Korat Hospitals

kin hell

I need to get my mouth & throat checked out, and the nearest place to me is Korat, has any one used a Korat hospital ( private if possible ) and can comment / recommend / advise if so a phone number of the hospital wood be great,

Thanks Alot ......

• 4 years later...

I've paid money for treatment at 3 private hospitals in Korat. My wife has also been treated at a Government Hospital in Korat. Bangkok Korat Hospital is a large fairly expensive hospital for "Up Country". http://www.smhkorat.com/ St. Mary's Hospital near the bus station and Makro is a good medium priced hospital where Doctors and pharmacy staff SPEAK English, although they do not all understand English. Most do read and write English. The medical services billing and pharmacy prices seem fair. This hospital is far superior in my opinion to the private hospital downtown with the very small raised parking lot. St. Mary's, check up program is far superior to the downtown Korat private hospital or the Buriram private hospital in my experience. The phone number is 044-261-261 At least one of the younger women pharmacists was educated in Las Vegas and has a genuine understanding of American English. Like most any hospital in Thailand "The Queue" is crucial and first into the queue in the first served. Sunday my wife and I stopped for a 7a.m. blood test, were put in a queue to see a Doctor for a 10a.m. "appointment" and sure enough at 10:25a.m. we were the first patients called. While a Thai nurse at many hospitals does not understand or speak English very well, they can tell your Thai wife an appropriate time to return once you are in the "Queue" so you need not wait 3 hours in a large waiting room. St. Mary's participates in some of the Thailand Government social medicine programs and is very busy but NOTHING like a Government hospital.

I visited SM Hospital in May of this year. I live in Buriram province, but my wife recommended St. Mary's to me. We got there around 10am and it was busy, but I was there just over 2 hours, which included the wait for blood test results. I was very happy with the service which cost just over 1000 baht, which included a 100 baht because it was my first visit as an out patient. This is the only hospital that I have visited in Thailand, so I have nothing to compare the experince with. All I can say is that I was happy with the service and will go there in the future if required.

I went to St Mary's with an illness where there was the possibility I would need a blood transfusion. St Mary's didn't have any blood and quite openly redirected me to Bangkok Hospital. It's a business and once they find out you're paying cash and not claiming on your insurance, they will give discount on your room. They have a brochure as to which rooms they have. I didn't like the food in Bangkok hospital one little bit, every meal was cold. You get a choice of farang food or Thai. Just on the food alone, I wouldn't use it again, even if my life depended on it. It was that bad.

Edited by sinbin