Mystery surrounds fatal stabbing of Englishman's wife at East Pattaya home

webfact

Saying that a business partner may be the culprit , leads me to think of a friend of mine who married a much younger woman and eventually robbed him of all his assets .

His wife has a business and when her husband refused to pay the overheads , she formed a partnership with some other foreigners and guess what , they got nothing from it too .

Demands for money may have played a part in provoking this murder . Where was the husband while this was going on ?

Edited by metisdead
Unnecessary usage of bold font removed.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how you geniuses can come to the conclusion there was no love between this couple and it was all about money when you didn't know either of them.........wish I was as clever as you guys.

it sounds like you are in the same boat, old,have a young Thai girl friend? 73 year old with 37 year old Thai girl fiend, there was love between them ? you must be joking

Just got off the plane have you? Many many moons ago an old sailor said to me "Once you go past Suez, all the rules change." 60 years on, having spent a great deal of time in these parts, I'm still learning some of them. I suggest that you should have left all your concepts of how life should be back home along with your ideas of morality. Thailand is part of a different world and you'd better get used to it quickly.

I personally don't give a fig whether you are repelled by the sight and thoughts of two adult people of different decades deciding to join forces. Has it ever entered your head that there are mutual advantages? Or does your mind not wander far from the bedroom? There is a 33 year gap in the ages of my wife and myself. We have taken those parts of each others culture that we can live with and made an amalgam acceptable to both of us. We have built a deep and trusting relationship and are supremely happy together. You have my sympathy if your mind is so bitter and twisted that you cannot visualise that. There are many factors to consider when choosing a mate. Selecting one on the basis of he/she having a body beautiful is one of the more fatuous.

I hope that as you travel Life's journey you will acquire a far greater degree of wisdom than you currently possess and will have the humility to look back over you life and realise what a prat you were in your younger days. I certainly did.

Well said. I have pretty much given up on this forum trying to convince some of the younger members that there can be sincere love and affection between a man and a woman with a substantial age difference. Their minds are so closed that it's just a futile exercise.

RIP to the victim, nobody desserve to die like this, anything she done.

Old farang husband, Tomboy and business money... dangerous cocktail, especially in Pattaya

Couldn't agree more.

This seems apparent to most but some are a little touchy about the subject.

Old farang husband, Tomboy and business money... dangerous cocktail, especially in Pattaya

Couldn't agree more.

...and some like to make everything fit a mold.

• Like 1

Okay, my wife has many different lovers. She is a hardened gambler that is addicted to 'ya-baa'. I think I would know if she had problems but yes Mr. Expert, anything is possible, T.I.T

Silly me. No mention of a boyfriend but definitely a stink of a jealous lover. As I previously said, it happens all the time.

silly me as well. Can you help with my reading because I can see no mention of a stink of a jealous lover in the update. Even being an expert I still can't see it

I'm glad to see your eyes are now wide open and realies your wife could be just like any other bad Thai lady

'realies' Do you mean realize?

Where does it say this has anything to do with my wife? LOL Tones of a past, bad experience here maybe???

You are obviously new here and unaware of what happens around you. Either that or you live in a part of Thailand where everyone is perfect but nevertheless, you will realize in time that all isn't pretty birds (no pun intended) butterflies and rainbows here my friend and I'm sure that the longer you are here, the more you will learn about why so many ex-pats are suspicious, you have to be! biggrin.png

My original post was only HINTING of a Thai lover NOT confirming but this seems too hard for you to comprehend. In the light of the arrest of the 'business partner', I like many here are hinting that there might be a lover involved, as it often happens here. Again, you seem a little oblivious to this.

Soon I've got to go to the office but I wish you all the best in getting your post count up.

Enjoy your daysmile.png

This story has nothing to do with what your wife gets up to while you are at the office. LOL

This story is about the murder of a young woman apparently by a business partner. It is bad manners to hint that the victim had a Thai boyfriend that is only a possibility in your mind. She is not here to defend her reputation so it is best to be silent about something you have no knowledge of.

