Red shirts in Bangkok file complaint after attack by anti-govt students

webfact

Redshirts File Complaint After Attack By Anti-Govt Students
By Khaosod Online

red.jpg

The People’s Radio for Democracy during a press conference.

BANGKOK: -- The People’s Radio for Democracy filed a complaint to the police after some of its members were attacked by a group vocational students, who joined the People’s Army Against Thaksin’s Regime protest at Lumpini park.

Ms. Buppha Sirikaew, 68, who was among 4 other people who were injured by the students, said that her group was travelling from Victory Monument after the protest with the People’s Radio for Democracy ended.

While waiting at the traffic light near Lumpini Park, the group of 50-70 vocational students emerged from the park and pelted rocks, bottles, and other objects at the Redshirts convoy.

According to the police, the CCTV investigation is being conducted and those who engaged in the incident will be charged for injuring and harming lives and properties of other people.

The attacking students were among several thousand polytechnic students who swelled the ranks of the the People’s Army against Thaksin’s Regime protest at Lumpini Park. The group used yellow scarves and yellow headbands to identify themselves.

The students, whose institution is not yet known, also called for support from other vocational education institutions to join the protest.

Regarding the incident, Mr. Anusorn Eiamsa-ard, deputy spokesmen of Phue Thai party, urged the vocational education institution to carefully advise their student about the protest, and take responsibility in guiding their students to express political preferences in the "appropriate way".

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM056VXpNREEzTWc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-08-27

well at least they didnt use guns and grenades like their own "brothers" did, its great to see that they are getting some of their own butlike all cowards they are now crying because they were hurt, poor things.

• Like 2

well at least they didnt use guns and grenades like their own "brothers" did, its great to see that they are getting some of their own butlike all cowards they are now crying because they were hurt, poor things.

They are crying because they know the (Thaksin) police is on their side. Wouldn't surprise me if Tharit from the DSI is going to look into this. (seriously).

I think the photo in the OP says everything that needs to be said about the red shirts.

I noticed one person is holding a small child. I wonder if they are still taking their children to these disruptions.

• Like 1

Strange times indeed, for once I actually cheer for the vocational students lol.

How ironic would it be if all the vocational schools joined forces against the red-shirts. 2013's a strange time indeed.

I'll drink to that ironery. clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

Just as wrong as what the reds were doing, I am pro democrat and anti red but there is no reason to act like this. I do feel however there are 2 standards they don't seem to go after red shirts doing the same and even say that democrats should not protests because they cant protect them.

Still both parties need to grow up but this country thugs rule and they have seen it before and are copying it.

• Like 2

Just as wrong as what the reds were doing, I am pro democrat and anti red but there is no reason to act like this. I do feel however there are 2 standards they don't seem to go after red shirts doing the same and even say that democrats should not protests because they cant protect them.

Still both parties need to grow up but this country thugs rule and they have seen it before and are copying it.

Agree. But the Red shirts (dressed in red) could have easily avoided passing by the Anti Thaksin protest site.

• Like 1

As usual if you cannot get your own way you start crying and shouting, Typical babies, the bodyguard of the government. Money again--(i want) i'll sue, we are the boss around here. We have total protection-we own Thailand.

I think the photo in the OP says everything that needs to be said about the red shirts.

I noticed one person is holding a small child. I wonder if they are still taking their children to these disruptions.

The answer is probably yes; easier to play martyr that way, and maybe even cash in on a bigger hand-out.

Maybe I should file a complaint against the red shits sorry shirts giggle.gif

On the last day they ran amuck in Bangkok I was under great stress trying to catch a taxi from Victory Monument to Klong Toey

How much can i get besides a kick in the butt facepalm.gif