Which petrol station is safe to use

balo

I only head about scamming from the one on South Pattaya road opposite Tony's, I think it's a Shell station (never use it).

It's very easy to avoid scamming, I exit the car as soon as the car is in position for taking fuel and oversee the fueling discreetly and always check the meter is on zero when starting pumping.

I use all the stations on Sukhumvit Road but I use diesel now. One good one is the Esso station after BKK/Pattaya hospital going towards BKK, they always gives me 2 large bottles of drinking water for free.

• Like 1

Yeah, Shell playing the same old game. All staff are in on it. They do it with Thais and Falangs alike. Avoid outside pumps, when afternoon sun. Cant see if meter reset. Does not make sense for many to drive to Shukumvit to fill a small bike, so we keep going to Shell and try to watch them. You stand on the sidleines and you can see them ripping everybody possible off.

Another note: Where to buy the regular, old-fashioned BENZINE. My old big Honda only takes this type of gas. THX> MS>

• Like 1

Yeah, Shell playing the same old game. All staff are in on it. They do it with Thais and Falangs alike. Avoid outside pumps, when afternoon sun. Cant see if meter reset. Does not make sense for many to drive to Shukumvit to fill a small bike, so we keep going to Shell and try to watch them. You stand on the sidleines and you can see them ripping everybody possible off.

Another note: Where to buy the regular, old-fashioned BENZINE. My old big Honda only takes this type of gas. THX> MS>

How on earth can you get scammed when riding a bike? You are standing right next to the pump and a typical Thai bike takes about 3 liter of fuel so not much in it for the scammers. You should always know the capacity of you fuel tank (bike/car/truck) and if they fill 4 liters of fuel in your 3 lit tank, shout foul play and tell them you gonna call the police.

My truck takes 80 lit of diesel worth about 2000 baht so here they can easily screw you for say 300 bath worth of fuel but as I said, no attempts was never made to fxxx with me.

I only head about scamming from the one on South Pattaya road opposite Tony's, I think it's a Shell station (never use it).

It's very easy to avoid scamming, I exit the car as soon as the car is in position for taking fuel and oversee the fueling discreetly and always check the meter is on zero when starting pumping.

I use all the stations on Sukhumvit Road but I use diesel now. One good one is the Esso station after BKK/Pattaya hospital going towards BKK, they always gives me 2 large bottles of drinking water for free.

Long time since they gave two ,its been one for ages ,unless they are scamming mesmile.png

We had once major problems with 91 at a green leaf station. Ended up with help on the highway from Toyota service.... Subjectively, I feel that PTT gasoline and diesel give our cars the best performance and lowest consumption. I don't go anywhere else.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lemon Green on North Pattaya Road is very good (between 3rd road junction and Sukhumvit)

Not sure why, but I also like these stations. My fav is on Suk, south of Soi Wat Boon.

We were almost scammed a few times at a station down here near the Ambassador. One time we caught them not resetting the meter. Another they tried to short change us. Quite the argument until they finally agreed we were shorted.

I regularly use the station mentioned near Tony's on South Road. Not least because I am a shareholder.

I arrive. I stop. I get out. I tell them what fuel I want (I always get the premium diesel because it seems not to smoke). They reset the pump whilst I watch and they fill the tank. It always costs me around 2100-2300B, depending of course on how empty my tank was.

There has never been any attempt made to scam me there and I dont really see how it could be done anyway apart from "fixing" the meter so that it shows a higher quantity than is actually delivered, and if this was done then my bill would be higher for a full tank and I would notice.

We were almost scammed a few times at a station down here near the Ambassador. One time we caught them not resetting the meter. Another they tried to short change us. Quite the argument until they finally agreed we were shorted.

I have never bought fuel there but I used to get my truck washed there. It was 120B for an outside clean which was always correctly done, and I used to give a 20B tip which seems fair (and is 20B more than Thais seem to give).

Then one time I went and handed over my 200B, expecting to get my 80B change from which I would hand back 20B, but the chap just sort of waved the 80B around saying "tip". I took back the whole 80B and have never returned.