Sorry about my spelling mistake.

”In the light of the arrest of the business partner.” What arrest?

Where is the stink of a jealous lover you referred to?

Were or are you a journalist? Because you are making things up. Try to read and comprehend the story as it is written not with your jaded view of life.

What has my post count of about 100 to your 300 got to do with anything?

And I will enjoy my day as I have not had to go to the office for the last 7 years. Don't work too hard.

'It now appears that an incident began inside the house involving Mr. James’s wife and her business partner, Khun Wandee aged 34'

It's there in black and white from the update. Can't you see it? coffee1.gif

I'm not a journalist, I merely just read the reports. Maybe you should try it some time. coffee1.gif

My jaded view of life ha? So now you are getting personal sweety. Try to keep the comments and remarks on topic and do try to keep up ol' boyclap2.gif

Joob joobsmile.png

Couldn't agree more.

...good job we have you here to keep pushing the boundaries.

Couldn't agree more.

...good job we have you here to keep pushing the boundaries.

Not pushing boundaries, just keeping an open mind.

• Like 1

Where does it say this has anything to do with my wife? LOL Tones of a past, bad experience here maybe???

You are obviously new here and unaware of what happens around you. Either that or you live in a part of Thailand where everyone is perfect but nevertheless, you will realize in time that all isn't pretty birds (no pun intended) butterflies and rainbows here my friend and I'm sure that the longer you are here, the more you will learn about why so many ex-pats are suspicious, you have to be! biggrin.png

My original post was only HINTING of a Thai lover NOT confirming but this seems too hard for you to comprehend. In the light of the arrest of the 'business partner', I like many here are hinting that there might be a lover involved, as it often happens here. Again, you seem a little oblivious to this.

Soon I've got to go to the office but I wish you all the best in getting your post count up.

Enjoy your daysmile.png

This story has nothing to do with what your wife gets up to while you are at the office. LOL

This story is about the murder of a young woman apparently by a business partner. It is bad manners to hint that the victim had a Thai boyfriend that is only a possibility in your mind. She is not here to defend her reputation so it is best to be silent about something you have no knowledge of.

Were or are you a journalist? Because you are making things up. Try to read and comprehend the story as it is written not with your jaded view of life.

And I will enjoy my day as I have not had to go to the office for the last 7 years. Don't work too hard.

'It now appears that an incident began inside the house involving Mr. James’s wife and her business partner, Khun Wandee aged 34'

I'm not a journalist, I merely just read the reports. Maybe you should try it some time. coffee1.gif

My jaded view of life ha? So now you are getting personal sweety. Try to keep the comments and remarks on topic and do try to keep up ol' boyclap2.gif

Joob joobsmile.png

Your posts are full of lies

You hinted of a Thai boyfriend. NOT TRUE

You refer to “the stink of a jealous lover” NOT TRUE

You say In the light of the arrest of the 'business partner' NOT TRUE there has been no arrest yet.

I am not getting touchy as you put it, but I like to deal in facts not possibilities or guess work.

What am I suppose to get from the update that was not in the OP

This is the last time I will post a reply to you as you have no idea what you are writing

Again an Englishman and Pattaya in the news. Just another reason for me never to step foot in the ***t hole of a city! Honestly when will people learn, especially the Brits about falling in love with these bar girls. Balcony falls, drugs overdoses, missing and dead girlfriends. Moral of the story? Don't fall in love with a bar girl! Especially from Pattaya, and with the track records of the Brits. Stay home in England a d when you get the urge go to Amsterdam Lol!

Lost for words... What an utterly stupid and insensitive post sick.gif

But very very true. Many old fools dont know the consequences if renting a prosstitute.

Equally insensitive as the post you quoted on.

• Like 1

Enjoy your daysmile.png

Joob joobsmile.png

Your posts are full of lies

You hinted of a Thai boyfriend. NOT TRUE

You refer to “the stink of a jealous lover” NOT TRUE

You say In the light of the arrest of the 'business partner' NOT TRUE there has been no arrest yet.

