi csn eat. Just recall that they have a time limit with the menu, either 60 or 90 minutes, then they charge more. And tax is on top of price.

Sukishi

That is not the place I was referring to.  The one I was referring to has both charcoal and the option to use the hot pot at the table and in on the 5th floor right next to the festival department store.

They actually are side by side. AKA has charcoal grill, Sukishi iron grill with water around the grill to boil vegies.

The quality and freshness at Nang Nual Seafood on walkin street has gone down a bit, but their western style cooking is a guilty pleasure for me, not sophisticated, but the way they au-gratin every dish from Scallops to Lobster/Crayfish with butter, cream and cheap cheese is something you can't get at 'Thai' seafood joint that might have fresher stuff like Preecha in Bang Saray.

By the way, can any of you recommend other Walking street seafood joint that can do 'western' style seafood with sauces and stuff?

I can't take too much chillies, and I especially can't get used to the Thai seafood sauce, often when I go to the seafood restaurants with other people I'm reduced to eating the plain grilled seafood, which although I can taste the freshness, can be bland, the stir fry stuff with Nap Prik Pao is fine, but the grilled stuff that you're supposed to dip with the green chilly dipping sauce thing is beyond me.

Superstar with Cheese from Carl's Jnr.

Portobello Mushroom Burger there is quite good, the price makes it hotel-worthy but that's made up by the view out on the balcony.

For burgers treat, Burger King and the defunct Mos Burger used to do it for me but now it's Carl's Junior everytime. (Heard good things about the Marriott too, but seems like too much of an occasion to go there for a burger)

To clarify again,

SPLURGE does not need to be

.... super expensive

or

... super high calorie

or

... super rare or hard to find

or

... served at a fancy hiso place

It's personal to you what a food splurge is in Pattaya.

Just please no desserts ...

Edited by Jingthing

Sukishi

That is not the place I was referring to. The one I was referring to has both charcoal and the option to use the hot pot at the table and in on the 5th floor right next to the festival department store.

They actually are side by side. AKA has charcoal grill, Sukishi iron grill with water around the grill to boil vegies.

AKA is indeed very nice. The setting is a BBQ/grill in the middle of the table, in the same way that Sukishi has a soup bowl. You order meats, fish, veggies and sides from a menu, and they bring in the raw produce on small plastic plates like in MK, but it's an all-you-can-eat-at-a-fixed-price setup. It's a little more expensive than Sukishi, I think between 400-500 baht, soft drinks included. There's a special deal if you have a True member card.

To clarify again,

SPLURGE does not need to be

.... super expensive

or

... super high calorie

or

... super rare or hard to find

or

... served at a fancy hiso place

It's personal to you what a food splurge is in Pattaya.

Just please no desserts ...

Anywhere in Patts that do my favourite mucky fat butties ?

thumbsup.gif

I had to Google that to understand what it was, seems to be lard on bread? You can buy both in Friendship and make your own. Don't forget to book a checkup at the cardio clinic.

Yeah taste is personal. I would pay a decent sum to NOT have to eat such a meal!

Sliced beef you BBQ yourself on a heavy cast iron plate at Khor Khun beside FairTex on Pattaya Nua.

The meat is from a single ranch that makes quality Thai beef (I know - a non-sequitur) . Plates run from 120-180 baht each and two should do it for a good appetite. The paleron is the best cut, melts in your mouth. I'll be there this weekend again now that you made me think about it.

I have taken literally dozens of people there, farang from all over and Thais and every one has raved about it. It has good Isaan food as well for the non beef lovers. It is my "go to spot" when I want to entertain someone or just treat myself

Thanks for that review, been past it a few times, never tried, does seem to have a good rep and notice plenty of Thais eating there.

Do you happen to know what time it stays open until ?

Thanks for that review, been past it a few times, never tried, does seem to have a good rep and notice plenty of Thais eating there.

