Crackdown on drugs: BMA to make Bangkok 'drug free' within 15 month

webfact

Normally I just laugh & shrug when I read these outlandish claims, but this one .... it's annoying. Really annoying.

I hope the Governor has good private protection. Most of Bangkok's police generals and colonels will now be too busy rearranging their pension plans to give much thought to drive-by shootings, bombings, etc etc.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just copy the American "war on drugs".....that has been such a success....for the prison operators, drug cartels, lawyers, etc who have made billions while drug use has soared.

We're/they're 1 for 2...we did fix the war on alcohol.

It's irony. You can believe really that this post is on the level of human thinking? Sorry, we had aberration in the Nazi-past.

Sacrifice some Jewishs to save the pure race of the blond, blue eyed imbecilic.

----------

-----------

Thats precisely why we need the man back, his attitude to drugs are utterly ruthless. a lot of innocents went missing you say? the big question is would you sacrifice 1000 to save one million.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Oh please, stop it your killing mecheesy.gifcheesy.gif A drug free city in 15 months, come down out of the clouds and check yourselves into rehab. Why not just start small with something like "We will make a serious attempt to reduce the amounts of drugs on the street."

• Like 1

Why make pledges that are very obviously impossible to fulfil?

If all your colleagues tell the boss (and voters) they can fix a given problem completely in 3 months, and you then tell the boss (and voters) that you can reduce a problem by 15% in 3 years, then you are going to look incompetent! biggrin.png

Edited by monkeycountry

By all measurements, alcoholic beverages are drugs. Is the sage politician planning to eradicate liquor beer and wine from Bangkok also? Oh silly me, of course not. Particularly when whiskey and beer are the drugs of choice for most politicians and jurists, even if one of them coyly calls it his 'ear medicine.'

Legalize it, tax it and control it. That way users and abusers can come forward. The mafia business behind it will suffer massive losses, and will slowly disappear. Police can focus on more important issues. Drug abuse is a social problem, not a criminal one. Putting drug offenders in jail just escalates their problems.

what I and others have been saying/writing for years - but it needs to be said over and over (even if it falls on deaf ears), because the ridiculous drug laws currently in place are profoundly harmful for society. If talking sensibly about drugs can be termed 'pearls of wisdom', then getting the word out to today's leaders is like 'casting pearls before swine.'

By the end of this month I vow to also eradicate all traffic problems. Everyone will travel on purple flying pigs pulled by unicorns. I may fail, but I have as much chance as this guy with no real pretence that I will succeed! ;-)

• Like 2

I think Thailand should make the minimum Politician IQ level at least above imbecile....

Why arent Thais ashamed of the Politicians... Shouldn't saving face in front of the world take precedence here?

Edited by thhMan
  • Like 1

I think Thailand should make the minimum Politician IQ level at least above imbecile....

Don't you have to be a "graduate" to become a politician? Posted Image

No, there should only be some history of sanity in the family, however remote it might be.

Why are these people so obsessed with making such outlandish, impossible to keep 'promises'?

Not a week goes by without some kind of major drug bust - from many parts of the country - hitting the news.

And yet, the drugs keep on coming, and coming and coming...

Why and how?

Yeah, yeah, I know...

Thai officialdom just love the sound of their own voices and I'm sure they don't realise just how stupid they sound as long as they get a headline and in 15 months no one will remember what they said plus the media will never remind them

After Mr. T's war on drugs when 2,000 odd dealers " shot each other " the Governor of Kalasin declared the province dug free, yes right.

in 15 months no one will remember what they said plus the media will never remind them more like 15 days not months..

5555 cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So the USA has spent billions and the last 40 years trying to make the USA drug free and we haven't made ANY impact, but the BMA is going to do it in 15 months. Ya and bush cheney said the USA was going to make Iraq a democratic country in one year too!

Just copy the American "war on drugs".....that has been such a success....for the prison operators, drug cartels, lawyers, etc who have made billions while drug use has soared.