I am not getting touchy as you put it, but I like to deal in facts not possibilities or guess work.

What am I suppose to get from the update that was not in the OP

This is the last time I will post a reply to you as you have no idea what you are writing

Yes, no arrest yet, I stand corrected Obiwan Kenobi, do forgive mesmile.png

There has been a warrant issued though. Why is this? An argument over money (report does say business partner) or a jealous lover?

Oh I keep forgetting, how dare I have an opinion or even say something on the matter.facepalm.gif

We don't yet know do we? In the meantime though we can't speculate why, oh no. This seems to upset a few nothing-to-do, know-it-all, keyboard warriors that haven't worked for a long time.

And yes Mr Pedantic, please, please don't reply, I have things to do and will not reply to you anywaysmile.png

Joob joob

Get over it, you are in Thailand, if you don't like it get out, yes old guy young girl, so what, happens everywhere, stop passing judgement i really hate it, the question is why did this happen and will we ever know the truth so we can protect ourselves from this happening to us but unfortunately the story repeats itself many times with different actors, at least here we hear about it see the photos and we can comment but in many countries it would never get published, not really news. I hope we get the truth some time.

Chill out and grow some skin

@ giddyup

Keeping an open mind? hmmm

So with that said, is there the possibility of this being a robbery that went wrong?

Is there the possibility of this being a disagreement over money with a business partner that ended tragically with the victim's death ?

Is there the possibility of this being the result of a jealous lover's rage?

The answer to these questions is yes. I totally agree, there are many possibilities so we should 'keep an open mind'.

Lastly my friend, as many posters have said; that place, younger women, foreign men and money are forever appearing in horror stories. I think we have all read some stories or met people that have bad experiences down there, wouldn't you agree? I know this doesn't necessarily mean one thing or another but the circumstances in which she died are the result of foul play and this is a forum where people are allowed comment and speculate. Like you said, 'keep an open mind'. Nothing can be ruled out at this stage.

The insensitivity of some posters amazes me. Do they ever stop and think that the husband, his relatives, or friends might read these posts???

Regrettably some posters are incapable a of logical thought process.

• Like 2

The naivety astonishes me. When you have been in Thailand 24 years, your view will change. Unless, of course you are one of these old guys with a young wife in Pattaya.

So old men meet young girls say on the internet and randomly choose Pattaya to live xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.YrVD4txHqx.webp wake up man.

If you are one of these its not too late to change.

What utter BS. I have lived abroad all my life and am probably younger than you. I am sure stuff happens, but a lot of people here are making guesses and assumptions and generally just like to brighten up their miserable lives by bringing other people down. If I read you got run over tomorrow, I shall automatically assume that you are an old sexpat that was drunk and git pushed in front of the truck by his 21-year old Katoey friend.facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

• Like 1

The naivety astonishes me. When you have been in Thailand 24 years, your view will change. Unless, of course you are one of these old guys with a young wife in Pattaya.

So old men meet young girls say on the internet and randomly choose Pattaya to live xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.YrVD4txHqx.webp wake up man.

What utter BS. I have lived abroad all my life and am probably younger than you. I am sure stuff happens, but a lot of people here are making guesses and assumptions and generally just like to brighten up their miserable lives by bringing other people down. If I read you got run over tomorrow, I shall automatically assume that you are an old sexpat that was drunk and git pushed in front of the truck by his 21-year old Katoey friend.facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

I wish there was a button we could push to not be able to read posts from some posters. I enjoy forums usually and peoples different thoughts on subjects but when you get it from people who think they know everything about a couple’s life from reading one short news story. I sorry words fail me. I think you’ll find he hasn’t been here 24 years just got off the last banana boat read 1 one sided book about life in Thailand and then made the rest up to fit in to his stereotype image he has of Thai people. You’re probably right about the Katoey because no woman could put with his views for long.

