Am I doing something wrong?

johnthompson

First of all I do have a thai girlfriend. She is just your basic, run-of-the-mill thai girl.

But recently I saw a post of someone that said he was dating 2-3 new girls every week. Well I do get way more attention here than I would ever get in the west but there is no way I could be dating even a single girl each month. I usually get no further than exchanging contact information and that happens very rarely too. It was by pure dumb luck that I met my current girlfriend or I would still be single. I see my thai counterparts walking with way better than what I have now and I don't get how they do it. The vibe around the boards here that this is one of the easiest things in life.

How do the thai guys do it? Honestly when people say that they are dating 2-3 new girls every week, do they use money to do that?

Learn to speak thai, talk funny and not serious tooooo much, confidence and be a charming man who decides where to go to meet each other. Depending on your targetgroup of women, some cash is handy as well. You have to know what you want. Maybe your present girlfriend can give you some advice as well !!

Thailand gives a lot of opportunities to people to fulfill their sexual needs and that is very attractive for most foreigners. Getting a thai girlfriend is a lot easier here than it is in western countries and other sexual services are easy, plentiful and cheap to get. It is also the sheer amount of positive attention that you get as a foreigner. I am always super flattered how people here treat me as if I am somehow a very important person. I would never get that kind of treatment in a western country.

Is this the same johnthompson making comment just five days ago in 'Thai people want to be born in western countries' thread?

I believe you are referring to me, I said in another thread I date 2-3 girls a week on average in BKK, and yes it's true.

Not particularly hard to do and I don't speak anything other than basic Thai nor do I pay these girls or use wealth simply because I am not wealthy (I spend 45,000B max per month all in) and my dates usually cost around 1,000B on average.

I meet girls everywhere I go, in the malls, in restaurants, in 7/11, stores, online, bars (not gogo bars or beer bars) so not hard to get chatting to women, swap numbers, and arrange dates.

I've traveled the world and lived in a few different countries and I don't know anywhere easier than Thailand.

• Like 1

Thailand gives a lot of opportunities to people to fulfill their sexual needs and that is very attractive for most foreigners. Getting a thai girlfriend is a lot easier here than it is in western countries and other sexual services are easy, plentiful and cheap to get. It is also the sheer amount of positive attention that you get as a foreigner. I am always super flattered how people here treat me as if I am somehow a very important person. I would never get that kind of treatment in a western country.

Is this the same johnthompson making comment just five days ago in 'Thai people want to be born in western countries' thread?

He is a schizo maybe ?

Good though that you have a good memory, or are you the thaivisa pi ?

Well I am not really contradicting myself. I am here for the girls and thats still way easier than in the west. I would get exactly zero attention in the west if I don't do anything. Well not the same in Thailand. I would still get attention from girls here. I do not know what kind of attention that is though. And if everything fails I could always to bars or massage parlors. Very cheap.

But I don't understand how the thai guys are getting better looking girls than me. When they are not particular more handsome, better built, better personality or wealthier than me. Or date a new girl every week.

The hottest Thai girls go for Thai guys. Period. Hang around the Thai discoteques in Ekamai and take a look at what the Thai guys are getting. Awesome. It's true for every country that they want to date their own. Nothing wrong with that. As foreigners, we are left with what the Thai guys don't want (a few exceptions, of course).

Younger foreigner guys get a lot of action, simpley because they are young and near the same age as the girls they are hitting on. Girls are attracted to that. Makes sense? Also, if you have an outgoing personality, it makes things a whole lot easier. This is true for any country, not just Thailand. It becomes a numbers game. Ask enough girls, and some will say no, and enough will say yes. Keep in mind, not all are stunners. I used to date many girls every week and just found most of them boring and unattractive. It was too much trouble.

• Like 1

But I don't understand how the thai guys are getting better looking girls than me. When they are not particular more handsome, better built, better personality or wealthier than me. Or date a new girl every week.

- maybe the Thai guys are 30y younger than you

- maybe the Thai girls are not interested in farang

- maybe the Thai guys have more to offer than you

- maybe it is only YOU who thinks that you are more handsome than the Thai guys...

