Watch Netflix, Hulu, BBC and Many More in Thailand with TrickByte DNS

Trickbyte

I use proxy on singapore vps which uses dns of unotelly (for testing) and streaming is pretty fast on True online. It can also work with TrickByte dns server using singapore bandwidth for faster streaming.

Normally you shouldn't be able to use unotelly on true online due to transparent proxy issues. Of course VPN will work but at declined speeds.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now, thumbsup.gif

I have been having success with Zenmate or Hula for several days now, using via Chrome... Pretty good for ITV and BCC. A little bit of buffering, but bearable! 3bb ADSL and wifi, don't seem to be a lot different... on Mac Air and Mini.... Mini can use HDML cable for TV...

With ITV one just needs to put in a UK post code to access the Iplayer.... thumbsup.gif

The only complaint I have is, it is very difficult to read the drop down menus and print on the TV 42" screen, from a distance sad.png (ok on computer monitor)

Clear the cache on the computer too.... wink.png ... Do not try running say Zenmate and Hula at the same time, turn one off!

Edited by samuijimmy

OK, now, thumbsup.gif

I have been having success with Zenmate or Hula for several days now, using via Chrome... Pretty good for ITV and BCC. A little bit of buffering, but bearable! 3bb ADSL and wifi, don't seem to be a lot different... on Mac Air and Mini.... Mini can use HDML cable for TV...

With ITV one just needs to put in a UK post code to access the Iplayer.... thumbsup.gif

The only complaint I have is, it is very difficult to read the drop down menus and print on the TV 42" screen, from a distance sad.png (ok on computer monitor)

Clear the cache on the computer too.... wink.png ... Do not try running say Zenmate and Hula at the same time, turn one off!

Increase DPI to 150% or even 200%. That simple.

OK, now, thumbsup.gif

Increase DPI to 150% or even 200%. That simple.

So might be for you... tongue.png

But how does one do that on the TV screen....? I assume "DPI" means dots per inch? blink.png Please explain to us less knowledgeable!wink.png

Just right click on desktop, choose screen resolution.

Click make text xxxx larger on screen

There are options, 100% , 125% and 150%

Choose 150%

Click apply.

Log out or reboot. Thats it.

blink.png I am not very fast with this techy stuff, tongue.png but I think you are talking about Monitor resolution (that is fine) I can see ok on the monitor, (Thunderbolt screen)

The problem lies with connection to Telly via HDMI cable .... and sitting what maybe 8 feet away in my comfy chair.... And twiddling with my mouse, that is hard enough to get used to, watching television!

It's a blur trying to read the drop down menu, so don't always get want I want whistling.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Jesting a bit here, but can I change the Telly resolution... I think not? As far I remember, it reads out at 780 whatever it is....

Appreciate you trying to help! thumbsup.gif

Just google "how to change DPI on windows"

It is easy.

DPI makes text and icons bigger while you keep high resolution.

OK, got a better result last night, I changed from 720 to 1080 and that helped...and adjusted the over scan a little!. thumbsup.gif (Using Mac not Windoze!)

It over sizes the web page, on BBC and ITV, so one has to scroll the page back and forth, but at least more readable!!! When viewing a program the size of a program being watched, fills the screen better, actually just right...! Thx! thumbsup.gif

On the whole, it is pretty good viewing, a little buffering, I am just waiting now to see if 3bb starts throttling the download speed... whistling.gifwink.png

I'm trying out Trickbyte this week on Apple TV. After a several days, my review and experience so far: Netflix works fine, but Hulu is unusable, buffering about every 90 seconds for a very long time.

My connection is fast, delivering >2.5M down from US sites. Since I have a good connection and Netflix is fine, I'm guessing it's something at Trickbyte.

I had been using Tunlr, and since they went down permanently last week, I am looking for an alternative. If Trickbyte can't deliver Hulu, you should probably look elsewhere.

Also, should have added: Hulu worked fine when I was using Tunlr from the same Apple TV and internet connection last week, but not this week with Trickbyte.

Sorry for what happened. We always realize about this issue.

This issue happened because Hulu server that sends traffic to our server in US is poor.

This buffering issue also happens with other users even they are in US. You can check it here.

http://www.hulu.com/discussions/10

However, I think Hulu has fixed this issue yesterday. Today, I just watched half hour of show on apple tv without buffering at all with my TOT 10MB

Please let me know if you still have this issue, so I'll consider move hulu to another area.

Appreciate your quick reply. I haven't been able to view anything on Hulu, including today. If there is indeed something you can do with your US server so that Hulu is watchable, I'd be very happy to subscribe to subcribe to Trickbyte.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Appreciate your quick reply. I haven't been able to view anything on Hulu, including today. If there is indeed something you can do with your US server so that Hulu is watchable, I'd be very happy to subscribe to subcribe to Trickbyte.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

May I know your isp please? I'll try to test under the same condition. Thank you in advance.

Also, should have added: Hulu worked fine when I was using Tunlr from the same Apple TV and internet connection last week, but not this week with Trickbyte.

Sorry for what happened. We always realize about this issue.

This issue happened because Hulu server that sends traffic to our server in US is poor.

This buffering issue also happens with other users even they are in US. You can check it here.

http://www.hulu.com/discussions/10

However, I think Hulu has fixed this issue yesterday. Today, I just watched half hour of show on apple tv without buffering at all with my TOT 10MB

Please let me know if you still have this issue, so I'll consider move hulu to another area.

Sounds good, will check out Hulu when I get home as well and let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really appreciate your support, Trickbyte!

I just checked Hulu this morning, and now it is working fine. Not sure if you did anything from your end, but many thanks if you did. Netflix is also working.

FYI - I am using True, but not through a cached IP.

Hi TrickByte,

I have been using unblockus but ive just moved to a new place and it seems it doesn't work as we have true visions internet and I heard that the proxy DNS doesn't work with this provider as they have a way to stop you using proxy DNS. Do you know if tirckbyte works with true visions?

Cheers.

Hi TrickByte,

I have been using unblockus but ive just moved to a new place and it seems it doesn't work as we have true visions internet and I heard that the proxy DNS doesn't work with this provider as they have a way to stop you using proxy DNS. Do you know if tirckbyte works with true visions?

Cheers.

I also have true myself. Yes, you still can use True with our service, however, some websites may not work properly. Even it works today, it may stop working tomorrow. Result is unstable.

You can try with our 14-day free trial, or you can ask me to test it for you.

• 5 months later...

Great article The DNS option is better than using a VPN regarding content streaming because you can achieve direct connection with the media station ex. Netflix and avoid the “middle-man”. Personally, I am using UnoTelly which is similar to TrickByte. Perhaps you should check UnoTelly as well if you haven’t done so.