Think twice before buying a HTC phone is Thailand

Nickymaster

Complaining to TCP can be done concurrent to waiting.

I'm amused a bit that you are so tolerant smile.png. It seems you given up on photos too. But my inner feeling tells me you will get back your phone repaired before or on the day they have promised and your photos will be safe. However, do inform them that there is a content and if possible they won't perform a system reinitialization that would remove those dear photos from your trip.

Don't get me wrong, I am not tolerant at all just a bit restricted in my actions since I have to rely on others to chase for me since I am not Thai and the people at HTC always play dumb when I try to talk to them in English.

My office staff just called the call center and told them that they have to give back the phone next week (as earlier promised). They said that because there was a long waiting cue, they could not promise that.... We asked their address to file complaints (send a letter) and they told us they were not allowed to say where their office is. If we wanted to complain we had to do it by e-mail.

After a long argument, the lady promised to give us an update later today.

If they call back and give us a later date than next week, we will not accept the phone anymore. We are going to make that very clear.

Will keep you posted.

Nobody called back on that day (Aug 27) so I called them around 6 PM in the evening. The guy told me the same story, waiting for a new screen from Taiwan and he couldn't tell me when the phone would be ready. I got very angry and told him that this was unacceptable to give an "update" like that after I had been waiting for 3 weeks. I told him I would wait 1 more week (total 4 weeks) and if still not finished I wouldn't pick up the phone anymore and would start fighting to get my money.

Just gave them a call and guess what, the phone had been ready since Aug 30 but they forgot to call me... Anyhow the good news is that it's ready (and working properly I hope).

I will pick it up asap and will let you guys know whether or not I lost all data. Which, again, will be strange because only the screen was broken.

Complaining to TCP can be done concurrent to waiting.

I'm amused a bit that you are so tolerant smile.png. It seems you given up on photos too. But my inner feeling tells me you will get back your phone repaired before or on the day they have promised and your photos will be safe. However, do inform them that there is a content and if possible they won't perform a system reinitialization that would remove those dear photos from your trip.

Don't get me wrong, I am not tolerant at all just a bit restricted in my actions since I have to rely on others to chase for me since I am not Thai and the people at HTC always play dumb when I try to talk to them in English.

My office staff just called the call center and told them that they have to give back the phone next week (as earlier promised). They said that because there was a long waiting cue, they could not promise that.... We asked their address to file complaints (send a letter) and they told us they were not allowed to say where their office is. If we wanted to complain we had to do it by e-mail.

After a long argument, the lady promised to give us an update later today.

If they call back and give us a later date than next week, we will not accept the phone anymore. We are going to make that very clear.

Will keep you posted.

Nobody called back on that day (Aug 27) so I called them around 6 PM in the evening. The guy told me the same story, waiting for a new screen from Taiwan and he couldn't tell me when the phone would be ready. I got very angry and told him that this was unacceptable to give an "update" like that after I had been waiting for 3 weeks. I told him I would wait 1 more week (total 4 weeks) and if still not finished I wouldn't pick up the phone anymore and would start fighting to get my money.

Just gave them a call and guess what, the phone had been ready since Aug 30 but they forgot to call me... Anyhow the good news is that it's ready (and working properly I hope).

I will pick it up asap and will let you guys know whether or not I lost all data. Which, again, will be strange because only the screen was broken.

Interesting. So how is it now?

I picked up the phone yesterday evening. I went to the counter, and showed my receipt to the lady. A few minutes later she came back with a phone. She asked me to inspect the phone. I did and everything looked fine. The phone had a thin plastic cover on the screen with a serial number sticker on the inside of the plastic. I didn't think to much about it and told the lady it looked ok and she asked me to sign for receipt. When I signed the receipt, I saw that there was some Thai handwriting on it. They had crossed out some numbers and had written new numbers on it. I quickly took a picture of it with my own phone (the HTC is my daughter's). I asked somebody to look at the Thai handwriting and it seems that they made the decision to replace my phone on Aug 28, 1 day after I called them and told them that there service was crap and that I was willing to wait for 1 more week....

So on Aug 27 they were still waiting for spare parts from Taiwan, on 28 they made the decision to give a new phone, and 30 the new phone was ready.

At the end they still messed up a bit by forgetting to call me to tell me the "good news".

I picked up the phone yesterday evening. I went to the counter, and showed my receipt to the lady. A few minutes later she came back with a phone. She asked me to inspect the phone. I did and everything looked fine. The phone had a thin plastic cover on the screen with a serial number sticker on the inside of the plastic. I didn't think to much about it and told the lady it looked ok and she asked me to sign for receipt. When I signed the receipt, I saw that there was some Thai handwriting on it. They had crossed out some numbers and had written new numbers on it. I quickly took a picture of it with my own phone (the HTC is my daughter's). I asked somebody to look at the Thai handwriting and it seems that they made the decision to replace my phone on Aug 28, 1 day after I called them and told them that there service was crap and that I was willing to wait for 1 more week....

So on Aug 27 they were still waiting for spare parts from Taiwan, on 28 they made the decision to give a new phone, and on the 30th the new phone was ready.

At the end they still messed up a bit by forgetting to call me to tell me the "good news".

Edited by Nickymaster

Nice saga smile.png. Is the new phone working flawlessly now? How about the photos in the old one?

I do advise you to get your photos automatically uploaded to a private album on Google+.

I do hope that I have inspired you a bit to be more daring in demanding and hope your daughter is happy now.

Edited by blackion

Nice saga smile.png. Is the new phone working flawlessly now? How about the photos in the old one?

I do advise you to get your photos automatically uploaded to a private album on Google+.

I do hope that I have inspired you a bit to be more daring in demanding and hope your daughter is happy now.

Yes thanks for the moral support wai2.gif. I have been reminded that it still does work to get angry now and then smile.png . The moment that really puled the trigger was when the guy at HTC told me (after 3 weeks of no news) that everybody had to wait, not only me. That was too much.

Phone is working well. Its new, it better be!! Unfortunately photos are lost but my daughter is very happy again!

Will certainly investigate the Google+ option.thumbsup.gif

Yes thanks for the moral support wai2.gif. I have been reminded that it still does work to get angry now and then smile.png . The moment that really puled the trigger was when the guy at HTC told me (after 3 weeks of no news) that everybody had to wait, not only me. That was too much.

Phone is working well. Its new, it better be!! Unfortunately photos are lost but my daughter is very happy again!

Will certainly investigate the Google+ option.thumbsup.gif

Hehe, well, I don't think that getting angry is a good idea, though I'm still undecided about this, however polite threatening maybe the right course of action :).

• 3 weeks later...