• Like 1

Show confidence, smile, say Hi when they smile back. Joke about everything but show your serious about your job.

I am happily involved at the moment and i have never had 2-3 per week but I have not been single for longer than a few weeks in the last 5 years either.

"date 2-3 girls a week " &"nor do I pay these girls " & "my dates usually cost around 1,000B on average."

why go to the bother?

i find the biggest problem is beating off the monks et al.

Er, this is the weirdest post I've seen in some time.

Go to the bother of what?

Beating off monks?

Wait, forget it, please don't give any further details ....

• Like 1

"date 2-3 girls a week " &"nor do I pay these girls " & "my dates usually cost around 1,000B on average."

why go to the bother?

Er, this is the weirdest post I've seen in some time.

Go to the bother of what?

Beating off monks?

Wait, forget it, please don't give any further details ....

wise choice.

Women are attracted to confident, happy men with charm and a smile on their face. A gift of the gab goes a long way in attracting us. I think it is the same with Thai women as well as western women. Even somewhat homely men can be sexy and attractive if he is confident. Having enough money goes a long way in making a man feel attractive, but that is because he is probably successful in what he does and therefore is confident. Shy men, even if they are handsome, just don't exude confidence, and that is a put off for most women. However, pushy, aggressive men are also a put off, and I for one will quickly turn away. Someone already said that learning some Thai goes a long way in breaking down Thai barriers, but it's still a case of being happy and friendly without being pushy. All us gals like a man who flirts a bit and jokes a bit, but without being obscene.

• Like 1

Women are attracted to confident, happy men with charm and a smile on their face. A gift of the gab goes a long way in attracting us. I think it is the same with Thai women as well as western women. Even somewhat homely men can be sexy and attractive if he is confident. Having enough money goes a long way in making a man feel attractive, but that is because he is probably successful in what he does and therefore is confident. Shy men, even if they are handsome, just don't exude confidence, and that is a put off for most women. However, pushy, aggressive men are also a put off, and I for one will quickly turn away. Someone already said that learning some Thai goes a long way in breaking down Thai barriers, but it's still a case of being happy and friendly without being pushy. All us gals like a man who flirts a bit and jokes a bit, but without being obscene.

What she says +wear gold.

What she says +wear gold.

Read what I said about NOT WEARING GOLD in the mugger topic.

Gold doesn't turn me on, but a sexy, mischievous smile gets me every time. For some reason I can't explain us gals seem to fall for the happy go lucky bad guys. Maybe we just want to tame or convert them.

• Like 1

At least you're being honest--I respect that. Many delusional guys on Thaivisa still think that all Thai girls want to be with a farang. But to answer your questions:

More handsome? The pale, Chinese or Korean-look seems to be the rage. Would that be you?

Better built? Most Thai women can't stand muscle-bound guys. Even the bargirls are afraid of big, brawny guys.

Better personality? You're way, way off here. If you're witty and intelligent, but only in English, then you're not witty and intelligent. Can you charm a Thai girl using the Thai language? Then you don't have a better personality.

Wealthier? Contrary to what most say on TV, Thai girls don't care that much about money. It's more the chemistry thing. Unless they're older, unattractive, uneducated, and/or desperately poor, single mothers. Then money matters.

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 2

"date 2-3 girls a week " &"nor do I pay these girls " & "my dates usually cost around 1,000B on average."

why go to the bother?

Do they return the favour or just take a charitable donation?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah - I dont know how they find the energy either, but it isnt pretty when the 'steady' sees her Farang BF with his 'daytime girl' - the woman he spends time wining and dining while she is at work. Particularly embarrassing when it happens right in front the steady GF's friends - serious loss of face.

Well I am not really contradicting myself. I am here for the girls and thats still way easier than in the west. I would get exactly zero attention in the west if I don't do anything. Well not the same in Thailand. I would still get attention from girls here. I do not know what kind of attention that is though. And if everything fails I could always to bars or massage parlors. Very cheap.

Don't suppose you are showing too much of your delusional charisma according to your last sentence above?.....................tongue.png

At least you're being honest--I respect that. Many delusional guys on Thaivisa still think that all Thai girls want to be with a farang. But to answer your questions:

More handsome? The pale, Chinese or Korean-look seems to be the rage. Would that be you?