Now I go to a place on the darkside that does an outside wash very well for 89B (plus every 10th wash free) or another place a little further away that does the inside and outside for 160B.

I have never bought fuel there but I used to get my truck washed there. It was 120B for an outside clean which was always correctly done, and I used to give a 20B tip which seems fair (and is 20B more than Thais seem to give).

Then one time I went and handed over my 200B, expecting to get my 80B change from which I would hand back 20B, but the chap just sort of waved the 80B around saying "tip". I took back the whole 80B and have never returned.

Now I go to a place on the darkside that does an outside wash very well for 89B (plus every 10th wash free) or another place a little further away that does the inside and outside for 160B.

I use to have my car washed there also until they put a long scratch on the top. Now I just pay my gardener to do it. He's happy and does a great job.

Just don't use the yellow station on South road, they don't have E20 for you anyway

For E20, Only Bangchak (Green Leaf) North road and Suk between South and Jomtien has them in Pattaya I think),

the newer PTTs (Blue Flame) like the one on Hightway 7 around Laem Chabang on has E20 too,

but I'm not too sure about newer PTTs around Pattaya though,

the old PTT stations are franchise run as opposed to being run by PTT itself.

On Sukhumvit, northbound between North and Central, there are two PTT station, the one with 7-11 inside and another one with 'Jiffy' store instead, the ones with Jiffy stores used to be 'Jet' but PTT has bought them up and all are run by PTT, not franchisee, usually the franchisee run station is quite run-down but even the one with 7-11 here has been renovated, so they might have E20 now too.

As for scams at Petrol station, it's not just with the fuel amount either, do make it a habit of exiting your car and keep a close eye on the proceedings, especially if you drive upcountry, there is a scam where the attendant might slip a sachet of meth pills or other drugs behind your gas cap and alert the boys in brown down the road to search your car and conveniently find it.

Just don't use the yellow station on South road, they don't have E20 for you anyway

For E20, Only Bangchak (Green Leaf) North road and Suk between South and Jomtien has them in Pattaya I think),  

the newer PTTs (Blue Flame) like the one on Hightway 7 around Laem Chabang on  has E20 too,

but I'm not too sure about newer PTTs around Pattaya though,

the old PTT stations are franchise run as opposed to being run by PTT itself.

On Sukhumvit, northbound between North and Central, there are two PTT station, the one with 7-11 inside and another one with 'Jiffy' store instead, the ones with Jiffy stores used to be 'Jet' but PTT has bought them up and all are run by PTT, not franchisee, usually the franchisee run station is quite run-down but even the one with 7-11 here has been renovated, so they might have E20 now too.

As for scams at Petrol station, it's not just with the fuel amount either, do make it a habit of exiting your car and keep a close eye on the proceedings, especially if you drive upcountry, there is a scam where the attendant might slip a sachet of meth pills or other drugs behind your gas cap and alert the boys in brown down the road to search your car and conveniently find it.

Thanks great information . I am a new driver in Pattaya so will check out the stations you mentioned. I think E20 is cheaper to use in the long run.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

With the e20 and e85, the government is practically paying you to use the fuel

I too finds e20 is just about the sweet spot in terms of price/mileage, e85, while cheaper per tank, runs out too quickly, while the cost savings is probably there, the inconvenience of having to fill up more often and having to find stations that has it is not worth it. And on my bikes, I can run a quite rich tune on e20 and revert back to e10 without having to re-tune the engine, the same can't be said of e85

I use to have my car washed there also until they put a long scratch on the top. Now I just pay my gardener to do it. He's happy and does a great job.

Please tell me your gardener is multilingual!biggrin.png

Lemon Green on North Pattaya Road is very good (between 3rd road junction and Sukhumvit)

Not sure why, but I also like these stations. My fav is on Suk, south of Soi Wat Boon.

I agree on Lemon Tree and they seem to give excellent all round service.

And I forgot, free bottled water too.

Edited by Bpuumike