Shootout in South Pattaya leaves bike driver dead

Rimmer

Shootout in South Pattaya leaves bike driver dead

bike-31.jpg

PATTAYA:--Police and rescue services were called to the Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya on Monday afternoon to deal with a fatal shooting which is thought to be connected to illegal drugs.

At the scene was the critically injured victim, Khun Niran aged 36, who was later taken to Hospital but could not be saved by medics. He had been shot twice in the chest.

The victims motorbike, a Honda CBR, had also sustained damage from a single gun-shot during the shootout which was witnessed by many people. The victims bike was being followed, at high speed, by another bike and that bikes driver was seen to be shooting at the victim and his bike several times until the victims bike fell onto the road and caught on-fire. The victim was thrown from the bike and died at the scene.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/99607/shootout-south-pattaya-leaves-bike-driver-dead/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-20

What was it: "critically injured and taken to hospital" or "died at the scene"?

Mind you, I guess the end result was the same. One less drug dealer, can't say that I am grieving a whole lot over his death.

• Like 1

Drugs & Guns a Fatal Mix.

Guns on their own are more than fatal enough.

I think there is a good argument in favour of life imprisonment for anyone carrying any sort of weapon outside of their own home.

Guns on their own are perfectly safe, it is those that fire them that cause the fatalities.

I think there is a good argument in favour of life imprisonment for anyone carrying any sort of weapon outside of their own home.

Guns on their own are perfectly safe, it is those that fire them that cause the fatalities.

I dont see what difference it makes, in the end.

I can think of no valid reason why anyone should be carrying any sort of weapon outside their home. Those who choose to keep weapons within their property are welcome to do so, just as they are welcome to drink or drug themselves to death or slit their own throats. It doesnt bother me at all. But once they leave their homes they should not be carrying weapons.

Drugs & Guns a Fatal Mix.

Huh? I could have sworn that the ONLY reason guns are made is to fire them!

I remember a recent story from the USA, where a little boy who was given a rifle (at far too early an age) discharged it at his sister, unaware that it was loaded. The shot killed her. So, to me they are not perfectly safe because too many morons can get their hands on them (like the parents who were stupid enough to get a young child his own rifle). So, I've never agreed with that standard NRA (National Rifle Association) argument in favour of guns.

• Like 1