Democrats want answers on procurement of luxurious clocks worth Bt15m

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IN all fairness, they do apparently syncronise online..... but, I see there is a brand plate at the bottom of the clock. If could just make it out, who wants to bet I could find the same thing on eBay for less than half the price?

My phone cost 4,900 baht, and also syncronises the time online, it will continue to do so even during the earlier mentioned 8 hour blackout. Further, I can set it to any timezone in the world. In short, it has all the features of the 75,000 baht clock - and you can use it to call, sms, email etc. as well.

Yes, but can you hang it on a wall?

The Clock is real, and the price is also real, But who got the money in the end. Try to check who actually owns the clock manufactor, and see his Bankroll for any misleads or politician names. I say always follow the money and you will eventually get your answers :D

75K a clock? What are they ? Rolex's?

In the thread the other day about those clocks, it was claimed that the cost was so high because they had some special function built in that would guarantee a correct time even after a black out of 12 hours.

i also have a clock with such a function built in..........................it's called a battery smile.png

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

There is a manufacturer called Gorgy, who make clocks similar to this style (and many others of course), but the price is around USD1500 each - that is still around a thousand dollars EACH less than this, and I was only pricing for about 20 clocks, so ten times the number, I would expect a decent discount, probably could negotiate the price realistically down to maybe USD1100 or a bit less.

Nowadays the other thing is that many professional grade clocks can be purchased with PoE ability - that means they can be powered over the ethernet, from a suitable data router with the PoE capability - this helps reduce cablng, and power distribution costs, so they are quite popular in critical installations.

In the broadcast industry it is quite normal to purchase special clocks that lock to Analogue Timecode, or NTP (Network Time Protocol) for around the $1200 mark, but $2500 each - someone is raking off something somewhere - I will however say that it is also VERY often the case that local agents in Asia simply take international list price and add 50% or more to get their sell price, so although they are a ridiculous price, this time it might not actually all be the governments fault - although they should be less naive of course.

As for being accurate at all times - the simple way to ensure that is to run them connected to a GPS locked Master Clock with dual redundancy and an automatic changeover - that would usually set you back something up to $20,000 but could be less - or simply have a gateway server that allows the clocks to lock to one of the popular and readily available (free) NTP Servers on the internet... simple stuff...

Edited by Greer
  • Like 1

Just wondering - is this stop corruption campaign all come about because of the new common market deal and is therefore just window dressing to get the suckers in to invest in Thailand? As I notice Bloomberg are doing a push on investing in Thailand on one of their TV slots

IN all fairness, they do apparently syncronise online..... but, I see there is a brand plate at the bottom of the clock. If could just make it out, who wants to bet I could find the same thing on eBay for less than half the price?

My phone cost 4,900 baht, and also syncronises the time online, it will continue to do so even during the earlier mentioned 8 hour blackout. Further, I can set it to any timezone in the world. In short, it has all the features of the 75,000 baht clock - and you can use it to call, sms, email etc. as well.

Yes, but can you hang it on a wall?

For 75 grand he could get Mick Jagger to pop over and hang it on his wall.

I did not see any online Bodet clocks for sale with a price displayed. Perhaps they only sell their product to 3rd world dictatorships much like the golfball hunter GT2000. It looks like a very normal wall clock and would be surprised if normal retail was more than 3000B.

• Like 1

May be these are educational watches, the month and day in English

Indeed, surprised they don't have the calendar in Thai years, because isn't all government business conducted in Buddhist years?

They'll have to buy some new ones then.

wow 75000 for a digital clock

where do they find those ?

they run on a small nuclear reactor or something ??

Find at Alibaba .com........that is a good trail to follow in persuit of some MARGIN of TRUTH.....giggle.gif

I know that a great number of people here who should pay tax do not, however I call upon the people of Thailand, the few that do actually pay tax to try their best to refuse to pay taxes so long as the corrupt criminals keep stealing all the money to line their own pockets. Tax money SHOULD be used for the good of the country, not the good of the crims bank accounts !!

They really have no shame. This is what happens when they feel they can get away with everything because our dear lady PM doesn't care and will NEVER hold them responsible. Probably it's peanuts for her.

