What Would It Take To Make You Leave Thailand?......

theblether

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my employment came to an end and I could not find a another job in a shortish time-frame I would go home.

As above.... If I could not make enough money here to keep up my lifestyle and pay the private school fees. No choice, for sale sign on the house and back to Oz.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Usa invading Thailand... And I will be out...

If England & Great Britain & United Kingdom & UK & Britain & U.K. tried to colonize 1/3 of the world again and this time included Thailand, I'd be out.

Oh wait. UK expats have invaded and colonized Thailand. Never mind.   Posted Image

Rule Britannia!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My follow on question would be this:

How many would admit to crossing the line they set for themselves years ago, or when they first arrived?

Any boiling frogs out there?

I have to admit I got pretty warm there in China before receiving the shock that sent me to Thailand.

And to cardholder, I hear that's what the Europeans in Zimbabwe said a few years before...

Edited by impulse

Kids education !

But aren't there quality education choices in the private schools? Like in Chiang Mai?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Believe me. Been there done that. Overpriced and waaaaay overrated. Left last week. Back to reality, test match is on, of to watch the premier league next weekend, watched a cricket match yesterday, world series catamarans on today. Going hiking on Monday.

Love Thailand, but when you have kids there is for me a time to go. There is so much more for kids to do and get stimulation here. Interestingly, buying quality stuff isn't that much more expensive here. Can't live off pad Thai forever.

• Like 2

When Thai taxes become as high as in Europe (income taxes) then I would leave Thailand with child and wife.

Funny you should mention that, I pay more income tax here than backhome (OZ).

can i join your club "the i pay taxes more than I did in my home country"

When Thai taxes become as high as in Europe (income taxes) then I would leave Thailand with child and wife.

Funny you should mention that, I pay more income tax here than backhome (OZ).

can i join your club "the i pay taxes more than I did in my home country"

Yup me too. Makes me all warm and fuzzy to know that 30% of it was knicked too

• Like 1

re

If Thailand happened to erupt into civil war,

if ? ... errr emmm errr sad.png

dave2 .. already sorted and almost no

more hoops smile.png

To have a civil war you would need two sides who were passionately and fundamentally opposed to each other/each othesr beliefs. Not soldiers/voters of fortune who are swayed by a few hundred Baht.

The bulk of Thais are Thai first , political opponents second.

re

more hoops smile.png

To have a civil war you would need two sides who were passionately and fundamentally opposed to each other/each othesr beliefs. Not soldiers/voters of fortune who are swayed by a few hundred Baht.

You obviously haven't been out in the red heartlands to often. Those people will fight.

re

more hoops smile.png

You obviously haven't been out in the red heartlands to often. Those people will fight.

I am fairly familiar with events in Chiang mai, Khon Kaen and a few other Isaan locations.

What you talk of is a VERY small minority of hotheads who are often paid soldiers of their master/s,

My point is that they are still Thai and are not anti-monarchist any more than their opposite numbers in other political camps. Hardly the foundation for civil unrest, let alone civil war.

A crisis of change in Thailand is more likely to unify the VAST majority of Thais, rather than pit them against each other.

BUT, some people prefer to paint a disaster scenario - however, fanciful that might be.

BUT, wait. I have been wrong before - it is why I have a Plan B.

• Like 2

re

more hoops smile.png

I am fairly familiar with events in Chiang mai, Khon Kaen and a few other Isaan locations.

What you talk of is a VERY small minority of hotheads who are often paid soldiers of their master/s,

My point is that they are still Thai and are not anti-monarchist any more than their opposite numbers in other political camps. Hardly the foundation for civil unrest, let alone civil war.

A crisis of change in Thailand is more likely to unify the VAST majority of Thais, rather than pit them against each other.

BUT, some people prefer to paint a disaster scenario - however, fanciful that might be.

Were you there in KKC when they burnt the city hall, planned to burn down central and even consisted the Pullman? They backed down. How many years did people get for burning down Bangkok bank which miraculously opened the next day? Did you hear the one if the reds burning the poster in front if rop 8 army base, which was demanded squished in the media for fear of it spreading?

The army were ready to go, but they didn't for fear of a bloodbath. So, how do you propose the army combat this problem if they step in for a coup? It won't be limited to Bangkok next time.

Thaksin knows that if the army steps in, his only option is to get people to fight n nationwide. Lived in issan kkc for 18 years. Left last week. If and when it goes down this time, it will be much more serious.

No doubt

re

more hoops smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

I wonder which area that is. Also PTP won the election in most of the provinces in the Northeast but we do have people who voted against Yingluck and they are still part of the village life and no red shirts fight them. Their maybe some hardcore red shorts that want to fight but the yellow shirts surely want to fight too.

• Like 1

When TAT announces 30 million tourists visiting Thailand or dogs finally overrun the streets and beaches

With Chinese and Indians making up the bulk of foreign visitors now, and with 6 million to go before hitting your panic zone of 30m, I think you should start making your plans soon!

Not sure what the tipping point might be but I remember just before the economic crisis five years ago when most ex pats were hit with the double whammy of low interest rates on their savings and a big fall in the exchange rate the government were rumoured to be actually doubling the 'guarantee' foreigners had to pay to maintain their visa yet again. That was effectively booted into touch when it then became apparent that the vast majority would simply not be able to remain in Thailand.

Personally I think it depends on a combination of factors, not just political or economic.

To have a civil war you would need two sides who were passionately and fundamentally opposed to each other/each othesr beliefs. Not soldiers/voters of fortune who are swayed by a few hundred Baht. The bulk of Thais are Thai first , political opponents second.

Were you there in KKC when they burnt the city hall, planned to burn down central and even consisted the Pullman? They backed down. How many years did people get for burning down Bangkok bank which miraculously opened the next day? Did you hear the one if the reds burning the poster in front if rop 8 army base, which was demanded squished in the media for fear of it spreading?

The army were ready to go, but they didn't for fear of a bloodbath. So, how do you propose the army combat this problem if they step in for a coup? It won't be limited to Bangkok next time.

Thaksin knows that if the army steps in, his only option is to get people to fight n nationwide. Lived in issan kkc for 18 years. Left last week. If and when it goes down this time, it will be much more serious.

No doubt

I don't agree.

But that is what forums are about - opinions.

• Like 1