Bull, we didn't win any war on alcohol, we only stopped people from drinking and driving, they still drink. Nothing won. Same would happen with drugs. Let people have their drugs and then make the punishment for operating any equipment that could be life threatening while impaired a heavy penalty, that is all they did with alcohol.

Will they start killing again ir what? That guy asking for Thaksin and murders need to get his head fixed. If you don't want to take drugs that's fine, but let the rest of the people to make their own choice. I've been doings drugs all my life and never stole, killed or anything else. If you want to punish crimes that's fine, but don't associate them to drugs because this is not the case for most users. And if I got sick or die from drugs, that's my problem and no one else. You live your life and let others live theirs the way they want. No victim = no crime

• Like 2

Bull, we didn't win any war on alcohol, we only stopped people from drinking and driving, they still drink. Nothing won. Same would happen with drugs. Let people have their drugs and then make the punishment for operating any equipment that could be life threatening while impaired a heavy penalty, that is all they did with alcohol.

I'm afraid you'll have to go back a bit further to get my joke...sorta kinda around, say, (hint) post-prohibition era...smile.png

added a moment later: I just noticed the quote you use at the bottom of each of your TV pages...I'm slow to get irony, but I'm laughing now. You're funny!

Edited by mamypoko

You know, murder has "soared" in Mexico. 'Guess they might as well legalize it, huh?

• Like 1

Maybe what the BMA really meant to say was, to make Bangkok drug free in 15 months, all drugs are free, just nip to your nearest 7/11 and get free drugs, no prescription required.

Maybe that just might work...facepalm.gif

Few politicians know the effects of the recreational drugs they're criminalizing, except possibly what they heard around the schoolyard when they're kids. Or, at best, they read a study written by someone, probably subjective and/or with an agenda. Perhaps it's a study funded by a booze peddling company, which has a vested interest in maintaining alcohol as the only legal recreational drug. In sum: the people making the laws - don't know shit from Shinola about the subject. It would be like someone writing rules for submarine maintenance, who never got closer to a sub than bathtub rubber duckie.

The first anti-drug laws were written by, among others, a man who was himself was needle-user addicted to morphine. I'm referring to Mr. Anslinger, who was bosom buddies with J.Edgar Hoover. Many of those same laws are still gospel, not just for the US but for all countries which copy US drug laws, including Thailand. One hold-over is the criminalization of hemp, which never got anyone stoned. Of course, booze never got criminalized, because many of the men making/enforcing the laws are heavy drinkers, like Chalerm and his hard-drinking buddies.

• Like 2

Few politicians know the effects of the recreational drugs they're criminalizing, except possibly what they heard around the schoolyard when they're kids. Or, at best, they read a study written by someone, probably subjective and/or with an agenda. Perhaps it's a study funded by a booze peddling company, which has a vested interest in maintaining alcohol as the only legal recreational drug. In sum: the people making the laws - don't know shit from Shinola about the subject. It would be like someone writing rules for submarine maintenance, who never got closer to a sub than bathtub rubber duckie.

The first anti-drug laws were written by, among others, a man who was himself was needle-user addicted to morphine. I'm referring to Mr. Anslinger, who was bosom buddies with J.Edgar Hoover. Many of those same laws are still gospel, not just for the US but for all countries which copy US drug laws, including Thailand. One hold-over is the criminalization of hemp, which never got anyone stoned. Of course, booze never got criminalized, because many of the men making/enforcing the laws are heavy drinkers, like Chalerm and his hard-drinking buddies.

Booze never got criminalized?! Not in Thailand maybe...

You say few politicians know the effects of the drugs they're criminalizing, and that it's like someone writing sub maintenance manuals who was never anywhere near a sub, and then proceed to give an example of a morphine addict who wrote the first US drug laws (which all other countries copy...).

Then you say booze never got criminalized because lawmakers are heavy drinkers, and here in the US booze was outlawed - by lawmakers - for 13 years!

Why arent Thais ashamed of the Politicians... Shouldn't saving face in front of the world take precedence here?

They actually think that the world admires them and believes this can be done. The world is just waiting to adopt Thailand's drug eradication program. Just trying to negotiate a licence fee for the use.