Democrats want answers on procurement of luxurious clocks worth Bt15m

webfact

POLITICS
Democrats want answers on new clocks

The Nation

30213067-01_big.jpg
Photo : Prasert Srisueb

BANGKOK: -- Democrat partylist MP Watchara Pechthong on Tuesday demanded that Parliament secretary general Suwichag Nakwatcharachai provide documents on the procurement of 200 luxurious clocks worth Bt15 million.

Watchara, spokesman of the House special committee vetting the 2014 fiscal budget bill, said House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont on Monday ordered that Suwichag submit to him documents on the purchase of the digital clocks, the overhauling of house committees, the renovation of media rooms, and the construction of the war room - but the order has fallen on deaf ears.

He questioned why Suwichag had bothered to buy new digital clocks when batteryrun clocks still worked well. "I also want to know when he is going to submit the documents in question," he said.

He also raised a new issue about the Parliament renting a building in Ubon Ratchathani at Bt3 million per year, to be used as the Parliament's provincial branch, even though the building was in a rundown condition.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-20

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They really have no shame. This is what happens when they feel they can get away with everything because our dear lady PM doesn't care and will NEVER hold them responsible. Probably it's peanuts for her.

30182356-01_big_zpsd057d596.jpg

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 2

but the order has fallen on deaf ears.

Shades of Thaksins passport.

As in ; don't bother questioning us for we will just ignore any questions we don't like.

We have a majority and we can do anything we want.

He forgot to mention the 2 air conditioning units that were installed in the garbage room.

• Like 2

IN all fairness, they do apparently syncronise online..... but, I see there is a brand plate at the bottom of the clock. If could just make it out, who wants to bet I could find the same thing on eBay for less than half the price?

IN all fairness, they do apparently syncronise online..... but, I see there is a brand plate at the bottom of the clock. If could just make it out, who wants to bet I could find the same thing on eBay for less than half the price?

In the Thai news papers they already showed that the identical clocks can be bought for 24,000 THB.

They are Bodet clocks, Cristalys Elipse model manufactured in England

In the Thai news papers they already showed that the identical clocks can be bought for 24,000 THB.

And 1000baht at local big c or tesco store, but those stores do not issue fake invoices :)

And assembled in china? :)

• Like 1

And assembled in china? smile.png

They are frog clocks made in France. They also are available with a white flag option. It pops up if the premiss is invaded.

• Like 1

At 800usd, they would be considered a frivolous luxury. Everything has a clip, from pencils to big ticket items.

One never gets tired of wondering what sham this PTP will get up to next, one thing is for sure, it's on time , now I wonder, who supplied these clocks, they never learn , the disrespect they create, is of their own making and they are so dumb, they can't work it out. Time is ticking away.bah.gif

• Like 1

The worst part is that they can usually get away with simply not replying when the opposition demand documentation and answers.

Yes, I stole 15 million, in fact I do that every day, but a lot of people voted for me, so what are you going to do about it? Another no-confidence vote you say? Sure we can do that, but I have around 300 fellow thieves (MPs) who will vote in my favour no matter how much I steal :-)

My phone cost 4,900 baht, and also syncronises the time online, it will continue to do so even during the earlier mentioned 8 hour blackout. Further, I can set it to any timezone in the world. In short, it has all the features of the 75,000 baht clock - and you can use it to call, sms, email etc. as well.