• Like 1

I wish there was a button we could push to not be able to read posts from some posters. I enjoy forums usually and peoples different thoughts on subjects but when you get it from people who think they know everything about a couple’s life from reading one short news story. I sorry words fail me. I think you’ll find he hasn’t been here 24 years just got off the last banana boat read 1 one sided book about life in Thailand and then made the rest up to fit in to his stereotype image he has of Thai people. You’re probably right about the Katoey because no woman could put with his views for long.

Hear hear, well said Sir.

Their seem to be some here incapable of considering other's theories and hell bent on just typing and wasting the day away.

Hear hear, well said Sir.

Their seem to be some here incapable of considering other's theories and hell bent on just typing and wasting the day away.

Thank you

I don’t understand your comment “hell bent on just typing and wasting the day away” do you mean its ok for you to type and waste your day away but no other poster should. I’m confused. Please explain.

I can respect other peoples theories (A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts) but people that want a theory considered based on conjecture (Inference or judgment based on inconclusive or incomplete evidence; i.e. guesswork) are not worth considering.

Conjecture: Maybe she was killed by death rays from Mars. Should we consider it? No

Conjecture: Maybe it was a robbery gone wrong but no evidence to support it. The police will have considered it and ruled it out. Should we consider it? No

Conjecture: She was a prostitute. The number of Thai people living in Pattaya is estimated at 300-500,000 the number of bar girls is estimated at 20-30,000. So based on those numbers it is unlikely. Not every Thai lady works in the adult entertainment industry. She was married to an Englishman. Many of us find ladies through the internet or friends or work colleges or in restaurants or shops the park or1 of a hundred other places. Should we consider she was a bar girl? No

Conjecture: A disagreement over money with a business partner. No evidence to support that. Should we consider it? No

Conjecture: A jealous lover's rage. No evidence to support that. Should we consider it? No

If someone comes with enough conjectures its possible 1 of them will be right and then they will write go see post ** I was right but at what cost.

So what should we consider? The main suspect named Noo has to answer some questions and going on past cases if she did it she will confess. If she confesses cased closed if she doesn't but is charged anyway we should consider her innocent until proved guilty.

Lastly Imagine this happened to your wife would you like to read the things that have been written here. None of us want the memory of our loved ones trashed in such a way. So think of her husband, mother, father, brothers, sisters, cousins, aunties, and uncles and if people do think of them maybe we wont see any more incentive posts.

Have a nice day. Sir

• Like 1

@ uty6543

I, just like you don't appreciate some people's views especially when they are stating my life is jaded and I'm a liar or whatever else it may be they throw at me.

Ah yes, conjecture, conjecture, conjecture.

Can I first ask you; is it wrong to speculate what might have happened to this poor girl? 'Cause that's exactly all people can do at the moment. More importantly, are you telling me I can’t or I’m wrong to speculate? What do you think could possibly have happened? I take it you do have some thoughts on this or are you only picking holes in others?

Okay, about the unfortunate, tragic occurrence with this young lady. I was never hinting that she was a bar girl. If you are accusing me of that, please check my posts and you will not see any mention of this. I did hint that there could possibly be a lover involved maybe a 'boyfriend'. Now before you call me insensitive to her family’s feelings, I'm just a little cynical as I have seen and continue to see Thai's and farang alike, involved in some sort of 'love triangle'. Now again, if this upsets you or her family, I apologise but this is a forum where posters can offer opinions and alternative views as long as these views aren't insulting, right?

Maybe I'm too cynical but this is not unfounded. Many Thai's have lovers, not bar girls or gay, bar boys but normal, hard-working family type people. Many times, friends (farang too) get involved with attached people and if we are honest, we read and hear about it all the time.

As I previously said, I know of many a Thai lady and even more so Thai men that do have lovers so it could well be a possibility that a lover, male or female is involved, do you not agree? If we talk about probabilities, angry lover or business partner now seems to be the most likely theory. You maybe disagree but, what the hell, it's a forum and that's your prerogative if you choose to think like that.

