What Would It Take To Make You Leave Thailand?......

theblether

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usa invading Thailand... And I will be out...

If England & Great Britain & United Kingdom & UK & Britain & U.K. tried to colonize 1/3 of the world again and this time included Thailand, I'd be out.

Oh wait. UK expats have invaded and colonized Thailand. Never mind. cheesy.gif

Guess who has the little willy...
Btw, it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain (Eng/Scot/Wal, minus your childish accent on the 'Great', which actually refers to the larger of the both Britains at the time as opposed to any sort of greatness, though indeed to which it would be most apt) and Northern Ireland. But UK will do for the geography-challenged and those with little sense of real history.
"What Would It Take To Make You Leave Thailand"
Lots of yankydoodles doesn't bother me too much (as long as they <deleted>) but certainly if it gets to the stage of being swamped by folks from Russia/China. I actually think everyone being booted out would be a blessing in disguise (would have no problem going back to be fair), followed by the re-rise of Burma. thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

i am already making plans to leave, after two hard years trying to start business here it has become an expensive joke, not to mention how expensive it is for work permit, it feels like trying to work with handcuffs on

A WP in Thailand is not expensive in the least...blink.png ....you should see the cost of getting WP's and administrative hassles in some of the other countries I have worked in over the years..wink.png

The WP process here is pretty straight forward

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Bangkokheat. I have a friend that feels the same way.

This story would seriously have you questioning traveling to Thailand. It's one thing being scammed by tuk tuks and jet ski guys, this is appalling.......

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/663417-drugs-planted-on-australian-couple-in-thailand/

Edited by theblether

Better question is, With the rumors of a pending Global financial collapse looming on the horizon where is there to go?

Seriously though nothing would make me leave here save dying. Love this place everyday!

• Like 2

i am already making plans to leave, after two hard years trying to start business here it has become an expensive joke, not to mention how expensive it is for work permit, it feels like trying to work with handcuffs on

Never good to hear of someone throwing the towel in.

However, after two years, no one can say you haven't given it a fair crack of the whip. I don't agree about the WP but I can see many other areas of frustration. I would hate to run a 'serious' business in this country but I have (and only ever will) run 'hobby' or lifestyle businesses.

If England & Great Britain & United Kingdom & UK & Britain & U.K. tried to colonize 1/3 of the world again and this time included Thailand, I'd be out.

At least we didn't fail to invade Viet Nam clap2.gif

The US never invaded Viet Nam. Oh wait, that's right I forgot -- Brit expats aren't required to learn anything about the world.

• Like 2

A WP in Thailand is not expensive in the least...blink.png ....you should see the cost of getting WP's and administrative hassles in some of the other countries I have worked in over the years..wink.png

then i must have killed a chinaman and broken a mirror, i got conned by a bangkok visa company, they got me the 3 months initial work permit, to get the balance of the twelve moths they tried to con me out of another 96,000 baht, then tried an accountant inpattaya by recommendation, they stiffed me for 5000 bht, went to a lawyer by recommendation again, they stuffed the paperwork and wanted me to wait in laos until they fixed it all, at that point i gave up. The expense also includes what you have to pay the government every month for ghosts in the least, even then it costs you over 100,000 bht per year for the privilege of working here and and spending your money here. Cambodia may be a developing country and corrupt but it only costs a pittance for a work visa and renewals and you dont have to employ nationals, visa from what a understand so far takes only a few days same as tourist visa there

I do have a soft spot for Thailand (and her indoors who is Thai), but have been toying with the idea of having a go at Myanmar purely from the "new challenge" point of view. We have a very successful house letting business, so are a little bit rooted here, but, for the right price would sell and try waters new. We are open to any outrageously high offers for the housesthumbsup.gif .

The fact of the mater is somewhat in contra taunt with your hypothesis. If the British Govenment had it's way in 1945 ,Thailand would have been an occupied country and by example of Singapore, Hongkong and Japan it may well have become a far more progressive nation that exists today. It was through intervention from the US that Thailand continued as a soverign nation.

In my opinion many of the expats living in Thailand who have the fininacial ability to live above the ground swell of the local environment are here simply for their perception of personal freedom with little or no concern for the stature and status of the country and it's local population. It is a I'm all right Jack mentality.

• Like 2

then i must have killed a chinaman and broken a mirror, i got conned by a bangkok visa company, they got me the 3 months initial work permit, to get the balance of the twelve moths they tried to con me out of another 96,000 baht, then tried an accountant inpattaya by recommendation, they stiffed me for 5000 bht, went to a lawyer by recommendation again, they stuffed the paperwork and wanted me to wait in laos until they fixed it all, at that point i gave up. The expense also includes what you have to pay the government every month for ghosts in the least, even then it costs you over 100,000 bht per year for the privilege of working here and and spending your money here. Cambodia may be a developing country and corrupt but it only costs a pittance for a work visa and renewals and you dont have to employ nationals, visa from what a understand so far takes only a few days same as tourist visa there

Cambodia business visa $280.

First you need a one month visa ($30) and then extend.

One more karaoke bar opening near my house. I realistically can't afford to leave. I can live here, but not my native country whose corrupt pols looted my retirement nest egg. I truly like living in Thailand for all its perceived faults, but the I have only been here four years.

The fact of the mater is somewhat in contra taunt with your hypothesis. If the British Govenment had it's way in 1945 ,Thailand would have been an occupied country and by example of Singapore, Hongkong and Japan it may well have become a far more progressive nation that exists today. It was through intervention from the US that Thailand continued as a soverign nation.

In my opinion many of the expats living in Thailand who have the fininacial ability to live above the ground swell of the local environment are here simply for their perception of personal freedom with little or no concern for the stature and status of the country and it's local population. It is a I'm all right Jack mentality.

In my opinion many of the expats living in Thailand who have the fininacial ability to live above the ground swell of the local environment.......................

In my experience, substitute the word expats for Thais, and the rest of your sentence holds true.

It is a I'm all right Jack mentality.

More of a, not my family not my problem mentality.

...what I would need.....

...to recoup enough of the 10 million baht worth that I have lost in these past 11 years....

...and get my wife to sign permission to take my daughters....to see the rest of their family.....that they have never seen....

...but possibly....they never will...

....been living like a refugee...a hostage....unless I want to abandon my daughters....which I don't.....