300 Visa stamps go missing from Thai Embassy in Malaysia

webfact

Seems strange, when a visa is issued at an embassy the visa details should be entered into the data base and similtanously transmitted to Thailand imigration computer system. Or updated 2or3 times a day.

Obviously there is a list of the Visa numbers stolen, why not just block/flag them in the computer system.

The arrival card you do enter your visa number, and when the Imigration officer imputs your passport or visa number when entering Thailand, They should be able to see all the information about the issued visa on thier screens!

This is not rocket science, I would be interested to see what come up when they scan my passport or input the number, it should list my visa as well as entries and exits from the country.

It is hard for me to believe that this system is not in place, one click of the mouse would have invaladater those visa's instantly and should have flagged any of the cancelled visa that were in the system.

Just my logic talking today!

A4049901-A4050000, A4055901-A4056000 and A5801901-A5802000.

Since they don't use passport readers to scan the code on the passport, finding this is more luck than judgement.

Of course, using the readers would also speed up immigration, but why would anyone want to do that if it meant catching people who have paid off immigration and embassies to get into the country.