I will however confess to stereo-typing where Pattaya is concerned. When that place, younger women and older men are involved it is normally financial but in my defence, I do hold back more than most with my comments on this as I know it isn't always the case and often offends. Can I now ask you, is your wife half your age? Do you reside in Pattaya? Did you know her or do you know her family? I'm just trying to understand the sensitivity here.

People's comments are sometimes based on facts but in situations like this where no guilty party has been convicted, posters just share their thoughts, ideas, opinions or views, just as I was so I fail to see why my comments are of great interest. Again, am I not allowed an opinion?

My friend, I don't wish to bicker with you and I do feel we have wasted too much time doing so. I do understand the point you make about considering her families feelings, I really do but I was just offering my slant on it, based on my jaded experiences maybe, lol.

So maybe we can start to understand to each other’s views and stop exchanging sarcastic messages. Let’s hope so anyway.

LMB

@ uty6543

I, just like you don't appreciate some people's views especially when they are stating my life is jaded and I'm a liar or whatever else it may be they throw at me.

Can I first ask you; is it wrong to speculate what might have happened to this poor girl? 'Cause that's exactly all people can do at the moment. More importantly, are you telling me I can’t or I’m wrong to speculate? What do you think could possibly have happened? I take it you do have some thoughts on this or are you only picking holes in others?

Okay, about the unfortunate, tragic occurrence with this young lady. I was never hinting that she was a bar girl. If you are accusing me of that, please check my posts and you will not see any mention of this. I did hint that there could possibly be a lover involved maybe a 'boyfriend'. Now before you call me insensitive to her family’s feelings, I'm just a little cynical as I have seen and continue to see Thai's and farang alike, involved in some sort of 'love triangle'. Now again, if this upsets you or her family, I apologise but this is a forum where posters can offer opinions and alternative views as long as these views aren't insulting, right?

Maybe I'm too cynical but this is not unfounded. Many Thai's have lovers, not bar girls or gay, bar boys but normal, hard-working family type people. Many times, friends (farang too) get involved with attached people and if we are honest, we read and hear about it all the time.

As I previously said, I know of many a Thai lady and even more so Thai men that do have lovers so it could well be a possibility that a lover, male or female is involved, do you not agree? If we talk about probabilities, angry lover or business partner now seems to be the most likely theory. You maybe disagree but, what the hell, it's a forum and that's your prerogative if you choose to think like that.

I will however confess to stereo-typing where Pattaya is concerned. When that place, younger women and older men are involved it is normally financial but in my defence, I do hold back more than most with my comments on this as I know it isn't always the case and often offends. Can I now ask you, is your wife half your age? Do you reside in Pattaya? Did you know her or do you know her family? I'm just trying to understand the sensitivity here.

People's comments are sometimes based on facts but in situations like this where no guilty party has been convicted, posters just share their thoughts, ideas, opinions or views, just as I was so I fail to see why my comments are of great interest. Again, am I not allowed an opinion?

My friend, I don't wish to bicker with you and I do feel we have wasted too much time doing so. I do understand the point you make about considering her families feelings, I really do but I was just offering my slant on it, based on my jaded experiences maybe, lol.

So maybe we can start to understand to each other’s views and stop exchanging sarcastic messages. Let’s hope so anyway.

LMB

Just answer 1 simple question. If this happened to your wife would you like to read the same things about her that have been written about somebody else's wife? Yes or No

@ uty6543

LMB

Just answer 1 simple question. If this happened to your wife would you like to read the same things about her that have been written about somebody else's wife? Yes or No

If, if, if but it isn't about my wife, is it? But if it was, could I stop people having their say?

It's about a lady dying in suspicious circumstances and guess what? I, just like many, have speculated on the possible reasons of her tragic death. Do you know why? 'cos this is a forum where we CAN speculate. Sorry about your inability to fathom that one.

Anyway; The suspect revealed she was caught up in a “Love Triangle” involving the victim, Khun Kunlanit, and her English Husband

From the latest update and just as I was suggesting. whistling.gif