Manhunt underway for Thonglor cops accused of extortion

webfact

Do anyone have a phone number to anyone in Bangkok who is acually willing to do something about corruption. I have a friend there on a tourist visa who has been arrested and his family is being asked for money to make the case go away. He needs some local help becuase US embassey is not doing much because thai police make the case look lagit. I need a phone number in thailand.

Extortion of foreigners by Thong Lor coppers has been going on for years.

Glad they have been outed in this case though. I myself have been a victim of Police extortion from that station but I won't go into details here. As soon as I moved away from mid-Sukhumvit the hassle stopped; no more being pulled over on the back of a motorbike or hauled from a taxi at 2am and searched by these criminals.

Thong Lor is well known as the most corrupt cop shop in Bangkok. The affluence of the area means it is ripe for making a little extra tea money and it is a desirable promotion for these criminals in uniform.

This story, the Santika club fire and the attempted cover up of the Red Bull murders by fellow superior officers of the victim should tell you all you need to know about the place.