30182356-01_big_zpsd057d596.jpg

I love this picture!

Look at the different, somewhat uncomfortable look on their faces. Then look at Yingluck's, 'Hell I don't care, my bruv told me to do it!' Or maybe, 'Hello boys'cheesy.gif

• Like 1

They really have no shame. This is what happens when they feel they can get away with everything because our dear lady PM doesn't care and will NEVER hold them responsible. Probably it's peanuts for her.

I love this picture!

Look at the different, somewhat uncomfortable look on their faces. Then look at Yingluck's, 'Hell I don't care, my bruv told me to do it!' Or maybe, 'Hello boys'cheesy.gif

Old Yuthasak looks like he ate too much caterpillar fungus that morning and is having a tough time keeping the little fellow down. And Yongyuth looks to be reminiscing one of his best ever golf shots(although probably not at Alpine course which got him fired for his role in the nicking of 1000 rai of temple land that got signed over to clan Shinawat).

In fact should any of them in that pic be involved in an anti corruption message?

Edited by jaidam
  • Like 2

I love this picture!

Old Yuthasak looks like he ate too much caterpillar fungus that morning and is having a tough time keeping the little fellow down. And Yongyuth looks to be reminiscing one of his best ever golf shots(although probably not at Alpine course which got him fired for his role in the nicking of 1000 rai of temple land that got signed over to clan Shinawat).

In fact should any of them in that pic be involved in an anti corruption message?

Know what you mean, more than a little ironic I think.

What really gets me though is, we have the 'face' thing here but what about shame? Suppose you need a conscience for that though.

But that's still only 80,000 baht for 3 and it also includes the wireless controller. The clocks are €428 each (19,000b) so the controller is expensive .. even with that in mind .... it's still a WASTE of money to buy 75 of the damn things :blink:

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know that a great number of people here who should pay tax do not, however I call upon the people of Thailand, the few that do actually pay tax to try their best to refuse to pay taxes so long as the corrupt criminals keep stealing all the money to line their own pockets. Tax money SHOULD be used for the good of the country, not the good of the crims bank accounts !!

Every one pays taxes in Thailand ..... 7% V.A.T

It all adds up.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I dont imagine this will be pushed to hard, God forbid someone having a look at past frivolous purchasers by every Government, not to mention the future ones to. Sadly 15 mill is chicken feed to these guys when its not their money.

How far should we go back? 8 out of the last 10 years it's all PT/Thaksin in power.

I dont imagine this will be pushed to hard, God forbid someone having a look at past frivolous purchasers by every Government, not to mention the future ones to. Sadly 15 mill is chicken feed to these guys when its not their money.

How far should we go back? 8 out of the last 10 years it's all PT/Thaksin in power.

As far as you want, Thaksin Governments and all the previous ones, military included. My comment was a general one about Thai politics not a party/leader based one, so sorry dont get your knickers in a twist about it (again).

End of the day having rolex wallclocks scattered around parliament is a better waste of taxpayers money than improvements to the control tower on the planeless aircraft carrier would have been. We should be thankful for small mercies.

The retail price for a "Christalys Date" Bodet clock, the one shown in the picture,  at a German shop is 499 Euro if you buy just one. And that is about 21.000 THB. I want to be a politician in Thailand!!!

And that includes VAT at 19%

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

The retail price for a "Christalys Date" Bodet clock, the one shown in the picture, at a German shop is 499 Euro if you buy just one. And that is about 21.000 THB. I want to be a politician in Thailand!!!

No, that's the net price ex retailer, anyhow, eventually paid taxes will be refunded by the German Government, as VAT is not due for exported items. If Thailand applies import duties or excise taxes, that is a different story.

The retail price for a "Christalys Date" Bodet clock, the one shown in the picture,  at a German shop is 499 Euro if you buy just one. And that is about 21.000 THB. I want to be a politician in Thailand!!!

No, that's the net price ex retailer, anyhow, eventually paid taxes will be refunded by the German Government, as VAT is not due for exported items. If Thailand applies import duties or excise taxes, that is a different story.

Yours is expensive then . I found them for 418 euro pre tax :D