My Sister Arrives In Chiang Mai Tomorrow........

theblether

............and my feet still haven't recovered from the accident. Oh well I'll need to walk about in my socks.

Anyway, I've been plotting and planning where to take her, here husband, and young adult son and daughter. I've got a schedule all sorted out for the kind of places that I know she would like to see such as Tiger Kingdom, The Elephant Camp and various others. I know my sister is a relatively fussy eater so I'm restricted to the eateries that I can trust to make sure she won't go hungry.

On the bright side there are plenty of farang food eateries available in Chiang Mai. Her family are not as fussy as she is so that won't be a problem. She's staying at the moat not far from Loih Kroh, ( Girlie Bar area in CM ), I know she won't be seen dead down there but I'm figuring my eighteen year old nephew may get lost coming back from 7/11 one night. whistling.gif

On the downside, her hotel is close to where the Ladyboys ply their trade of a night time, I don't want him getting the shock of his life. sad.png I don't need to worry about my brother in law, my sis has fitted him with an electric collar, remote control shocks coming his way if he goes outside a 10 metre radius of her.

One of my pals had his mother over here last year and she was a nightmare. There wasn't a food she could take to and she became a virtual recluse during the visit. It's safe to say that was a stressful time for him as he couldn't figure out what to do to make her happy.

I've got no doubt many of you will have stories good and bad about family coming to visit you. Was it something you enjoyed or bitterly regretted?

I'll let you know my opinion next Wednesday when she flies back out again biggrin.png

I always ask for my food "not too spicy." They always seem to know what I mean. Load me up with hot spices, oil, sugar, garlic and onion and I guarantee you it won't set well with my stomach.

I always carry Imodium and Advil. Advil reduces swelling and Imodium... If I'm worried about a dish, I'll take the meds right along with it.

My sister also came to Thailand for the first time 20 months ago.

She was a dream to be with.

Flights into Thailand were delayed because of the Floods.

post-104736-0-88318200-1377648652_thumb.

We chose to be in Chiang Mai for the Yi-Ping / Loy Kathong Festival time.

post-104736-0-65038900-1377648817_thumb.

She loves elephants, thus did an overnighter at the Camp for disabled/poorly Elephants

When she first said yes to Thailand, I asked her for how long ... 10 days was replied.

I talked her into 12 and arranged for 14 days and after the first 3 days in Chiang Mai (we had 4 nights there) ... she was asking why we don't have longer there ... facepalm.gif

post-104736-0-84720600-1377649307_thumb.

We were blessed with excellent weather and the full moon added to a delightful trip for Sis.

Good Luck with your Families visit.

I hope they go back home with pleasant memories.

re

I'm figuring my eighteen year old nephew may get lost coming back from 7/11 one night

its not cheap sad.png

but my dad tells me there are some nice

friendly girls who work in here smile.png

dave2

down loi kroh road to the iron bridge

turn left and its about 500 yards on the

right smile.png

post-42592-0-70978300-1377655124_thumb.j

• Like 1

You are worried about an 18 year old boy getting the shock of his life because he may see a ladyboy? Not sure what country your family are from but unless he has been stowed away living under the stairs in some dark forsaken place I am sure he knows a thing or two about the birds.the bees, and those that are in between!

I took my 16 year old nephew to some of the girlie bars in the nearest town last year and he had a good laugh. The girls taught him some proper Thai words, learned how to play connect four and to make a decent Kamikaze! Shaken not stirred. Still thanks me for showing him a good time........

I always ask for my food "not too spicy." They always seem to know what I mean. Load me up with hot spices, oil, sugar, garlic and onion and I guarantee you it won't set well with my stomach.

I always carry Imodium and Advil. Advil reduces swelling and Imodium... If I'm worried about a dish, I'll take the meds right along with it.

Hope youdo not carry the imodium if you transit Dubai...someone got 4 years for it.

It will also give you a positive pee test here.

You are worried about an 18 year old boy getting the shock of his life because he may see a ladyboy? Not sure what country your family are from but unless he has been stowed away living under the stairs in some dark forsaken place I am sure he knows a thing or two about the birds.the bees, and those that are in between!

I took my 16 year old nephew to some of the girlie bars in the nearest town last year and he had a good laugh. The girls taught him some proper Thai words, learned how to play connect four and to make a decent Kamikaze! Shaken not stirred. Still thanks me for showing him a good time........

All those women there and it was you that showed him a good time?

I am shocked sad.png

That's not a story my nephew will be able to recount in future years too, he hates connect 4.

If you were Australian, you could go to jail for that admission.

Regarding ladboys,

On one of my first trips to pattaya a took a( girl?) from walking back to hotel, really drunk I was ofcourse,

in the room she? started saying Chan gae, chan gae when she was to shy to take her clothes of without closing

the light...

Unexpericend I as was and drunk I thougth she was saying I´m gay I´m gay...so I was scared as hell that she was I ladyboy ( she wasent )

turns out that " Chan gae" means I´m old.. cheesy.gif

If you were Australian, you could go to jail for that admission.
Why's that?

i enjoy being a "virtual recluse"

how can you not like chicken or pork on rice? thailand have different chicken or pork to elsewhere? any number of supermarkets to choose from selling similar if not same stuff as in the west. eg tops supermarket has oats from germany. potato chips. baked beans, softdrinks, muslie, tinned fish, bread, assorted fruit and vegs and meats.

if he finds even 1 girl on loi kroh attractive he's got a serious problem for an 18 y.o.

Edited by john baah jumper

I still remember with amusement the look of shock on my mothers face when she had to have it explained to her what a lady boy was, this was in the early days of dateing the wife & we were having a family pub lunch.

• Like 1

I am shocked sad.png

That's not a story my nephew will be able to recount in future years too, he hates connect 4.

He might change his mind after he's played it with Nok's cleavage in his face.

• Like 1

I am shocked sad.png

He might change his mind after he's played it with Nok's cleavage in his face.

Cleavage w00t.gif , did someone mention cleavage ? Where, when, l missed it. sad.png

Settle down TA. There's no video or anything.