American man walks into Phuket police station, stabs self

webfact

American walks into Phuket police station, stabs self
Tanyaluk Sakoot

ps11.jpg

Chalong Police Station. Photo: Google

PHUKET: -- A 30-year-old American was last night (August 14) recovering in hospital after a bizarre incident in Chalong Police Station.

Police, who withheld the American’s name, said the man walked in at about 8pm claiming that someone was following him. They asked for his passport and discovered that he had overstayed his permit to stay by a year.

They put him in the police station cells to await transfer to Immigration for processing.

While they were not looking, however, the American stabbed himself three times in the throat with something short but sharp. Bleeding heavily, he was taken for treatment to Vachira Phuket Hopsital, where he remains under police guard.

Police have been unable to find the weapon the American used to stick himself with, but believe it may have been a sliver of porcelain from the sink or toilet in the cell.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/american-walks-into-phuket-police-station-stabs-self-41424.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-08-15

So soiling your trousers doesn't get you stamped "crazy" anymore? I had better stop.

Yeah, 3 hots and a cot are hard to earn these days I guess....better chance if you are working in Phuket with a permit valid in Bangkok!(remember?)

Most places con college can be had for threatening to jump off a bridge....

Maybe I am wrong, but:

the man walked in at about 8pm claiming that someone was following him

While they were not looking, however, the American stabbed himself three times in the throat with something short but sharp.

- isn't it possible that the person who was following him stabbed him (while the police weren't looking) ????

Possile, it is haunted. The one following him is not human, eiiiiiiii call the monk......

• Like 2

Maybe I am wrong, but:

the man walked in at about 8pm claiming that someone was following him

While they were not looking, however, the American stabbed himself three times in the throat with something short but sharp.

- isn't it possible that the person who was following him stabbed him (while the police weren't looking) ????

Maybe there was a faulty balcony in the cell.

• Like 1

An interesting part in the article is that police was not watching.

That's very strange, because police never watch cells, so why bring up something that does not exist?

He was obviously not serched properly.

They can't admit to placing him in the cell with a weapon, so, it had to be the porcelain whilst they were not looking.

Edited by NamKangMan

Compassion from posters seems to be lacking for this unfortunate souls situation. I won't speculate on the why and what, but I hope he is repatriated to his home country to take of care of whatever delivered him to this unfortunate condition.

• Like 2

.....I swear....I have to ask.....was anyone else in the cell with him.........

.......'suicide attempt in a jail cell' according to the other Thai criminals with him at the time....????....could it be...???

...luckily there were no balconies in the near vicinity...

Sounds like a drug induced psychosis.

Strange to have porcelain in the gaol cells.

I have to ask about your knowledge that they do not use porcelain in jail cells. How would you know this? Personal experience? lol

Lots of conspiracy theories here but the likely story is that this man is mentally ill and paranoid and walks into the police station for help. They put him in a cell without searching him first and he tries to take his own life. I hope he has loved ones that can get him the help that he needs if my scenario is true.