Circumcision in or close to Mukdahan.

MegaRanter

So now we know the real (if rather crude) reason for the procedure being wanted.

Any general surgeon working in a private hospital would be able to undertake the procedure.

Funny, it is very rare for cut men to be unhappy about being cut.

I am happy myself. Actually very happy.

Yes in my case I feel I would have been angry with my parents if they HADN'T ordered it. I really think the cut variety is more hygienic and more aesthetically pleasing.

... I really think the cut variety is more hygienic and more aesthetically pleasing.

But just about ANYTHING starts to look good.... if you look at it long enough.

I don't think so. Some things are just nasty and you just want to turn your head away ...

... I really think the cut variety is more hygienic and more aesthetically pleasing.

But just about ANYTHING starts to look good.... if you look at it long enough.

I don't think so. Some things are just nasty and you just want to turn your head away ...

...but can't.

My old flat mate caught thrush off his girlfriend. But he was a useless bastard and didn't get it treated. Eventually it got so bad he went to the doc. Doc told him because he waited so long to get treatment the only option left is to be circumcised. He was 28yrs old.

After the operation he was in so much pain. He said he'd rather someone break both his legs. He'd wake up at night with a boner and be screaming in agony.

After a few days he got some kind of infection and had to go back to hospital. The dopped him up on morphine to help.

It was like 6 weeks before he was back in action again the poor bastard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Jingthing

So sorry to disagree but I cannot see the words " legal service" in the OP

It's implied. The procedure is legal in Thailand, is it not?

Police general hospital in patumwan bkk does it for 5k, so I think it's legal in Thailand.

It is perfectly legal.

And everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but in mine, the psychological element (ensuring the boy will not look "different" from other boys where he grows up, wherever that may be) is certainly worth considering.

Any hospital can do this procedure, usually a pediatrician would do it.

This thread is not about the pros and cons of circumcision. If you really feel the need to discuss this, start another thread.

The OP asked for a referral close to Mukdahan.

If you could provide this info, please do so.

Do not know the area, but perhaps can contact a Rabbi in BKK and pay for his way down/up to perform it

I doubt there are enough Jewish baby boys born in Thailand to require a mohel resident in Thailand.

A mohel is a specially trained person in Jewish ritual circumcision. That is not the same thing as a Rabbi. For people walking around thinking everyone who looks like a Rabbi is a mohel, sorry to burst your bubble.

A non-Jew would not be wanting a mohel anyway. They'd be wanting a surgeon at a hospital!

Jingthing

So sorry to disagree but I cannot see the words " legal service" in the OP

It's implied. The procedure is legal in Thailand, is it not?

Police general hospital in patumwan bkk does it for 5k, so I think it's legal in Thailand.

It is perfectly legal.

And everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but in mine, the psychological element (ensuring the boy will not look "different" from other boys where he grows up, wherever that may be) is certainly worth considering.

Any hospital can do this procedure, usually a pediatrician would do it.

Us boys don't inspect each others todgers biggrin.png , weeeeeeeell, some might. whistling.gif ............ laugh.png

So now we know the real (if rather crude) reason for the procedure being wanted.

Any general surgeon working in a private hospital would be able to undertake the procedure.

Of course they wouldn't know the difference, would they? They never had a choice, did they?... and then they come along to defend something they cannot change.

The hygiene reason is absurd. If a person is too lazy to clean under the foreskin, that's a dirty person and foreskin removal will not change a thing. Perhaps we could recommend circumcision for dirty people only.

It's religious nonsense.

I put it in the same category as ripping out tonsils for no good reason.

The OP had a good reason for wanting the procedure carried out on his newborn. He wants to make sure his babies are the same as him because he too didn't have a choice.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

Of course they wouldn't know the difference, would they? They never had a choice, did they?... and then they come along to defend something they cannot change.

The hygiene reason is absurd. If a person is too lazy to clean under the foreskin, that's a dirty person and foreskin removal will not change a thing. Perhaps we could recommend circumcision for dirty people only.

It's religious nonsense.

I put it in the same category as ripping out tonsils for no good reason.

I take it you're not cut. rolleyes.gif

It's not necessarily a religious thing. In my generation of Americans, the vast majority were cut. But now I think the culture has changed and its something like 50/50 for babies.

I understand the controversy, but compared to abortion, it's not such a big thing.

Edited by Jingthing

It's not necessarily a religious thing. In my generation of Americans, the vast majority were cut. But now I think the culture has changed and its something like 50/50 for babies.

Maybe I was cut and resent it.biggrin.png

Possible but unlikely.

I have doubts about that.

I ll take sheryll advice and consult with a pediatrician at mukdahan general hospital. Though two years ago the hospital staff we asked said no can do.

I have doubts about that.

I ll take sheryll advice and consult with a pediatrician at mukdahan general hospital. Though two years ago the hospital staff we asked said no can do.

It's nice to know there's a lot of sensible people in Thai hospitals. Next step, make this barbaric practice illegal in Thailand.

Its not a "minor procedure" for something like 200 babies in the USA who die, every year, as a direct result of circumcision !

Wow, I didn't know it could be fatal. If it was done purely for a nonsensical religious reason then the parents should face the charges.

Its not a "minor procedure" for something like 200 babies in the USA who die, every year, as a direct result of circumcision !

Closer to 100.

Anyway, yes, there is a tiny risk so don't circumcise YOUR baby boys.

One babies life is worth banning the daft procedure. You want a poll on that ?

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't know it could be fatal. If it was done purely for a nonsensical religious reason then the parents should face the charges.

Makes logical sense to charge the parents or even the qualified medical personnel, you are full of smart ideas. Nader wanted muscle cars banned, remember his reason?

Closer to 100.

Anyway, yes, there is a tiny risk so don't circumcise YOUR baby boys.

One babies life is worth banning the daft procedure. You want a poll on that ?

No.

Makes logical sense to charge the parents or even the qualified medical personnel, you are full of smart ideas. Nader wanted muscle cars banned, remember his reason?

Muscle cars are dispensable bits of metal, babies are born to be protected and live a happy life, NOT, be carved up for someones daft brainwashed belief. I have read it all here, oh it's for cleanliness, ha, so why don't you fix his ass too. I digress. sad.png

So tell me, has your babe got a medical problem or is it your idea. ?