Hi ,

I am from Israel , 34 years old.

I got B visa that will expired at 14 of july 2003

my 3 months visa run will expired at 7 of May 2003

I plane to go back to my country at the 7 of August 2003

I have some questions :

1. For the next 3 months i like to study Thai , can I do that with B visa ? or I should get a new one ?

2. I alreday book flight to Laos for my visa run (For 1 night ), can any one know the situation about SARS there ?

3. I also consider to ask for another 21 days of visa at the BKK immigration - and then at the end of May to make my visa run , can I ask 2 times for that , cose i plan to do that on the 14 of july to be able to stay until 7 of August.

Thanks

Gil  :o

Israelis can not enter Malaysia, as Dr. Mahatir doesn't like your country for "some reason", so I reckon that your visa run must be to Laos (Vientiane). Can you enter there with a Laos visa, and go to the Thai Vientiane Consulate?

Try to get as much extensions from Thai Immigration as possible before, but don't overstay!

What is your purpose of stay in the Kingdom? To get a work permit or start your own business. Evidence of any action from your side could be a good document to bring with you.

If you are staying with NON-B for "tourist purposes" they will propably not give you another visa, and you can't enter Thailand again without a visa in your passport.

You might have better luck to go back to your home country and apply there again at the Thai consular mission.

Hi george

Thanks for your replay.

Actually I came here for a small computer project in a private hospital , this finish already , and right now i just have a good time , study new programming language at home and wish to study Thai.

I think but i am not sure that Thai Immigration here in BKK can extend my visa for only 21 days , so any way i will have to fly to Lao (For less then 15 days I dont need Visa to Laos ) at the 7 or before that , or if i will get extend it will be fly at the end of May.

I dont understand why i should visit the Thai Vientiane Consulate , since my B visa is until the 13 of July 2003 ? maybe I did not explane my self clear about that.

I plan to go back to my country at August (since at that time I will star work there ) , so if i ask now for 21 days of extension , i will be able to do that again before 13 of July ? if not so I will have to go to Laos before the 7 of May.

One more thing , can i study here with my B visa for the next 3 months ?

and yep sure I will not stay here without a visa - I would like to came back here again some day.

Thanks

Gil

:o

I don't understand why i should visit the Thai Vientiane Consulate , since my B visa is until the 13 of July 2003 ? maybe I did not explane my self clear about that.
If your visa is a normal single entry type it has been used and can not be used again.  Thus you would have to obtain a new visa to renter Thailand at the Consulate in Vientiane.  If you really do have a multi entry type visa you can just cross any border and return.  You have not stated your visa is valid for two/ three/ multi entry most would assume it to be a single entry type.

Hi

Thanks for your replay , my B visa is multiple , so from what you say I understand that I will not need to visit the Thai Consulate in Vientiane. I think I will make my "run" as I plan at the 7 of May , and I will not ask for more 21 days.

Thanks

Gil  :o