Thai Police can file transfer requests on new police website

webfact

NEW WEBSITE
Police can file transfer requests on new police website

Kwanhatai Malaikarn
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Royal Thai Police have launched a website where police officers can file requests if they wish to be transferred to a particular area, deputy police commissioner General Somyot Poompanmoung said.

"This should boost their morale," he said Thursday.

Somyot said that in his 35 years in service he had witnessed several officers losing heart when they could not get transferred to their home provinces.

"Some want to go back to their hometowns to take care of their parents," he said, pointing out that low morale could also affect efficiency at work.

The new website will serve as a forum via which police officers can list their desirable posting and their current position so their transfers can be arranged ahead of the reshuffle.

"Both sides will have to inform their supervising units," Somyot explained.

He went on to say that while the website was designed to help officers get transferred to places they want, it had no authority to interfere with supervisors' decision.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-15

The new website will serve as a forum via which police officers can list their desirable posting and their current position

And how much they've contributed to their current bosses "Mia Noi's New Mini Cooper and Condo in Asoke" fund.

Ideas like this can only arise when brainless people having to much time and exploring the wonders of the Net!cheesy.gif

es → de
von
Präposition: von, aus, ab, über, wegen, mit, auf, vor, an, bei
Konjunktion: als, wenn, weil
Adverb: daran, darauf, dran, drauf

How many of them know anything about the internet?

Possibly they know more than some think,

Some web use here is world class. I just saw my neice register for the enterance exams to university and that website was well designed and worked seamlessly. Of course there is a lot of rubish too.

Sorry to say but what relation has this got to members of this forum ?Or a boring day at the news desk ? As we can see by the womans cow story .

Actualy I find it interesting. It is a part of Thailand most of us do not see very much. Helps us to understand the environment we live in. Of course for a tourist or someone who lives in bars it may nt be of interest.

• Like 2

The new website will serve as a forum via which police officers can list their desirable posting and their current position so their transfers can be arranged ahead of the reshuffle.

I wonder if the "vacant" positions will have a price tag on them, since the main goal of changing positions within the Thai police force is getting a more lucrative tea money position

Its just another silly announcement to keep the real problems out of sight.

When was rice last mentioned in the news?

Correct. And when was Amnesty Bill last mentioned. Pisit and the rest of the keystone cops seem to be providing all the necessary distractions.

Well the 'new' computer system is just begging for the Thai 'chapter' of 'anonymous' to file police transfers for 60 000 BiB !

• Like 1

hold on ppl .. I was a copper in the met police and I was not married when I joined I could have been sent anywhere in the met area with no choice unlike a married person (this was 1975) I have a nephew through my thai wife (he is good as gold) who wants to be a copper here. I have been told they only have a 5 year window to join 22ish to 28ish but he is worried as to where he will be sent to as he is a single guy .so this post make's sense to me but in the UK money was not not involved.as ppl assume here..

• Like 2

hold on ppl .. I was a copper in the met police and I was not married when I joined I could have been sent anywhere in the met area with no choice unlike a married person (this was 1975) I have a nephew through my thai wife (he is good as gold) who wants to be a copper here. I have been told they only have a 5 year window to join 22ish to 28ish but he is worried as to where he will be sent to as he is a single guy .so this post make's sense to me but in the UK money was not not involved.as ppl assume here..

Well, just how have your investigative reasoning powers led you to state that people assume here that money was involved in police postings in the UK? Furthermore you cannot equate you being posted anywhere in the 'Met area', with a guy here who could be posted to the deep South of Thailand. 1975 England was a little different to the situation here, though granted 2013 London does have some areas that one could liken to the deep South of Thailand.

By the way, If your nephew is as 'good as gold' then perhaps he needs to reconsider his career choice because 'good as gold' and 'Thai Policeman' are not well suited in terms of potential career advancement.

Well, just how have your investigative reasoning powers led you to state that people assume here that money was involved in police postings in the UK? Furthermore you cannot equate you being posted anywhere in the 'Met area', with a guy here who could be posted to the deep South of Thailand. 1975 England was a little different to the situation here, though granted 2013 London does have some areas that one could liken to the deep South of Thailand.

By the way, If your nephew is as 'good as gold' then perhaps he needs to reconsider his career choice because 'good as gold' and 'Thai Policeman' are not well suited in terms of potential career advancement.

gentlemanjim.. he lost 2 friends to yaba (because they would not buy) and he hates drugs.he wants to join to become a drug cop and it is not for the money..

• Like 2

gentlemanjim.. he lost 2 friends to yaba (because they would not buy) and he hates drugs.he wants to join to become a drug cop and it is not for the money..

Geezer2, I hope your nephew every success in his desire to be drug cop for all the right reasons, my uncle was a cop in Australia, he was killed by members of a drug ring he was investigating. IMO illicit drug makers and dealers are among the lowest forms of life that slither across this planet. I hope your nephew has a long and distinguished carreer as a campaigner in the war on drugs.

• Like 1

I also got the impression that officers could work out a trade between themselves as long as their commanders

agreed and THAT is a cool system when (as noted in the article) there is a necessity to care for family or any other

untold amount of situations. So many here are focused on the mordita angle which (of course) can be viable but

there are alot more scenarios that can be taken into consideration. I think, well done clap2.gif