Multi O visa Options in Surrounding Countries

I know this has been discussed endlessly here but mostly for people who are either married or have children living here

What are the options for someone single over 50 retired and wanting to renew their type O Multi Visa in this locality (close to Thailand) without going all the way back to the UK etc

Is there an option or is it only available for those that are married etc

whistling.gif Over 50 or married to a Thai.

Either way you don't actually get another Non O multi-entry visa locally.

What you are doing is actually extending your non O visa for one year annually.

My Non o visa was issued in October 2010 .... and I met the requirements for retirement so I extended that visa each year since 2010 to stay here in Thailand.

That process has been dealt with ... what the requirements are and what you need to do to prove you meet the requirements ....on this forum subject area many times.

I won't repeat them here.

You see, there is really no retirement VISA or a marriage VISA either.

Both of these are really an annual EXTENSION of the Non O visa you entered Thailand on.

You do that extension at your local immigration office wherever you live in Thailand.

Once you are granted this extension, your visa is extended 1 year (they stamp you passport for a one year additional stay).

This extension requires 90 day reporting at your local immigration.

It is NOT a multi-entry.

If you need (or want) to exit and reenter Thailand many times during that extension year, then at the same time you get the extension you get an exit re-entry permit from immigration.

A multi exit re-entry permit will cost 3800 Baht and you can make as many exits and re-entry trips as you want during that one year extension of your original visa.

As I said, I came here in October 2010, have not received a new VISA anywhere since then, and I am now here on my 3rd extension of that original 2010 Non O visa (which I got originally in Hull).

I have two trips at least every year using exit re-entry permits. No problems.

It can be done.

If you're married to a Thai, it is a similar marriage extension process. Different requirements for the extension, but it can be done if you meet the requirements.

whistling.gif

Another excessively long post that did not include the most important thing being the financial requirement for the extensions.

Retirement 800k baht in the bank or 65k income or a combination of the 2.

Marriage 400k or 40k income.

Also you again put exit in front of re-entry permit which is wrong you don't need a permit to leave the country.