Better built? Most Thai women can't stand muscle-bound guys. Even the bargirls are afraid of big, brawny guys.

Better personality? You're way, way off here. If you're witty and intelligent, but only in English, then you're not witty and intelligent. Can you charm a Thai girl using the Thai language? Then you don't have a better personality.

Wealthier? Contrary to what most say on TV, Thai girls don't care that much about money. It's more the chemistry thing. Unless they're older, unattractive, uneducated, and/or desperately poor, single mothers. Then money matters.

Well that was worth reading! I agree with what you've written.

In my experience, major turn-offs for Thai women include obesity, poor personal hygiene, poor dress sense, drinking and smoking. And these traits, unfortunately, sum up very many farangs in Thailand.

What do you think about height? Do you think being tall is important? English and American girls, for example, will tell you that the ideal height for a man is between 6 foot and 6 foot two. This suits me fine in the UK, but do you think it's the same here? I've never really asked anyone about this.

why go to the bother?

If you find interacting and having fun with cute, feminine, girls a bother then I worry about you.

As I said in the other thread my dates consist of me going somewhere I already plan or want to go to anyway (a bar, restaurant, club, to see a band, mall, cinema, whatever) and inviting a girl along to join me so I'm going to these places anyway and simply getting myself some company.

How old are you? What sort of attention are you getting from girls? What type of girls are we talking about?

IME in Thailand unless you are actively seeking out regular girls (as in the non bar girl and hooker types) they won't come hunting for you even if they are interested. Too shy, not the done thing, don't want to lose face / embarrass themselves or whatever. I have to put the work in.

I wouldn't say I get attention at all so I'm curious about what sort of attention you are getting? Most people here don't give a shit about farangs or at least don't show they do even when they do like us.

The Thai girls are getting better looking girls than you because they are better than you in most Thai girls minds. You're a farang, assumed a sex tourist by most of the country, you don't speak Thai, you probably don't live here full time, girls would rather have a Thai guy who shares similar beliefs, customs, culture etc than a farang who they share little with.

In most countries in the world a girl prefers to have a local guy over a foreigner because dating a foreigner usually has a bad perception.

The hottest Thai girls go for Thai guys. Period. Hang around the Thai discoteques in Ekamai and take a look at what the Thai guys are getting. Awesome. It's true for every country that they want to date their own. Nothing wrong with that. As foreigners, we are left with what the Thai guys don't want (a few exceptions, of course).

Younger foreigner guys get a lot of action, simpley because they are young and near the same age as the girls they are hitting on. Girls are attracted to that. Makes sense? Also, if you have an outgoing personality, it makes things a whole lot easier. This is true for any country, not just Thailand. It becomes a numbers game. Ask enough girls, and some will say no, and enough will say yes. Keep in mind, not all are stunners. I used to date many girls every week and just found most of them boring and unattractive. It was too much trouble.

Indeed the young middle class Thai guys have some seriously good looking women.

I've been saying the same for ages that Farang generally get what the Thai guys don't want. It isn't always bad they just have different tastes from us on the whole.

There's always exceptions but rarely see a farang with a girl that would be considered a real stunner by a Thai guy. Even the guys paying for it are not getting Thai quality girls.

Good observations.

Most regular Thai girls love Koreans at the moment and have done for some time. K-pop and Korean movies are big here.

You'll often see the big built guys struggling to pick up a girl where a small and skinny guy has a girl on her arm so I guess Thai women may not like the muscle bound guys.

Indeed seems a lot of guys on here think you need to be throwing around money or paying a girl to be with you even when she's not a pro but it's not my experience. I show no signs of obvious wealth. I live in an average apartment, don't wear designer clothes, jewlery or gold, don't throw loads of money around on dates or go to expensive places often, don't buy gifts, don't talk about how much money I make or do anything to make them think I am wealthy or be financing them and I do quite well for myself. Most girls want to keep on seeing me.

Edited by TheSpade
  • Like 1

Thai girls love well built /fit/ in shape guys whether Thai or farang, same as women all over the world , just not very drunk and/or low class and self loving well built guys.