My Planned estimated monthly budget for Thailand

kscott

I can't believe the bitter, insulting, "mine is bigger than yours" posting on here.

If a guy really wants to be in LOS and 45k is the limit, more power to him. I do hope he has a nest egg for emergencies including medical emergencies. But who's to say he doesn't and won't spend it? There are a lot of English teachers somehow surviving on around 30k and working hard for it. They must really want to be in LOS and more power to them.

You guys who boast about 80k or 100k crack me up. My nut in the US is 300,000k baht and I'm fully retired, and my home is paid for. In addition to that, I make trips to LOS about twice a year and I have no idea what that is, monthly. I do know that I spent April in LOS and my round trip airfare from the US, bought at the last minute was $2,500 (80,000 baht at the time) and the first thing I did was to rent a car from Avis for 30,000 baht for 4 weeks. So there's 110,000 baht before I get away from the airport. Then I spent every night in a hotel traveling so I could see Isaan. I ate every meal in a restaurant without looking around for good deals, and bought gas for the car. I brought an Isaan friend a new laptop which I paid for. It was a gift.

I suspect my total expenses in April were 500,000 baht because my expenses in the US didn't stop. Gardener for my big landscaping, housekeeper, utilities including cable TV and internet, home heating, taxes, insurance - all ongoing.

I admire guys who are adventurous enough to move to LOS on 40 - 45k and live in an apartment. Sometimes they get their internet and cable TV included. Many rent for less than 10k. Some much less. Who am I to say they aren't enjoying their lives, especially compared to what that money would do for them in their home country. And then there are the Thai women. And there is so much more for some including a drastic change in weather.

I say live and let live, without all of the nasty insults. Many retired people don't have anything close to 45k per month and can't manage to be in LOS. Maybe they are back home living with relatives.

If someone can manage to coast in LOS on any decent level, more power to him.

Please stop the hating.

didn't you state before that youre total sum of social security checks or retirement fund you get from the usa was a whopping total of 80.000 baht or you have won the jackpot or you are living way beyond youre means.

In another thread, someone mistakenly said that US SS checks (deposits in my case) are about $1,400 per month. I corrected the poster and said that mine are about $2,500 which was about 80k baht. They can vary from -0- to about $2,500 depending on how much you paid in, which depends on what income bracket you were in over a course of years. $2500, roughly, is the max.

I never said that was all the money or investments or income I have. I spoke only about Social Security checks.

I have a friend who is worth about $100 million US dollars. His income from investments is about $6 million per year. He still loves to get his $2500 each month because he has paid Soooooo much in income taxes over the years. thumbsup.gif

But in the end ,dont say thailand is cheaper for you,because youre talking out of youre arse ....

And that lady teacher friend of yours who earns 30.000 baht per month and is living way beyond her means is living on your means ,i 500.000 for a holiday and such in april ,are you starting a new country there or what?yes and the boss from microsoft also likes his social security checks.

You really need some lessons in reading comprehension before you state what I wrote. I said that all in, including my nut in the US and my trip to LOS, I probably spent about 500k in April. I actually didn't keep track of what I spent in LOS.

My teacher friend earns 30k pm and bought a new house on the new house scheme, a new pickup on the new car scheme, has a credit card and a smartphone and can barely afford to eat. What does that have to do with whether an expat, staying out of debt and budgeting carefully, can live on 45K?

I'll say it one more time. If 45k is all someone has, and I hope he also has savings for medical emergencies, etc., and wants to live in LOS, he could do it just as easily as he could live on that in his Western country.

I'll also say again that I laugh at guys who boast of spending 100k pm as if that's a big deal. They shouldn't hold themselves up as better than.

Now, stop stalking me from thread to thread and misquoting me please.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In another thread, someone mistakenly said that US SS checks (deposits in my case) are about $1,400 per month. I corrected the poster and said that mine are about $2,500 which was about 80k baht. They can vary from -0- to about $2,500 depending on how much you paid in, which depends on what income bracket you were in over a course of years. $2500, roughly, is the max.

I never said that was all the money or investments or income I have. I spoke only about Social Security checks.

I have a friend who is worth about $100 million US dollars. His income from investments is about $6 million per year. He still loves to get his $2500 each month because he has paid Soooooo much in income taxes over the years. thumbsup.gif

But in the end ,dont say thailand is cheaper for you,because youre talking out of youre arse ....

And that lady teacher friend of yours who earns 30.000 baht per month and is living way beyond her means is living on your means ,i 500.000 for a holiday and such in april ,are you starting a new country there or what?yes and the boss from microsoft also likes his social security checks.

You really need some lessons in reading comprehension before you state what I wrote. I said that all in, including my nut in the US and my trip to LOS, I probably spent about 500k in April. I actually didn't keep track of what I spent in LOS.

My teacher friend earns 30k pm and bought a new house on the new house scheme, a new pickup on the new car scheme, has a credit card and a smartphone and can barely afford to eat. What does that have to do with whether an expat, staying out of debt and budgeting carefully, can live on 45K?

I'll say it one more time. If 45k is all someone has, and I hope he also has savings for medical emergencies, etc., and wants to live in LOS, he could do it just as easily as he could live on that in his Western country.

I'll also say again that I laugh at guys who boast of spending 100k pm as if that's a big deal. They shouldn't hold themselves up as better than.

Now, stop stalking me from thread to thread and misquoting me please.

a lot of perspective is lost after living in LOS for a number of years. Yes 100K/month to some here is a king's ransom salary. LOL. totally lost