They have a pretty good rep with everyone I know, all the locals (farang and Thai) I have taken there have gone back and been satisfied. Usually there are more Thais than farang there even though it is a bit expensive by Thai standards, you will see lots of couples and family groups there.

I always go early, I don't think I have ever arrived after 5:30pm, so I am not sure about the closing time.

• Like 1

They have a pretty good rep with everyone I know, all the locals (farang and Thai) I have taken there have gone back and been satisfied. Usually there are more Thais than farang there even though it is a bit expensive by Thai standards, you will see lots of couples and family groups there.

I always go early, I don't think I have ever arrived after 5:30pm, so I am not sure about the closing time.

Took Mrs Conners there tonight for a spontaneous dinner.

As suggested we had the Paleron and 3 other choices. The meat was a single layer of very thinly sliced meat on a small plate, I'm guessing 50-60 g meat per plate tops. Nothing wrong with the meat, when it's cut that thin even I think any meat is chewable. The only condiments offered was a spicy but otherwise unassuming Thai sauce. Sides of som tam and two large Leo beer. A small basket with 3 pieces of cucumber, 4 pieces of bean and a bit of cabbage. Total price just over 600 baht not including the tip.

At this time we decided we'd tried it and opted to pass by the local noodle shop to fill up. It wasn't a disaster, the setting is nice, al fresco although there is a constant exit of tourist buses on Soi 6 just next to the restaurant, and of course Pattaya Nua is also quite noisy. Considering there were a few cats sleeping on the floor here and there, we were quite surprised to see a couple of guinea pig sized rats running around under the tables.

So, bottom line, it was an experience, but I don't think we will be going again. If you like to BBQ at the table I recommend AKA in Central.

post-1539-0-55526900-1376843069_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Paleron is a new term to me. It is also known as lifter steak .. whatever. From the shoulder.

It's a CHEAPER cut of beef and apparently rarely found at American butchers.

It's USUALLY a braising meat rather than a grilling meat (sounds tricky to do it right).

In this link, it rates at the TOP of the CHEAP cuts. Okie Dokie!

The Blade is truly an overlooked gem.

http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/meats/beef/best-value-steak-cuts.asp

Edited by Jingthing

Paleron is the French name, where it is widely used for stewing. In the UK this shoulder cut is properly called blade steak and is also normally used for stewing.

If you cut it thinly and bash it with a tenderiser then it makes a reasonable minute steak and I suspect that it is often served that way in Thailand.

If US butchers dont have it under that name then maybe they just call it "stewing steak", as they often do in the UK.

I had to Google that to understand what it was, seems to be lard on bread? You can buy both in Friendship and make your own. Don't forget to book a checkup at the cardio clinic.

Yeah taste is personal. I would pay a decent sum to NOT have to eat such a meal!

Best (and cheapest) aphrodisiac known to man thumbsup.gif

Maybe of the topic a bit, but I will tell you the guy operating the chicken rotisserie off of soi 5 on Jomtien beach road has consistently had the best chicken I've tasted. the white meat is always very tender and juicy. A whole chicken is 125 baht and you can buy a half for 63 baht combine that with a pack of sticky rice 10 baht and some papaya aor 20 baht you have got some easy cheap eating.

Maybe of the topic a bit, but I will tell you the guy operating the chicken rotisserie off of soi 5 on Jomtien beach road has consistently had the best chicken I've tasted. the white meat is always very tender and juicy. A whole chicken is 125 baht and you can buy a half for 63 baht combine that with a pack of sticky rice 10 baht and some papaya aor 20 baht you have got some easy cheap eating.

is that western-spiced chicken instead of thai-style sugar+msg ?

If so, I'd be a taker.

nam king ( toasted saseme seeds with sugar in a rice flower ball floating in ginger water)

Don't be surprised when you order "Nam King" and only get a teacup full of ginger tea though

Worse, you could get a bucket full of ice

The actual name of the dish in Thai is "Bua Loi Nam King"

• Like 1