Ubc Being Ripped Off ?

nonthaburial

Just got back from a short visit to Macau. Stayed at Masters Hotel (2 star but ok) and was surprised to see on the TV tha apart from the localchannels, therewere three UBC channels being shown. Two Supersports and Channel 7.

Wonder if UBC know about this and if so I wonder if they are charging for the rights to receive in Macau

post-23020-1145156658_thumb.jpg

All regular Thai TV is available free of Charge on Thaicom 2/3 on C Band. If they have a dish of 7.5 feet or bigger, then I would expect that they are doing the correct thing for Ch-7.

For Some reason Ch-7 seems to be a very popular channel. I got all my Sat gear recently fixed and the only think the locals were interested in watching was Ch-7 on C-Band. As I have a 10-foot dish, the signal is excellent, even in poor weather.

As far as the re-broadcasting of the other UBC Channels, I would guess the Hotel is doing something naughty, and the Satellite Companies are cracking-down heavily on those who are stealing the signal.

I doubt very much that UBC would allow the re-broadcast of their material in another country, as the rights they buy to distribute are country specific.